• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

15 QBs Better Than Kaepernick

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,571.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Kaepernick would be the 49ers starting QB if Mike Holmgren is hired as the head coach.

Good question... I can't see that being the case... Kaep is not a very accurate QB... You have to be accurate to run Holmgren's offense... Kaep really struggles with the short stuff...

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question... I can't see that being the case... Kaep is not a very accurate QB... You have to be accurate to run Holmgren's offense... Kaep really struggles with the short stuff...

I hate that I'm defending Kaep on this, but several of his receivers acted like their hands were allergic to footballs this season. I don't know if it's because he's throwing too hard or what, but Boldin and Davis were particularly dropsy this season.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,571.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that I'm defending Kaep on this, but several of his receivers acted like their hands were allergic to footballs this season. I don't know if it's because he's throwing too hard or what, but Boldin and Davis were particularly dropsy this season.

He doesn't have touch... Trent Dilfer showed this a few weeks ago... He often focuses too much on his first option and then tries to throw it very hard each time to the receiver whether he's open or not... If he's not open, he doesn't know how to go through progressions...... He doesn't have any touch - which is a huge problem imo... ... It was a very interesting analysis from Dilfer... I'll see if I can find it...

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have touch... Trent Dilfer showed this a few weeks ago... He often focuses too much on his first option and then tries to throw it very hard each time to the receiver whether he's open or not... If he's not open, he doesn't know how to go through progressions...... He doesn't have any touch - which is a huge problem imo... ... It was a very interesting analysis from Dilfer... I'll see if I can find it...

If your dropping passes 15-20 yards downfield that's on you that's not because the pass is to hard. He does throw the short passes to hard tho.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to go against the grain again, but I am also a Kaep defender. He definitely had his worst of his 3 (well, 2.5 years) by a decent amount. With that said, the offense around him was also terrible. The O-line was a mess, the team abandoned the run way to often, playcalling was crap, and receivers and VD were a real letdown. Sure, Kaep's not an elite QB that is going to succeed despite those factors, but everything seemed to work against him and the 9ers this season. I might be in the minority here, but I honestly think with the right gameplan and offense he can be a top 10 QB (although lower top 10).

The fact that he had his worst year by far, and we are arguing if he is in the top half of QB's, for a young QB, is sort of telling as well. With that said, if 2015 is a repeat of 2014, I will admit I was wrong about Kaep and admit he may be a limited QB.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told by the biggest niner homer to ever live, that there's "no way" you can name 10-15 QBs better than kaepernik! This is my list of QBs i would pick over kap...

Brady
P.Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Big Ben
Wilson
E.Manning
Romo
Luck
Flacco
Stafford
Ryan
Rivers
Palmer
Dalton
Newton

How many QBs on this list, would you guys trade for kap?

I'd take Palmer off that list.

I would add Gabbert, Tannehill, Carr, Cutler, Foles, Sanchez, and Alex Smith.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to go against the grain again, but I am also a Kaep defender. He definitely had his worst of his 3 (well, 2.5) years by a decent amount. With that said, the offense around him was also terrible. The O-line was a mess, the team abandoned the run way to often, playcalling was crap, and receivers and VD were a real letdown (other than Boldin, they never seemed to get open, if you ever watch the endzone all 22 angle). Sure, Kaep's not an elite QB like Roders or Ben that is going to succeed despite those factors, but everything seemed to work against him and the 9ers this season. I might be in the minority here, but I honestly think with the right gameplan and offense he can be a top 10 QB next season (although lower top 10).

Lets also realize we are debating weather or not he is in the top half of the league in QB's, after his worst year, as a young QB. With that said, if 2015 is a repeat of 2014, I will admit I was wrong about Kaep and admit he may be a limited QB.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to go against the grain again, but I am also a Kaep defender. He definitely had his worst of his 3 (well, 2.5 years) by a decent amount. With that said, the offense around him was also terrible. The O-line was a mess, the team abandoned the run way to often, playcalling was crap, and receivers and VD were a real letdown. Sure, Kaep's not an elite QB that is going to succeed despite those factors, but everything seemed to work against him and the 9ers this season. I might be in the minority here, but I honestly think with the right gameplan and offense he can be a top 10 QB (although lower top 10).

Lets realize we are arguing weather a young QB is in the top half of the league after his worst year-. With that said, if 2015 is a repeat of 2014, I will admit I was wrong about Kaep and admit he may be a limited QB.

We got you the first 2 times:yahoo:

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'd take Cutler over Tebow
I would take your grandma over Tebow. She might not be able to throw over 5 yards but maybe the defense would show enough respect to not hit an old woman.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I would take Bridgewater over Kaep

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also would take Bridgewater over him. I like Teddy, I wish we could have grabbed him to learn at the feet of Jedi Romo.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Cutler, Sanchez and Tannehill.

Newton & Dalton are not better than Kaepernick though.

You're right! , i would definitely take sanchez and tannehill. I was surprised to hear tannehill went over 4000 yards passing without any elite weapons on offense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over Kap?

Ben
Brady
Luck
Bortles
Manning
Rivers
Romo
Manning
Cutler
Stafford
Rodgers
Ryan
Newton
Brees
Palmer
Bradford
Wilson
Tannehill

So...18 I like better right now.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, im assuming most of you think, Bengals and Cardinals defense is the only reason why they're play off teams? If Palmer was playing, Panthers wouldnt be picked to move on to round two and they would be considered threats to knock off the Champs...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you want me to list 15 QBs better than Kaep?

Which conference?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From this list...I'd take Kaep over Dalton....you can rely on his arm more, but Dalton is going to make a key mistake in the big games and he won't make the plays recover from it.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch me.

I actually gave u on him after the delay-of-game penalty on 3rd & 1 against Seattle in the NFCCG Last year (with 3 time outs). He's a moron. If the 49ers bring him back next year they're literally insane. Marching out the same numbskull & expecting better results.

Sickness, I disagreed and argued with you back when Alex was traded. I thought Kaep was gonna be the man. Turns out I was wrong and not sure WHY Niners fans are still HOPING he's back?!

Here's what I proposed. I think St. Louis waives Bradford, he's gonna take something like $16-17 million against cap next year, what about taking a shot on him. Give him a short contract and load with incentives.

I know he hasn't played much due to injury, but I still think he's far better than Kaep. At the very least, bring someone in to compete with him. He's not getting ANY better and with NO competition for his job, won't get any better.

Thoughts??