1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12-4 or 9-7? The Blair Walsh Project effect

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by PolarVortex, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Anointed One

Anointed One RIP TEZ!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,014

I will be shocked if we don't bring in another kicker to compete whether it's via FA or the draft... I will be very disappointed if that is the case...

2. blstoker

blstoker He was traded to the Cubs for Reggie Jackson.

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 9,916

Well, it is a futures deal - so I hope so....

3. JMR

JMR Go Army!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I think if free agency was behind us and the draft had come and gone and this was the move to address the position, then it would definitely be time to go into Hulk mode. But 3 Jan? Nah.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jerseyhawksfan79

jerseyhawksfan79 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 100,537

Camp fodder. I think we draft one of the top 5 K's.

5. blstoker

blstoker He was traded to the Cubs for Reggie Jackson.

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 9,916

See, I don't necessarily agree - as this could be used as an excuse to not bring in someone else. The only real positives to the move are:

1) It's a futures contract - if they really did intend for him to be their kicker next season without competition they would've offered him a 1 year league minimum deal. Being a futures contract indicates that they aren't as positive on this as they were with Walsh. So, there maybe a better chance that the competition actually makes it to training camp.

2) He's still really young. If this pans out - the Hawks could have a kicker for a very long time. Possible low cost, high reward guy - though he hasn't shown anything in his career that would make me feel like he will be able to be anything better than he was last year (2016) - which wasn't very good.

Now, I'm not angry at the signing by any means - I'm just concerned that the situation of his signing is similar to how they brought Walsh in and I just would rather bring in someone who has no track record than another mid-season cast off and hope he has somehow figured it out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JMR

JMR Go Army!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Well, teams are pretty limited on who they can even talk to right now, let alone sign. I think they're just doing what they can at the moment, which isn't a whole lot.

• Winner Winner x 1