• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL 11 Undefeated Teams Remain...

Who Remains Undefeated At Seasons End?

• Alabama

Votes: 41 75.9%
  • Georgia

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Clemson

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • West virginia

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • UCF

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Colorado

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • NC State

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • South Florida

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Cincinnati

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I didn’t realize there are some shitty schedules left. Cincy has a tougher schedule than ND and maybe Clemson. OSU doesn’t look bad either. If Colorado and WV go undefeated this could get real interesting. I can see Bama dropping 1 game along the way. That is kind of a BS schedule. They took cupcake lane the first half and have all the their tough games in a row, sans Citadel

Only games I could see Bama losing is LSU and Auburn. ND has some trap games, FSU and USC. I will say that is NC State somehow beats Clemson, I think they have the easiest remaining schedule and they would automatically become the favorites to go undefeated.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 3 games that still worry me for ND. NW, FSU and USC. Cuse is on the periphery of having me worried. FSU will absolutely get up for this game against ND, similar to what they did against Miami. I don't think Miami is great, but being up by 20 with 20 minutes to go on the road is impressive. NW always seems to play better towards the end of the year. And if Fitzgerald didn't botch his QB play, they'd have beaten Akron. And USC is a rivalry game, who should theoretically get better as the year progresses with all the youth. And I think you've seen that with the win over Washington State. It's going to take us going undefeated, because I think there will be a good chance of Bama going undefeated(simply looking dominate) and Ohio State and Clemson going undefeated(easy schedules down the stretch)
There is no reason any of those games should be a concern for Notre Dame. NW, they're not an awful team but if you plan appropriately for them, it should be a breeze. FSU, you've gotta be kidding. This team is undoubtedly awful, I don't care what just happened with Miami. USC is extremely young, something that isn't going to be solved by year's end. Syracuse is not a good team. They almost upset Clemson and then followed that up by losing to a really bad Pitt team. Fact is, Clemson just isn't that amazing of a team right now.

ND should roll everyone else.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason any of those games should be a concern for Notre Dame. NW, they're not an awful team but if you plan appropriately for them, it should be a breeze. FSU, you've gotta be kidding. This team is undoubtedly awful, I don't care what just happened with Miami. USC is extremely young, something that isn't going to be solved by year's end. Syracuse is not a good team. They almost upset Clemson and then followed that up by losing to a really bad Pitt team. Fact is, Clemson just isn't that amazing of a team right now.

Well, to be fair, the games have usually be either a blowout for USC or a blowout for ND. Last time a game was decided by less tham a TD was 2013, 2010 before that. It's also gonna be in LA and ND hasn't won in LA since 2012. So, to think USC is not gonna be a tough game is not really an educated statement. I totally agree with you about NW and I agree about FSU to a certain extent. FSU has a 3 game winning streak against ND but the last time they played was 2014. So, while recent history is on FSU's side, ND is just a monumentally better team than FSU and I think FSU has an identity crisis on their hands. They are still trying to figure out who they are right now.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A huge *, Washington State is really undefeated but we got boned by the refs.

Florida had an actual FG taken away so Kentucky could score from great field position.

A loss is a loss even when coming from the stripers.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, the games have usually be either a blowout for USC or a blowout for ND. Last time a game was decided by less tham a TD was 2013, 2010 before that. It's also gonna be in LA and ND hasn't won in LA since 2012. So, to think USC is not gonna be a tough game is not really an educated statement. I totally agree with you about NW and I agree about FSU to a certain extent. FSU has a 3 game winning streak against ND but the last time they played was 2014. So, while recent history is on FSU's side, ND is just a monumentally better team than FSU and I think FSU has an identity crisis on their hands. They are still trying to figure out who they are right now.
Past years mean nothing. Clay Helton is not Pete Carroll, and JT Daniels is nowhere near Matt Barkley.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past years mean nothing. Clay Helton is not Pete Carroll, and JT Daniels is nowhere near Matt Barkley.

No argument there. But in 2016, Pete Carroll and Matt Barkley weren't there and USC ran a train over ND and arguably, Sam Darnold is no Matt Barkley and that was Clay Helton's first year as USC coach.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument there. But in 2016, Pete Carroll and Matt Barkley weren't there and USC ran a train over ND and arguably, Sam Darnold is no Matt Barkley and that was Clay Helton's first year as USC coach.
Uh...2016 Sam Darnold was an absolute beast, what're you talking about? Also, 2016 ND was 4-8. Come on, dude.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wouldn't surprise me if USC rolled into that game 9-2 or 8-3. I think they'll definitely pose a threat. It's not like they are an awful team.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise me if USC rolled into that game 9-2 or 8-3. I think they'll definitely pose a threat. It's not like they are an awful team.
That wouldn't be a big shock, their remaining schedule is garbage. That doesn't mean they're good. Based on how they played against Stanford and Texas, there's no reason to think they post a threat to ND.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wouldn't be a big shock, their remaining schedule is garbage. That doesn't mean they're good. Based on how they played against Stanford and Texas, there's no reason to think they post a threat to ND.

No, but teams can certainly improve throughout the season. Especially a team that had a true freshman QB. Plus a team with confidence with the talent they have is a threat, especially in a rivalry game.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh...2016 Sam Darnold was an absolute beast, what're you talking about? Also, 2016 ND was 4-8. Come on, dude.

2016 Sam Darnold was a beast? So what would be the word you describe 2017 Sam Darnold with? Because 2017 Sam Darnold was an absolute beast. Also, is Cody Kessler better than Matt Barkley? Is Steve Sarkisian better than Pete Carroll? All I'm saying is, nothing in College Football is a guarantee unless you are Alabama playing an FCS team.

There is a reason to think they post a threat to ND. Because it's a rivalry game and anything can happen in a rivalry game. Especially a rivalry game that's seen USC win 11 of the last 16 games. Yes, ND looks really good, but they've only beaten 2 good teams and calling Michigan and Stanford good teams is a debate in itself. ND really doesn't get tested this year, that's why I think they go undefeated. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if USC beats them.

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but teams can certainly improve throughout the season. Especially a team that had a true freshman QB. Plus a team with confidence with the talent they have is a threat, especially in a rivalry game.
That's true, but Daniels has looked thoroughly overwhelmed so far. I doubt he's going to improve enough to be able to compete with ND's offense, assuming everyone on ND is healthy and not suspended.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 Sam Darnold was a beast? So what would be the word you describe 2017 Sam Darnold with? Because 2017 Sam Darnold was an absolute beast. Also, is Cody Kessler better than Matt Barkley? Is Steve Sarkisian better than Pete Carroll? All I'm saying is, nothing in College Football is a guarantee unless you are Alabama playing an FCS team.
I think you might be confused on Darnold. He was actually much better in 2016 than 2017. He had 31 TDs and 9 INTs in 2016 while ranking in the top 10 in rating. He actually took a step back in 2017. I have no idea what Cody Kessler or Steve Sarkisian have to do with this conversation. Fact is, 2016 ND was absolute garbage that was handled by several teams, including a 3-9 Michigan State team. I'm aware nothing is a guarantee, but that statement in no way supports USC posing a threat to ND.

There is a reason to think they post a thread to ND. Because it's a rivalry game and anything can happen in a rivalry game. Especially a rivalry game that's seen USC win 11 of the last 16 games. Yes, ND looks really good, but they've only beaten 2 good teams and calling Michigan and Stanford good teams is a debate in itself. ND really doesn't get tested this year, that's why I think they go undefeated. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if USC beats them.
That is all very shallow logic. I know it's a rivalry game, but ND is vastly superior to USC this season in every way, especially now that Book has taken over as QB. I don't know how it's a debate to say a 5-1 michigan team isn't good, and Stanford (as we've seen) bent USC over while getting destroyed by ND. Nothing at all suggest USC can hang with ND, let alone beat them.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but Daniels has looked thoroughly overwhelmed so far. I doubt he's going to improve enough to be able to compete with ND's offense, assuming everyone on ND is healthy and not suspended.

That's true Book has been a game changer. I think that rumor yesterday was just a bunch of BS. He'll be fine.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true Book has been a game changer. I think that rumor yesterday was just a bunch of BS. He'll be fine.
Yeah that's the way it's sounding. Leave it to barstool.

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't point out a conversation we had earlier in the year (a civil one, at that) where I suggested Book could be a difference-maker for ND, but you told me he wouldn't really be an upgrade over Wimbush because he's not as athletic.

:D

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's the way it's sounding. Leave it to barstool.

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't point out a conversation we had earlier in the year (a civil one, at that) where I suggested Book could be a difference-maker for ND, but you told me he wouldn't really be an upgrade over Wimbush because he's not as athletic.

:D

He was always going to be an upgrade in the passing game. But he's been able to run it more effectively than I thought he could. Also I was basing that on how he looked last year, which was not good, and then not being good enough to win the job in training camp. Also, with that said, he still missed some wide open throws against VT. Also getting Williams back was a huge upgrade in the running game. He's a beast.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was always going to be an upgrade in the passing game. But he's been able to run it more effectively than I thought he could. Also I was basing that on how he looked last year, which was not good, and then not being good enough to win the job in training camp. Also, with that said, he still missed some wide open throws against VT. Also getting Williams back was a huge upgrade in the running game. He's a beast.
But he's definitely not as talented as Wimbush is.
I'm 100% just being a dick here, fwiw, but I do have to laugh a bit at it. I'm even surprised by what Book has done, and it's not like he's been beating up on UTEP.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might be confused on Darnold. He was actually much better in 2016 than 2017. He had 31 TDs and 9 INTs in 2016 while ranking in the top 10 in rating. He actually took a step back in 2017. I have no idea what Cody Kessler or Steve Sarkisian have to do with this conversation. Fact is, 2016 ND was absolute garbage that was handled by several teams, including a 3-9 Michigan State team. I'm aware nothing is a guarantee, but that statement in no way supports USC posing a threat to ND.

Kessler and Sarkisian were the QB/Coach in 2014 when USC beat ND. Weaker QBs and worse coaches have beaten ND before.

That is all very shallow logic. I know it's a rivalry game, but ND is vastly superior to USC this season in every way, especially now that Book has taken over as QB. I don't know how it's a debate to say a 5-1 michigan team isn't good, and Stanford (as we've seen) bent USC over while getting destroyed by ND. Nothing at all suggest USC can hang with ND, let alone beat them.

How is it very shallow logic? ND is a better team than USC this year, that automatically means USC can't beat ND? Look at Old Dominion against Va. Tech. Look at Florida against LSU. Mississippi State against Auburn. Texas against Oklahoma. Weaker teams have beaten better teams before. To say USC doesn't pose a threat to ND is underestimating the rivalry game aspect of it.

Here's something to suggest USC can hang with ND. Ball State and Vanderbilt hung with ND. ND allowed Ball State to get within a score of them in the 4th quarter and Vandy was within 5 points for half of the 4th quarter.

Just because Stanford beat USC, that doesn't make them a good team. Utah beat Stanford, so that must mean they are a good team. Michigan hasn't beaten anyone of value this year and when they were challenged by a good team, they lost. How good they are will be proven in the next three weeks. USC has a huge test this weekend, we'll see how good they actually are. If they suck it up against Colorado, then I'm sure my tune will change on how serious USC should be taken, but right now, I can see USC not only hanging tough with ND, but beating ND.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% just being a dick here, fwiw, but I do have to laugh a bit at it. I'm even surprised by what Book has done, and it's not like he's been beating up on UTEP.
Hey now. Just kick a guy in the nuts when he is down.

You are being a dick. An honest one, but still a dick.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kessler and Sarkisian were the QB/Coach in 2014 when USC beat ND. Weaker QBs and worse coaches have beaten ND before.
2014 ND was 8-5. Again, not a really good comparison to this year's team. I'd also heavily argue that 2014 Kessler was worlds better than 2018 JT Daniels. He threw 39 TDs and 5 INTs on 70% completions. JT Daniels has 4 TDs to 3 INTs on 60% completion this year. Unless he's averaging 5 TD passes per game with only 2 more INTs total while improving his completion % by 10% moving forward, it's still not an apt comparison

How is it very shallow logic? ND is a better team than USC this year, that automatically means USC can't beat ND? Look at Old Dominion against Va. Tech. Look at Florida against LSU. Mississippi State against Auburn. Texas against Oklahoma. Weaker teams have beaten better teams before. To say USC doesn't pose a threat to ND is underestimating the rivalry game aspect of it.

Here's something to suggest USC can hang with ND. Ball State and Vanderbilt hung with ND. ND allowed Ball State to get within a score of them in the 4th quarter and Vandy was within 5 points for half of the 4th quarter.

Just because Stanford beat USC, that doesn't make them a good team. Utah beat Stanford, so that must mean they are a good team. Michigan hasn't beaten anyone of value this year and when they were challenged by a good team, they lost. How good they are will be proven in the next three weeks. USC has a huge test this weekend, we'll see how good they actually are. If they suck it up against Colorado, then I'm sure my tune will change on how serious USC should be taken, but right now, I can see USC not only hanging tough with ND, but beating ND.
For starters, ND is an exponentially better team than USC this year, not just better. Va Tech is garbage, so that's not a shock. Florida, I'd argue, is just as good as LSU. Auburn is mediocre as always, so losing to Miss. St. wasn't surprising. Texas is a talented team, for sure, so that wasn't the craziest outcome (OU barely escaped Army at home, afterall). None of this has anything to do with USC/ND. I get that it's a rivalry game and surprises happen, but right now, there isn't a single logical argument that would suggest USC would beat ND.

Also, USC doesn't have a "huge" test. If they don't beat Colorado, then my argument is only going to be stronger. Colorado's 5 opponents this year have combined for 6 wins, and the only reason they beat 0-5 Nebraska was because one of NU's defensive backs committed an awful unnecessary roughness penalty after a 4th down play by Colorado was already over that would've given Nebraska the win. Colorado will be lucky to win 2 more games this year.