• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st Annual T-Rode Season Predictions

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be posting my season predictions here. Couple buddies of mine at work are having a monetary bet to see who can have the best predictions throughout the season. This includes regular season, conference titles and NCAA Tournament. I'm gonna be posting conference by conference. It's essentially to keep me accountable and have it in black and white to show them when I win haha.

America East Conference Predictions:

Vermont Catamounts - 26-4 (15-1) - Vermont is always good. 10 years of 20+ win seasons. Don't see that ending anytime soon. Season starts off rough in the NIT Season Tip off which includes games against #1 Kansas and Louisville. Season gets much easier as the conference schedule gets closer and closer.

UMBC Retrievers - 23-6 (14-2) - Part of this, I will admit, it due to the hype of this team making NCAA history last year in the NCAA Tournament. The last two seasons, they've been a decent team. 14-2 is probably a stretch, but the rest of this conference sucks really bad. They are participating in the Bimini Jam in the Bahamas, and I'm predicting a strong showing from them.

Hartford Hawks - 19-11 (11-5) - 11-5 last year as well, but last year they made strong strides to turn this program around. Two years ago, they had a 4-12 conference record. Very impressive. Bad part is Vermont is so good that the Hawks get overlooked. No key additions or departures for the team. I see much of the same from them this year. They have a possible faceoff with #19 Mississippi State in the MGM Resorts Main Event Tournamet which might set their season off if they can get the upset.

Albany Great Danes - 19-11 (10-6) - My community college coach is entering his 17th season as HC of the Great Danes. They've had lots of success outside of conference play. Last year, they entered conference play as a 12-3 team, ended up 10-6 in conference play. They've been declining over the last 4 years. Don't think they decline this year, but I don't expect much improvements. They are participating in the Belfast Classic with Buffalo, Milwaukee, Dartmouth, LIU Brooklyn, San Francsco, Stephen F. Austin and Marist. Might actually be the best team of the bunch.

Binghamton Bearcats - 10-21 (6-10) - The Bearcats have struggled recently. They have only won 46 games since 2010, 19 of them are conference wins. 2-14 last year, 3-13 the year before. I do see some improvements only because I am predicting Stony Brook to be a disaster this year.

Maine Black Bears - 10-21 (4-12) - Same boat as Binghamton. 3-13 in conference play two straight years. Maybe they'll get 1 more conference win this year.

UMass-Lowell River Hawks - 10-21 (4-12) - This is UMass-Lowell's 2nd year of eligibility since transitioning to D1. They improved by 1 win last year over the year before. This isn't a good team and don't see them doing much.

New Hampshire Wildcats - 8-21 (4-12) - New Hampshire made the CIT two years ago, ended the season at 6-10 in conference play. Don't see much from this program this year either.

Stony Brook Seawolves - 7-23 (4-12) - 2015-16 feels like such a long time ago. That was the year Stony Brook won the regular season and conference tournament. A 10 win decline in 16-17 and a 5 win decline in 17-18 screams bad season coming the Seawolves way this year. 3-7 in their first 10 conference games last year. They take part in the Hal of Fame tip of tournament which includes South Carolina, George Washington and Holy Cross. Sorry, Seawolf fans, it's gonna be a long season.

Conference Tournament:

#8 New Hampshire vs. #1 Vermont
#7 UMass-Lowell vs. #2 UMBC
#6 Maine vs. #3 Hartford
#5 Binghamton vs. #4 Albany

#4 Albany vs. #1 Vermont
#3 Hartford
vs. #2 UMBC

#3 Hartford vs. #1 Vermont

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAC Predictions:

Wichita State Shockers - 25-4 (16-2) - The Shockers have been one of those teams that are tough to beat since 2011. They declined last year, which was their first year in the AAC. Gregg Marshall has done a great job with this program. Last year, they finished tied for 2nd in the conference, entered the NCAA tournament as a 10 seed and made it to the 2nd round. I see them continuing their success and winning the AAC Regular Season title

UCF Knights - 22-5 (13-4) - As long as the Knights can stay healthy, they should be a heavy favorite to win the AAC title this year. They have a fairly easy out of conference schedule and as long as they stay healthy, the Knights should make the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2005.

Houston Cougars - 21-9 (12-6) - Houston had a bounce back year last year, finishing the year as the 21st best team in the country and made it to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament, almost upsetting the Championship Runner-Up Michigan Wolverines. They entered conference play as a 10-2 team and their OOC schedule is just as easy as last year. I think UCF being more competitive brings Houston down a notch, not too far down, but low enough to knock them from the NCAA tournament.

Cincinnati Bearcats - 20-10 (11-7) - The Bearcats had a stellar season last year, not only winning the AAC regular season title, but the conference tournament title and won the Cayman Islands Classic. They were a 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament, but was upset by Nevada in the 2nd round. Their court has been renovated, but Jacob Evans, star guard, was lost to the NBA Draft this year. Jarron Cumberland has been named for various preseason conference awards, but I feel like a year like the Bearcats had last year doesn't come often and doesn't happen 2 years in a row. But, I do have them making their 9th straight NCAA tournament appearance.

Temple Owls - 18-12 (11-7) - The Owls' OOC schedule will overpower them this year and it sucks because this is Fran Dunphy's final year as Owls' head coach. Right before their conference schedule begins, Temple faces off against Villanova, defending champions, Missouri and Davidson. If they start their conference schedule like they did last year, that is 6 losses in 8 games. That's season killing, especially starting 0-4 in conference play.

Memphis Tigers - 16-13 (10-8) - Penny Hardaway begins his coaching tenure at Memphis this year. They are taking part in the Advocare Invitational this year, which consists of teams like Florida State, Villanova and LSU. The OOF schedule will dominate the Tigers' season and put a damper on Penny's first season as coach, but this program will get batter in the future. Just won't happen this year.

SMU Mustangs - 17-12 (9-9) - 2 years ago, SMU was at the top of the AAC and was a Top 15 team as seasons end. Last year, they end the season losing 9 of their last 11 games. This year, they are the victim of the Knights getting better and playing the tougher conference teams twice this year. SMU should focus on recruiting as this doesn't seem to be a short slump for this program.

Connecticut Huskies - 17-13 (9-9) - It's hard to remember that just 5 short years ago, this program won the National Championship as a 7 seed! Since then, their best season was in 2015-16 when they went to the 2nd round of the tournament. Last year was bad. Very bad. First sub-.500 season since Jim Calhoun's first year in the 86-87 season. But, UConn has a new coach in Dan Hurley, coming from Rhode Island. I don't think UConn is as bad as they showed last year, but it's a learning year with a new coach. 9-9 in conference play is probably the best case scenario.

Tulane Green Wave - 13-14 (5-13) - The Green Wave lost their best player in Melvin Frazier to the draft and they have a rough start to the season with games against Florida State and South Dakota State. Last year was their best conference record since 14-15. I don't expect MUCH improvement as Tulane, by default, it no better than the 7th or 8th team in the conference.

Tulsa Golden Hurricane - 12-18 (5-13) - A tough OOC schedule and the resurgence of the Knights and Shockers spell doom for the Golden Hurricanes this season. They play Houston, Cincinnati and Wichita State twice this year. There's 6 conference losses right there.

South Florida Bulls - 10-21 (4-14) - USF is just not in a good place right now. 4 coaches in 6 years, since joining the AAC in 13-14, no winning season whatsoever and the most conference wins they've had since joining the AAC is 4. USF has a long season ahead of them.

East Carolina Pirates - 8-22 (3-15) - Joe Dooley comes back to coach at ECU after being gone for 20 years. Back then, the best season the Pirates had was a 17-10 season. This isn't that Pirates team. This is a Pirates team that has been declining since joining the AAC and hasn't had a winning conference record since 12-13. I do think, however, Dooley is a step in the right direction and ECU will take steps to improve, but they have to go through the bad to get to the good.

AAC Conference Tournament:

#8 Connecticut
vs. #9 Tulane
#5 Temple vs. #12 East Carolina
#7 SMU vs. #10 Tulsa
#6 Memphis vs. #11 USF

#1 Wichita State vs. #8 Connecticut
#4 Cincinnati vs. #5 Temple
#2 UCF vs. #7 SMU
#3 Houston vs. #6 Memphis

#1 Wichita State vs. #4 Cincinnati
#2 UCF
vs. #3 Houston

#2 UCF vs. #4 Cincinnati

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAC Predictions:

Wichita State Shockers - 25-4 (16-2) - The Shockers have been one of those teams that are tough to beat since 2011. They declined last year, which was their first year in the AAC. Gregg Marshall has done a great job with this program. Last year, they finished tied for 2nd in the conference, entered the NCAA tournament as a 10 seed and made it to the 2nd round. I see them continuing their success and winning the AAC Regular Season title

UCF Knights - 22-5 (13-4) - As long as the Knights can stay healthy, they should be a heavy favorite to win the AAC title this year. They have a fairly easy out of conference schedule and as long as they stay healthy, the Knights should make the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2005.

Houston Cougars - 21-9 (12-6) - Houston had a bounce back year last year, finishing the year as the 21st best team in the country and made it to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament, almost upsetting the Championship Runner-Up Michigan Wolverines. They entered conference play as a 10-2 team and their OOC schedule is just as easy as last year. I think UCF being more competitive brings Houston down a notch, not too far down, but low enough to knock them from the NCAA tournament.

Cincinnati Bearcats - 20-10 (11-7) - The Bearcats had a stellar season last year, not only winning the AAC regular season title, but the conference tournament title and won the Cayman Islands Classic. They were a 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament, but was upset by Nevada in the 2nd round. Their court has been renovated, but Jacob Evans, star guard, was lost to the NBA Draft this year. Jarron Cumberland has been named for various preseason conference awards, but I feel like a year like the Bearcats had last year doesn't come often and doesn't happen 2 years in a row. But, I do have them making their 9th straight NCAA tournament appearance.

Temple Owls - 18-12 (11-7) - The Owls' OOC schedule will overpower them this year and it sucks because this is Fran Dunphy's final year as Owls' head coach. Right before their conference schedule begins, Temple faces off against Villanova, defending champions, Missouri and Davidson. If they start their conference schedule like they did last year, that is 6 losses in 8 games. That's season killing, especially starting 0-4 in conference play.

Memphis Tigers - 16-13 (10-8) - Penny Hardaway begins his coaching tenure at Memphis this year. They are taking part in the Advocare Invitational this year, which consists of teams like Florida State, Villanova and LSU. The OOF schedule will dominate the Tigers' season and put a damper on Penny's first season as coach, but this program will get batter in the future. Just won't happen this year.

SMU Mustangs - 17-12 (9-9) - 2 years ago, SMU was at the top of the AAC and was a Top 15 team as seasons end. Last year, they end the season losing 9 of their last 11 games. This year, they are the victim of the Knights getting better and playing the tougher conference teams twice this year. SMU should focus on recruiting as this doesn't seem to be a short slump for this program.

Connecticut Huskies - 17-13 (9-9) - It's hard to remember that just 5 short years ago, this program won the National Championship as a 7 seed! Since then, their best season was in 2015-16 when they went to the 2nd round of the tournament. Last year was bad. Very bad. First sub-.500 season since Jim Calhoun's first year in the 86-87 season. But, UConn has a new coach in Dan Hurley, coming from Rhode Island. I don't think UConn is as bad as they showed last year, but it's a learning year with a new coach. 9-9 in conference play is probably the best case scenario.

Tulane Green Wave - 13-14 (5-13) - The Green Wave lost their best player in Melvin Frazier to the draft and they have a rough start to the season with games against Florida State and South Dakota State. Last year was their best conference record since 14-15. I don't expect MUCH improvement as Tulane, by default, it no better than the 7th or 8th team in the conference.

Tulsa Golden Hurricane - 12-18 (5-13) - A tough OOC schedule and the resurgence of the Knights and Shockers spell doom for the Golden Hurricanes this season. They play Houston, Cincinnati and Wichita State twice this year. There's 6 conference losses right there.

South Florida Bulls - 10-21 (4-14) - USF is just not in a good place right now. 4 coaches in 6 years, since joining the AAC in 13-14, no winning season whatsoever and the most conference wins they've had since joining the AAC is 4. USF has a long season ahead of them.

East Carolina Pirates - 8-22 (3-15) - Joe Dooley comes back to coach at ECU after being gone for 20 years. Back then, the best season the Pirates had was a 17-10 season. This isn't that Pirates team. This is a Pirates team that has been declining since joining the AAC and hasn't had a winning conference record since 12-13. I do think, however, Dooley is a step in the right direction and ECU will take steps to improve, but they have to go through the bad to get to the good.

AAC Conference Tournament:

#8 Connecticut
vs. #9 Tulane
#5 Temple vs. #12 East Carolina
#7 SMU vs. #10 Tulsa
#6 Memphis vs. #11 USF

#1 Wichita State vs. #8 Connecticut
#4 Cincinnati vs. #5 Temple
#2 UCF vs. #7 SMU
#3 Houston vs. #6 Memphis

#1 Wichita State vs. #4 Cincinnati
#2 UCF
vs. #3 Houston

#2 UCF vs. #4 Cincinnati

That Wichita State prediction seems crazy to me considering they lost Shamet, Frankamp, Reaves and Morris. They didn't even have that record with all those guys last year. I think they'll lose more than 4 games just OOC. They play Providence, Davidson(Charleston Classic), Baylor, OU, and at VCU. If they beat Davidson (I don't think they will) they play Purdue most likely. Hell they might have 4 losses before November ends.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Wichita State wasn't a 10 seed last year. They lost in the 1st round to Marshall as a 4 seed.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Wichita State wasn't a 10 seed last year. They lost in the 1st round to Marshall as a 4 seed.

Yeah I got my years mixed up. 2016-17 they were a 10 seed.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlantic 10 Predictions:

St. Bonaventure Bonnies - 22-7 (15-3)
Davidson Wildcats - 21-8 (15-3)
Rhode Island Rams - 22-6 (14-4)
VCU Rams - 22-8 (14-4)
Dayton Flyers - 21-8 (13-5)
Saint Josephs Hawks - 17-11 (12-6)
George Mason Patriots - 17-13 (9-9)
George Washington Colonials - 14-16 (7-11)
La Salle Explorers - 11-16 (7-11)
Fordham Rams - 9-22 (6-12)
Duquesne Dukes - 9-22 (4-14)
Richmond Spiders - 10-20 (3-15)
Saint Louis Billikens - 10-21 (3-15)
Massachusetts Minutemen - 6-24 (2-16)

Atlantic 10 Tournament:

#12 Richmond
vs. #13 Saint Louis
#11 Duquesne vs. #14 Massachusetts

#8 George Washington vs. #9 La Salle
#5 Dayton
vs. #12 Richmond
#7 George Mason vs. #10 Fordham
#6 Saint Josephs vs. #11 Duquesne

#1 St. Bonaventure vs. #9 La Salle
#4 VCU vs. #5 Dayton
#2 Davidson vs. #7 George Mason
#3 Rhode Island vs. #6 Saint Josephs

#1 St. Bonaventure vs. #4 VCU
#2 Davidson vs. #6 Saint Josephs

#1 St. Bonaventure
vs. #6 Saint Josephs

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stunned that you can even keep track of all these records

I've done preseason football predictions and that was hard enough, basketball is like triple the teams and triple the games for each team

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stunned that you can even keep track of all these records

I've done preseason football predictions and that was hard enough, basketball is like triple the teams and triple the games for each team

I minored in Statistics in College. I am such a nerd for this kinda shit lol

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I minored in Statistics in College. I am such a nerd for this kinda shit lol

Cool stuff lol

I enjoy messing with stats too, but 300 something teams would be too much lol