• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1990 - 2015 NFL Draft : CHAT

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a different game today than it was 10 years ago. Smith had a season where he lead the league in yards, receptions and yards per catch. Beckham is great and makes some spectacular catches, but I also saw a wide open TD clank off his hands last week and saw him piss on his team last week with his antics and maybe cost his team the playoffs with a suspension

I dont think its different enough for me to put them together. And Smith got into it with other players just about every week lol. Who cares? Granted he didnt ever spear a guy in the helmet lol but Im gonna assume we dont really have to account for things like that otherwise we could just pull any weird ass excuse out to support our cases. And I can also guarantee Smith has dropped a TD once or twice in his career.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its different enough for me to put them together. And Smith got into it with other players just about every week lol. Who cares? Granted he didnt ever spear a guy in the helmet lol but Im gonna assume we dont really have to account for things like that otherwise we could just pull any weird ass excuse out to support our cases. And I can also guarantee Smith has dropped a TD once or twice in his career.
Eh, I've seen OB light up my Cowboys, but I still don't look at him and go, Wow, one of the best ever.. not at all. Maybe someday

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I've seen OB light up my Cowboys, but I still don't look at him and go, Wow, one of the best ever.. not at all. Maybe someday

Well I'm a lot younger than you I think so this definitely has something to do with it, but when I watch him play -ignoring stats and just watching him - I can name the people I've seen who are more impressive WRs on one hand.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not the point though. Theoretically in these mocks Im putting my best guys against your best guys in 1 game and seeing who's better. And Im assuming we get these people at their peak. And theres no way in hell Im taking Steve Smith at his peak over Beckham at his peak regardless if Beckham tears every ligament in his body tomorrow morning or not.

It actually is the point, if we are paying so much attention to peak then Brady Anderson should be a top 25 pick in every baseball draft we do. Beckham has been great for 25 games but i'm not ready to move him into the top 5 all time just yet.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm a lot younger than you I think so this definitely has something to do with it, but when I watch him play -ignoring stats and just watching him - I can name the people I've seen who are more impressive WRs on one hand.
I'm not knocking the guy, believe me, I think he is top 5 today, certainly not all time IMO though

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually is the point, if we are paying so much attention to peak then Brady Anderson should be a top 25 pick in every baseball draft we do. Beckham has been great for 25 games but i'm not ready to move him into the top 5 all time just yet.

Eh I disagree. I think between stats and watching players, you can do a lot to determine if that peak is legit or not. But to each his own.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not knocking the guy, believe me, I think he is top 5 today, certainly not all time IMO though

Agreed, he's been very very good but IMO it's foolish to even think about talking all time great with him. If I was 20 years old and hadn't seen most of the greats play I might feel differently.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh I know. And I figured when I picked him it might hurt me but I tend to go with what I think is my best option over trying to get a team that'll win votes. (Not that I'm judging if anybody does do that). And we're all gonna disagree on players, otherwise there's no point to this lol.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I disagree. I think between stats and watching players, you can do a lot to determine if that peak is legit or not. But to each his own.

As long as we can agree that's your opinion I have zero problem with you saying that.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know. And I figured when I picked him it might hurt me but I tend to go with what I think is my best option over trying to get a team that'll win votes. (Not that I'm judging if anybody does do that). And we're all gonna disagree on players, otherwise there's no point to this lol.

Maybe the smartest thing that's ever been posted in the mock draft forum.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted ehb. He is OTC till 1.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odel better then Calvin wow!!! Now Odel is good but he lacks what others have which is time played. I believe the same can be said about Sean Taylor in these drafts. He was a great player but know one will ever know unfortunately what he would have done the next 10yrs. Would he have gotten worse, got injured and his career never gained steem. People in these drafts like a proven thing over time not just 3yrs of playing time. I think there are lots of guys better then Odel from 1990-present time because they have shown what they can do over several years. I have Fitzgerald and I believe he is a better player then Odel because he has played longer and has done well for many years. Now in 10yrs I bet Odel will easily be a better player then Fitz and many guys in this draft but we just know yet on what the future holds. I understand your point that we should be voting on bests players now and not judging on the uncertain future but just stating that some guys like proven vets over guys just starting in this league.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odel better then Calvin wow!!! Now Odel is good but he lacks what others have which is time played. I believe the same can be said about Sean Taylor in these drafts. He was a great player but know one will ever know unfortunately what he would have done the next 10yrs. Would he have gotten worse, got injured and his career never gained steem. People in these drafts like a proven thing over time not just 3yrs of playing time. I think there are lots of guys better then Odel from 1990-present time because they have shown what they can do over several years. I have Fitzgerald and I believe he is a better player then Odel because he has played longer and has done well for many years. Now in 10yrs I bet Odel will easily be a better player then Fitz and many guys in this draft but we just know yet on what the future holds. I understand your point that we should be voting on bests players now and not judging on the uncertain future but just stating that some guys like proven vets over guys just starting in this league.
The thing that's hard for me in just going by numbers for OB, is that I can only imagine what kind of numbers Rice, Irvin, Brown, Carter, and all the greats before them might have had in today's flag football. Take Irvin, one on my favorites for example. If a DB couldn't touch him after 5 yards, and safeties weren't allowed to lower the boom, he would have been completely unstoppable

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that's hard for me in just going by numbers for OB, is that I can only imagine what kind of numbers Rice, Irvin, Brown, Carter, and all the greats before them might have had in today's flag football. Take Irvin, one on my favorites for example. If a DB couldn't touch him after 5 yards, and safeties weren't allowed to lower the boom, he would have been completely unstoppable

Sean Taylor, Ronnie Lott, hell lots of guys wouldn't have done will in today's flag football game. My god they would be ejected after the first play of the game. I loved Taylor so much because he loved to just hit the guy so hard in the first qtr and he didn't care if it was after the wistle or the guy was out of bounds. He did it to scare the guy from catching the ball and it worked brilliantly. Guys refused to go after the ball if it was thrown in Taylor's direction.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean I get that but I just don't agree.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3