• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12 team full PPR / got this offer

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trade Cam Akers, Darrell Henderson and Curtis Samuel
for Josh Jacobs, Lockett and the 3.07

Dynasty Trade tool scores it like this:

1614813434980.png

I'm surprised they have Akers as more valuable then Jacobs. I prefer Akers myself but he hasn't put the numbers that Jacobs has. I could use the upgrade from Samuels though. So thoughts?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 266260

I'm surprised they have Akers as more valuable then Jacobs. I prefer Akers myself but he hasn't put the numbers that Jacobs has. I could use the upgrade from Samuels though. So thoughts?
The Raiders refusal to follow through with involving Jacobs more in the passing game, along with the "blah" overall offense led by the "blah-est QB" in the league, even more so than Alex Smith, vs the Rams going all in with Stafford and "Uber genius" McVeigh, and Akers being younger with less miles on him...makes since.

I'd do it, then join me in hoping the Raiders find a way to upgrade Carr

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO this is the type of deal that you forget about the 3 for 3, and just look at the big 2...

If you like akers more than Jacobs then dont do it... if you like Jacobs more, then do it...

I personally like akers more right now because i think he has more value around the league... especially with how he finished the season/playoffs...

I think you can do better than Jacobs in a deal...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 266260

I’ll go with the Jacobs side... but could be talked out of it.

Close as it gets.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the gap between Lockett and Samuel is big enough compared to the gap between Akers and Jacobs that I also pull the trigger here

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no opinion.
Except to say that LAR RB cannot stay healthy. Only Gurley in 2016 made all 16 games. (And that was the only season he did it.) Dont like that track record.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I appreciate the advice. Here's what I decided, I declined his offer but told him to make the 3rd a 2nd and he has a deal. If he declines it's OK because I really like Akers better. If he accepts I have added some pieces and diversified my RBs in leagues. I own zero shares of Jacobs, mostly I guess because he just doesn't appeal but he does OK.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any other pieces make sense here?
scrap Lockett and the 2nd rounder for a better WR maybe?

if you have Akers higher, I'd assume the other manager does too, which is why he's coming for him

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had Lockett in a few leagues and I think he's getting passed in that offense by Metcalf as the primary target. He can have huge games alternated with disappearances. The season numbers will look good, but can be misleading. If they ever get the focus back on the running game, less targets for the WR corps as well.

Akers vs Jacobs is interesting. Akers really came on at the end of the season, but is that due to a lack of tape leading up to those performances? Does Stafford mean a more effective running game, or more passing? Will either team fully lock in with one running back (does anyone these days, other than a couple outliers?).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any other pieces make sense here?
scrap Lockett and the 2nd rounder for a better WR maybe?

if you have Akers higher, I'd assume the other manager does too, which is why he's coming for him
his other WRs are young studs like AJ Brown and Lamb and Shenault and Mims. I think trading Lockett was part of his youth movement.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had Lockett in a few leagues and I think he's getting passed in that offense by Metcalf as the primary target. He can have huge games alternated with disappearances. The season numbers will look good, but can be misleading. If they ever get the focus back on the running game, less targets for the WR corps as well.

Akers vs Jacobs is interesting. Akers really came on at the end of the season, but is that due to a lack of tape leading up to those performances? Does Stafford mean a more effective running game, or more passing? Will either team fully lock in with one running back (does anyone these days, other than a couple outliers?).

I like the way the Rams leaned on Akers near the end of the season and I liked him coming out of college. So he's a player I want to own and see how things go.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that counter is solid. I also prefer Jacobs to Akers at this point. I think their ceilings are close, but Jacobs has a higher floor with no competition, Gruden's style and he is the clear goal line back.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the way the Rams leaned on Akers near the end of the season and I liked him coming out of college. So he's a player I want to own and see how things go.

They want to run their offense through the running game, since so much of McVay's play-calling depends on play action, or at least formations that suggest the run.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw you declined. I re read this and determined i still like jacobs more. But its not far off. My gut reaction was to take akers .Sorry for the flip flopping.
Truth is they both still have question marks. Theres a projection to be made in both of them.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that counter is solid. I also prefer Jacobs to Akers at this point. I think their ceilings are close, but Jacobs has a higher floor with no competition, Gruden's style and he is the clear goal line back.
He certainly doesn't have competition...but they do use Booker...or whomever the backup is going to be..somewhat heavily, at least relative to a guy who should have no competition.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw you declined. I re read this and determined i still like jacobs more. But its not far off. My gut reaction was to take akers .Sorry for the flip flopping.
Truth is they both still have question marks. Theres a projection to be made in both of them.
Yeah I did decline and counter ( which didn't fly). I tend to favor certain RBs and Akers is one of those. I see a boom next season for him. Funny thing about Jacobs is in college he was used a lot as the pass catching RB and in the pros he's being used like he can not catch.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I did decline and counter ( which didn't fly). I tend to favor certain RBs and Akers is one of those. I see a boom next season for him. Funny thing about Jacobs is in college he was used a lot as the pass catching RB and in the pros he's being used like he can not catch.
Yeah i cant figure out why they arent using him in the pass game, really no one can. They say yearly they will , he grades out well there, then zilch....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He usually does well with those few chances he's gotten...he also had a few drops that make you go...ohhhh..I get it now