• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st and 2nd round draft picks

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo:With the Redskins losing last night to the Vikings, I saw a prediction afterwards on NFL about where the Redskins end in record. We are over half way now and they have the Redskins at 5-11 after the season. We don't know where the Rams finish but it won't be muck better than that, so we could see 2 picks in the first 12 or so. Then with a top 10 pick in the 2nd, where do we go. This thread will always adjust depending on how the two teams do and how the college rank kids do to finish the season. Let start a thread that we can take up to the draft. What do you think? I will study the climate of our team and needs and respond this afternoon.:nod:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to say it, but the Rams may need to seriously consider a QB with one of those 1st round picks.

Let's face it. The Rams don't yet know what they have in Bradford and that was before his ACL tear which further clouds the situation. He has been very inconsistent even with all the talent they have surrounded him with.

Now, part of that is the OC, but not all of it. I'd say its 50/50 at least if not more so on Bradford. His defensive recognition is terrible most of the time and he misses some of the easiest throws there are to make. This guy is more Jekyll and Hyde than Jekyll and Hyde were. One game he looks like the franchise QB the Rams thought they were drafting and then the next game the guy appears to not have a clue.

This team is still very young and I think this may be the time to cut bait and start fresh at QB and let the whole team develop together. At this point, Bradford doesn't even look like he'll pull an Alex Smith.

As for the other pick, it really depends on what position it is and who is available. They could go OL or S or trade the pick for a later 1st and additional 2nd or 3rd.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I am reading, we will have picks #9 and #11 in the first round and #43 in round 2. Based on that I think we focus on Cyrus Kouandjio at #9 and Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans at #11.
As for the 2nd round pick, I think a run stuffing DT is the way to go there. Someone like Anthony Johnson from LSU or DaQuan Jones from Penn St.
From there, I think 3rd round we look at Safety, 4th round we look at OLB or CB (a kid from Lindenwood, Pierre Desir, is projected as a 4th rounder..6'1" 205 CB)
5th round look at interior O line like Gabe Ikard from OU. 6th round another Safety like Ty Zimmerman from KSU
This is where we might find the steal of the draft. In the 7th round I think THIS is where we look for a QB, and I have one in mind. His name? Logan Thomas from Virginia Tech. As good an athlete as Josh Freeman is with 3X the brain power. And his stock is dropping because that is what his recievers are doing..at worst, Bradford redoes his deal and we have a young backup. If we let Bradford go, I think he would do a great job.
With the 2nd 7th rounder, I say go after more secondary depth. Dion Bailey from USC.. he and TJ know each other well...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to see how things shake out. Top 4 picks will likely be Bridgewater, Clowney, Matthews and Barr so those guys are likely out of reach. If anyone sneaks up into that group, itll be any QB that impresses (Johnny Football going top 3 wouldn't be shocking) at the combine.

CBS has Marquise Lee at 16 on their board which is a really high calibur prospect so the Rams should stay put and pick the 2 best guys available.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquis Lee is good. I like him. You all know who I like at WR.

I don't know about taking a DT in the 1st.

People.... I said this last year, we have struggled in the red zone for YEARS. Let beef up our offense! WR, another RB, and more talent on the Oline. IF a really good QB is there, yes we should take him too. If they want to keep Bradford, let the competition begin. Always good to have someone pushing you.

Question: we waited to see Zac Stacy. Who wants to see more of Stedman Bailey? And Austin Davis?

I know I do.

2nd round? Way to far away to predict that. Right now, it's hard to predict the first 15 picks.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but our defense sucks x-z

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is the only thing keeping us in games, along with Greg Z. And it's been like that for years. Our offense has struggled for years. Sure our D was torched against Dallas and ATL, but other than those games... Why do I even waste my time..

My God what are some of you smoking? I could use some.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*points to last week*

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look every time we won a game this season the defense gave up about 19 points a game. when they lose it jumps up to 28 ppg and even 31 if we throw out the seattle game. If our defense is our strong point then it needs to prove it and get back down to under 20 points per game. Otherwise, I think we need to draft another SEC defense stud

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wants to see more of Stedman Bailey? And Austin Davis?

I know I do.
Fully agreed. Imo last year was the year to get DT in the first round. I thought Star Lotuleilei was the top player in last year's draft and we sailed right by him to take the top WR prospect. Almost all of the top picks this year will likely be QBs, pass rushers, OTs and WRs.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'd like to see Stedman Bailey more often especially in a package when he is there with Austin just like they did at West Virginia. I guarantee you both will play better and maybe even Austin will stop thinking too much and actually play ball like he is capable.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also love to see more packages with Austin and Bailey on the field together..they sure made Geno look REALLY good. :agree:

As for my previous post on draft position, I think after watching Logan Thomas yesterday, I see the reasons he dropped so badly. So I am off the LT bandwagon.

I am gonna put 7 rounds together like this:

#9 Cyrus Kouandjio OT Bama (put him and Jones together on the line and watch it grow)
#13 Sammy Watkins WR Clemson OR Mike Evans WR TAMU
2nd Trade down, get an extra 5th rounder and select Craig Loston S LSU
3rd Timmy Jernigan DT FSU
4th Derek Carr QB Fresno St
5th Pierre Desir S/CB Lindenwood University
5th Gabe Ikard OG Oklahoma
6th Jonathan Brown OLB Illinois
7th Dion Bailey S USC
7th Damian Williams RB Oklahoma

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also love to see more packages with Austin and Bailey on the field together..they sure made Geno look REALLY good. :agree:

As for my previous post on draft position, I think after watching Logan Thomas yesterday, I see the reasons he dropped so badly. So I am off the LT bandwagon.

I am gonna put 7 rounds together like this:

#9 Cyrus Kouandjio OT Bama (put him and Jones together on the line and watch it grow)
#13 Sammy Watkins WR Clemson OR Mike Evans WR TAMU
2nd Trade down, get an extra 5th rounder and select Craig Loston S LSU
3rd Timmy Jernigan DT FSU
4th Derek Carr QB Fresno St
5th Pierre Desir S/CB Lindenwood University
5th Gabe Ikard OG Oklahoma
6th Jonathan Brown OLB Illinois
7th Dion Bailey S USC
7th Damian Williams RB Oklahoma

Yeah, there's no way Carr is lasting until the 4th round. He's going in the 1st round.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's no way Carr is lasting until the 4th round. He's going in the 1st round.

Not according to about 75-80% of all mock drafts I have looked at. Carr is rated lower than Marriota,Bridgeway,Boyd,McCarron,Murray,Mettenberger and Manziel and there is no way in hell 8 QB's will be chosen in the first round. Maybe we need to go get him in the 3rd but I think that is about right.

But alas, my point is that the 3rd or 4th round is where we should look at QB. When we choose in round 3, I would expect Murray,Mettenburger,Carr,Fales and Morris to all be available.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look every time we won a game this season the defense gave up about 19 points a game. when they lose it jumps up to 28 ppg and even 31 if we throw out the seattle game. If our defense is our strong point then it needs to prove it and get back down to under 20 points per game. Otherwise, I think we need to draft another SEC defense stud

I agree our defense hasn't been as good this year as it was last year, but they are not giving up as many points as you think. we have had 3 Bradford interceptions returned for TD's which goes against our defense even though they had nothing to do with it. They have also given up some points on very short drives because our offense put the other team in very good field position.
Now Im not saying that our defense hasn't just plan sucked in a few games, but overall they haven't played bad, just not as good as they did last year, and with the addition and subtraction of some players, you would think that we would be doing better, I think a lot of it falls on our so called DC.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not according to about 75-80% of all mock drafts I have looked at. Carr is rated lower than Marriota,Bridgeway,Boyd,McCarron,Murray,Mettenberger and Manziel and there is no way in hell 8 QB's will be chosen in the first round. Maybe we need to go get him in the 3rd but I think that is about right.

But alas, my point is that the 3rd or 4th round is where we should look at QB. When we choose in round 3, I would expect Murray,Mettenburger,Carr,Fales and Morris to all be available.

You must be reading old mock drafts then. CBS projects him between 1-2, with Rang having him go #8 to the Titans. Walter football has him going #17 to Arizona. He's starting to shoot up everyone's draft board and when scouts get to interview him at the combine, they'll see how mature he is and that he is a natural leader and will be a great QB in the NFL.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to argue that our D hasn't been solid the past 4-5 games?

I'd say they are doing ok.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to argue that our D hasn't been solid the past 4-5 games?

I'd say they are doing ok.

The Defense played great today, but overall they haven't played that well this season. They are certainly not the force they were last season, but let's hope today is a good sign of things to come.

I certainly didn't expect this kind of result today from the Rams and I'm glad I was wrong.

It's amazing what can happen when the coaches remember they have Tavon Austin on the team. They've virtually wasted him this season until today. Hopefully this is another good sign as well.

Great win today by our Rams.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silas our D started off bad, but has gotten better and is just as good as it was last year If not Better. Look at the past few games and the opponents we have played.

If you look at stats sure maybe they are not as good as last year because of the early blowouts. But the past few weeks have been clinics.

Our front 4 maybe one of the best in football. The rest of our team is Jekyll and Hyde/ young.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Tavon played his usual few plays. Lol. It's was just Clemens finding him. They got him involved early and that's what you have to do with any WR.

How plays did Tavon get on the field for? What's His average?

I'm curious