• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

19 left

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and then this season is "officially" over. Looks like either 4th or 5th pick, but what do you draft? Must improve the D and goal scoring, it's that simple. But is anything out there? This draft looks light. Free agents? Maybe. Is Franzen and Cleary still getting paychecks? As Donny would say, SAD. & check the phones.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and then this season is "officially" over. Looks like either 4th or 5th pick, but what do you draft? Must improve the D and goal scoring, it's that simple. But is anything out there? This draft looks light. Free agents? Maybe. Is Franzen and Cleary still getting paychecks? As Donny would say, SAD. & check the phones.

They sure are getting paychecks... and neither are playing, even though Cleary's contract is for the Griffins. This draft was a shitty draft to tank for. They better hope to find some diamonds in the rough or break the bank for a few free agents. Either Holland was stubborn during the trade deadline or nobody wanted our young talent that can't score a damn goal...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think by improving the D, you improve scoring too. If we get some reliable puck movers capable of clearing the defensive zone, we will get more quality scoring chances.

Look how the Blue Jackets turned their team around from last year. They don't have any superstar forwards on their team. They actually traded their biggest "star" forward (Johansen) for a solid young defenseman (Jones) and drafted a top defenseman (Werenski). They get a hefty chunk of their goals generated from quick crisp D-zone exits.

I think the Wings should go with the top rated defenseman in the draft. If they happen to win the lottery, maybe trade down a few spots, pick up a #1 next year and still draft a top rated defenseman.

I hope they stay away from UFAs. The only UFA defenseman I'd want on my team is Shattenkirk and he's probably going to be looking for a 7 year $50M deal. No thanks. We gotta keep UFA costs down and terms short at least until Green's contract is off the books after next year.

The only ways to get a quality defenseman at a reasonable price in today's NHL is to draft one or make a bold trade for one. The Ducks have had Cam Fowler on the block for over a year now; maybe an offseason trade for the Windsor native could be negotiated.