• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

14 pt dogs to KSU

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another double digit spread.

Historic...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the road...I am giving the points in this one..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is our Wofford?

Our WKU?

Our Rhode Island?

Our “cupcake” like everyone else has been having?

We already had our JMU already....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Later today, I'll have to go to wvustats.com to look up some history. If KSU wipes us off the turf Saturday, we may be reaching a new low for WVU football when it comes to double digit losses.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the brief love affair we have had with HCNB is fading. The Dana lovers seem to be the first to jump on the bandwagon. These seem to be the same guys who wanted Stew out after consecutive 8 win seasons. You got your wish and were rewarded with several years of under preforming teams, no conference championships, no playoff appearances and more bowl losses than wins. Truthfully, I think the fanbase tanked Stew. From day 1 there were the naysayers. I think the perception that Stew was a bad coach affected recruiting. It is a self fulfilling prophesy; people say you suck, other people believe it, recruits don't want to go to a school with a coach who sucks. Coach ends up with a record that sucks because he cant get good enough players to be good. If you are truly a fan and want to team to be good, why post negative perceptions. For those of you who complained that Lyons hurt recruiting by not giving Holgs an extension years ago, how do you think the fans putting HCNB on the hot seat affects recruiting?

I agree that we have not seen much team improvement over the season, however, if you notice closely, there has been much individual improvement for many players but many Freshman mistakes. This team sucks, were told that the team would suck long before the season started. HCNB has delivered on promise #1...we suck. No surprise here. This is a team building for the future, not next Saturday.

Two years ago Baylor sucked worse than we do this year. While they started with a worse situation than we have, they played a bunch of underclassmen who were unprepared to play, took their blows and in year three they are undefeated. Don Nehlen was great as sacrificing a season or two for the future. Major Harris playing as a Freshman was terrible, and notable he had many underclassmen playing with him. by his Junior year, this young group turned into a very good team and gave us our first undefeated regular season. A few years later, Don did it again. A formula for success at a smaller school who does not attract the big time recruits is to stock up on young players give them experience so by the time they are Juniors and Seniors they can compete with higher ranked recruits.

For me, I will sit in the stands through the fourth quarter, have a couple of beers and enjoy the game with friends. I find myself concentrating on watching individual players during the game. I have been really impressed with McKivits who takes out a defensive player every snap. Guzman is fun to watch and I look forward to watching more of D.O.G at the QB spot. the Stills brothers are also fun to watch individually.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you’re thinking he should have scheduled Fairmount State?

Should be scheduling a FCS tomato can this time of year yes. Works for Clemson, VT, as well as others. All the Big12 schools should imo.

We (the Big12) were sold a false bill of goods by the playoff committee a few years ago. They said SOS would be very important so some programs started scheduling tougher OOC teams but now we see.... bad move, we should be scheduling 2 cupcakes 1 early and another down the stretch imo) and a regional rival (Pitt/VT/Maryland ect)

Last edited:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the brief love affair we have had with HCNB is fading. The Dana lovers seem to be the first to jump on the bandwagon. These seem to be the same guys who wanted Stew out after consecutive 8 win seasons. You got your wish and were rewarded with several years of under preforming teams, no conference championships, no playoff appearances and more bowl losses than wins. Truthfully, I think the fanbase tanked Stew. From day 1 there were the naysayers. I think the perception that Stew was a bad coach affected recruiting. It is a self fulfilling prophesy; people say you suck, other people believe it, recruits don't want to go to a school with a coach who sucks. Coach ends up with a record that sucks because he cant get good enough players to be good. If you are truly a fan and want to team to be good, why post negative perceptions. For those of you who complained that Lyons hurt recruiting by not giving Holgs an extension years ago, how do you think the fans putting HCNB on the hot seat affects recruiting?

I agree that we have not seen much team improvement over the season, however, if you notice closely, there has been much individual improvement for many players but many Freshman mistakes. This team sucks, were told that the team would suck long before the season started. HCNB has delivered on promise #1...we suck. No surprise here. This is a team building for the future, not next Saturday.

Two years ago Baylor sucked worse than we do this year. While they started with a worse situation than we have, they played a bunch of underclassmen who were unprepared to play, took their blows and in year three they are undefeated. Don Nehlen was great as sacrificing a season or two for the future. Major Harris playing as a Freshman was terrible, and notable he had many underclassmen playing with him. by his Junior year, this young group turned into a very good team and gave us our first undefeated regular season. A few years later, Don did it again. A formula for success at a smaller school who does not attract the big time recruits is to stock up on young players give them experience so by the time they are Juniors and Seniors they can compete with higher ranked recruits.

For me, I will sit in the stands through the fourth quarter, have a couple of beers and enjoy the game with friends. I find myself concentrating on watching individual players during the game. I have been really impressed with McKivits who takes out a defensive player every snap. Guzman is fun to watch and I look forward to watching more of D.O.G at the QB spot. the Stills brothers are also fun to watch individually.
Sure, we all knew this year would suck, but if you’re attempting to use the Major Harris model, wouldn’t HCNB start a Freshman? Using Major in this example is a stretch.

Most on this board supported fHCBS for some time. But things became stagnant. I recall most said we should have the best HC, money shouldn’t be a barrier, if that HC can’t get us in the spotlight then on to the next coach. All of this with the shit facilities we have but money became an issue, especially for one. Now No Balls is unveiling the next phase of the upgrade for the football program. Wonder whose idea that was but I think we all know.

Stew level of competition was different than fHCDH & HCNB. If we were in C-USA and couldn’t improve from 8-3, then what happened to we should be the best program? Are some writing checks their asses can’t cash? After all, the Stew lovers and the Dana haters got what they wanted. A change in coach, a former HC versus a OC, and guy who is “one of us”. Not sure where being “one of us” ranks in the overall selection of a HC but those who wanted it should be happy.

HCNB is on the clock. Hopefully he’ll right the ship but for now, the ship looks like the Titanic. Maybe in a couple season he’ll have it looking like the Love Boat.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be scheduling a FCS tomato can this time of year yes. Works for Clemson, VT, as well as others. All the Big12 schools should imo.

We (the Big12) were sold a false bill of goods by the playoff committee a few years ago. They said SOS would be very important so some programs started scheduling tougher OOC teams but now we see.... bad move, we should be scheduling 2 cupcakes 1 early and another down the stretch imo) and a regional rival (Pitt/VT/Maryland ect)
We’ve all said that we should be using the SEC model and you would think that the guy, who you think is smart, that came out of the shadows of the ‘Bama program would get this done.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve all said that we should be using the SEC model and you would think that the guy, who you think is smart, that came out of the shadows of the ‘Bama program would get this done.
Oh he IS smart, this garbage was Lucks idea

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of Billy’s strongest supporters until he took his team to UConn and put on a shit show.

I supported Dana because he was the HC of my favorite team.

I support Neal because he is now the HC of my favorite team.

I questioned the coaching of Dana and the outcomes of games. I question Neal’s coaching and the performance of his team this year.

Last week, his team was playing the weakest team on their Big 12 schedule not named KU. A team that had just lost to KU.

And, they got whipped....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lot to unpack here brother!...First Stewart really wasn't a good HC...he was a solid position coach and probably a great mentor..but he wasn't a HC...I really am glad that he got a chance to coach Wv I know it was his lifetime goal...but you have to ask yourself if he really was HC material and other than his epic fail at VMI what school was looking to hire him? At any level of College football even as a Coordinator?.....Stews 8 wins seasons IMHO would have been maybe 4 or 5 in the Big12 by comparison So difference here is HCNB does have the credentials for this job no question.

Plain and simple Lyon's did hurt the recruiting effort with this lame duck approach to Dana basically putting him on a year to year deal...no denying it..

Nehlen...different time..different era ...independent football.....fan expectation..tempered...Beating Pitt or Penn State was like winning the NC any time they pulled it off...I don't think anyone back then thought the program would win a NC...other than one magical year......

The Baylor comparison difficult...yes Briles burned the program to the ground but the School went "all in" and built a state of the art Football Complex and they sit in a location that is one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country which makes it easy to reboot the program...they may not have their pedigree but you can refer to a program like Penn State that was crushed but because of their Alumni, history, money etc...they are back... Wv though catching up in the arms race doesn't check all the boxes and most likely never will...

You refer to HCNB telling everyone we would suck...maybe that's the rub...what HC throws his arms up in the air and says "Can't do anything with this bunch"...These kids are FBS caliber players and no short of 3 star recruits...and he says he can't do anything with them?...Hey Coach! you should have done your homework prior to taking the job...that is what Wv recruits!!...whether they fit his system or not...when I hear a coach throw the towel in the question has to be asked does he not have the ability to coach kids up and get the best our of them as he can....product right now says no...and I think that's what is concerning to me at least..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this would be applicable if the Conference was 12 teams...and at the end fo the day the other schools you mentioned want the same thing..end of the day PITT, VT, Cuse, BC etc do not want to play Wv....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... I went to wvustats.com and found what I was looking for. The '78 season ended 2-9 with 7 double digit losses.

To date, our 5 double digit losses matches the '13... '01 and '86 seasons.

My God...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great win! Although... I have to admit... the last 3 minutes of the game seemed like water torture... I was totally whipped into a frenzy with the last INT!!

Doege is the real deal...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great win! Although... I have to admit... the last 3 minutes of the game seemed like water torture... I was totally whipped into a frenzy with the last INT!!

Doege is the real deal...
His performance yesterday has me scratching my head!!!! Makes me think that Brown knee this year was going to suck regardless, so he put his best QB in the bank for next year.