• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11-0

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was supposed to be a really tough game. not to take anything away from nd but turns out syracuse was over-rated. still, you gotta like this going into the usc game which should be no real contest (unless you believe there's serious concern over a "rivalry" game ..... which i don't).
i must admit i never imagined nd could be in this position at season's start. then again i never thought kelly would pull wimbush for book!

a shame md couldn't quite pull it off against osu but at least osu is completely out of it now. that always makes me happy.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so now all of sudden syracuse is no good? lol

careful ideer, don't go saying good things about nd, you might jinx them.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the only bad loss Syracuse has had all season. Barely lost to Clemson and Pittsburgh (I believe they will be playing Clemson for ACC Championship).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at Syracuse being overrated lol.

You just can't make some people happy.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO ... syracuse never even reached the rankings until week 10. what's more likely? that clemson had an off week and probably took them too lightly or that they became a real good team from nowhere?
and the pitt remark is laughable. pitt has given up an average of over 38 points against teams that had any quality .... and syracuse lost to pitt.

the only ranked team syracuse beat was 51-41 to #22 (at the time) nc state who beat nobody to get that ranking and, btw, isn't ranked anymore.

syracuse is indeed over-rated.

you just can't get thru to some 'everything-notre-dame-does-is-great' people.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO ... syracuse never even reached the rankings until week 10. what's more likely? that clemson had an off week and probably took them too lightly or that they became a real good team from nowhere?
and the pitt remark is laughable. pitt has given up an average of over 38 points against teams that had any quality .... and syracuse lost to pitt.

the only ranked team syracuse beat was 51-41 to #22 (at the time) nc state who beat nobody to get that ranking and, btw, isn't ranked anymore.

syracuse is indeed over-rated.

you just can't get thru to some 'everything-notre-dame-does-is-great' people.

They were or are overrated but I also don't think they are as poor a team as you are making them out to be. The way you sound Notre Dame played an FCS school.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the only bad loss Syracuse has had all season. Barely lost to Clemson and Pittsburgh (I believe they will be playing Clemson for ACC Championship).
They were or are overrated but I also don't think they are as poor a team as you are making them out to be. The way you sound Notre Dame played an FCS school.

don't put words in my mouth. i said what i mean and that's all that i said. ...........and you apparently agree.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't put words in my mouth. i said what i mean and that's all that i said. ...........and you apparently agree.

I agree to a point. As I said it seems like you are making Syracuse out to be a bad win, I don't agree with that it's a good win but not as good as the Michigan win.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point. As I said it seems like you are making Syracuse out to be a bad win, I don't agree with that it's a good win but not as good as the Michigan win.

i do not feel it's a bad win. i'm only saying they aren't a real good team like some here are pretending they are. after michigan it's a tossup who the next best team we played was. stanford? pitt? northwestern? syracuse? i'd say pitt. but even so these are all mostly so-so teams. this is not an outstanding line up of foes (not that many teams play an outstanding schedule). i think it says we're better than average, but we won't be tested until the playoffs.
what i'd like to see is for us face michigan again because i don't put a lot of stock into game #1. then (if we advance) we can take on alabama!

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do not feel it's a bad win. i'm only saying they aren't a real good team like some here are pretending they are. after michigan it's a tossup who the next best team we played was. stanford? pitt? northwestern? syracuse? i'd say pitt. but even so these are all mostly so-so teams. this is not an outstanding line up of foes (not that many teams play an outstanding schedule). i think it says we're better than average, but we won't be tested until the playoffs.
what i'd like to see is for us face michigan again because i don't put a lot of stock into game #1. then (if we advance) we can take on alabama!
Our line up is so-so, but who's is?

We're the only team to have wins over 4 currently top 25 teams. Neither Bama nor Clemson can claim that.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it and get back to me.

what's to think about? your first sentence i had already said and wins over top 25 teams is pretty much meaningless. the difference between the top 6 or 7 teams are a world apart from nos. 19, 20 and 24 and you know it.
the top 25 isn't scripture or anything. below 10 it's just a shuffling of teams randomly moved about in and out of the top 25 with small exception.
if those teams impress you then we are in different worlds.
the only really good win is vs michigan and i would bet anything that most 'experts' right now would pick michigan over notre dame if they met today. but i'm not knocking nd. right now they deserve to be in the top 5.

all this boils down to everything i've been saying and nothing has changed. i know a few of you hate it when someone points out reality to you but hey ... that's not my problem.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's to think about? your first sentence i had already said and wins over top 25 teams is pretty much meaningless. the difference between the top 6 or 7 teams are a world apart from nos. 19, 20 and 24 and you know it.
the top 25 isn't scripture or anything. below 10 it's just a shuffling of teams randomly moved about in and out of the top 25 with small exception.
if those teams impress you then we are in different worlds.
the only really good win is vs michigan and i would bet anything that most 'experts' right now would pick michigan over notre dame if they met today. but i'm not knocking nd. right now they deserve to be in the top 5.

all this boils down to everything i've been saying and nothing has changed. i know a few of you hate it when someone points out reality to you but hey ... that's not my problem.
Yes I know we get it. You’re the only realist here. It gets old really.

Nothing short of 50 pt blowouts pleases you.

When you rag on their schedule it’s more than fair to point out that relative to the other top teams it’s actyalkt better.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know we get it. You’re the only realist here. It gets old really.

Nothing short of 50 pt blowouts pleases you.

When you rag on their schedule it’s more than fair to point out that relative to the other top teams it’s actyalkt better.

never said it wasn't.
and this is what's wrong with trying to discuss things with you guys. you say stupid stuff like ""Nothing short of 50 pt blowouts pleases you"" take things that i say and exaggerate the fuck out of them!

you obviously refuse to admit that i have not complained about their schedule even once! i have said it many time that other teams play the same kind of schedules. THAT"S NOT MY COMPLAINT!
my complaint is that they often play poorly against BAD teams. my complaint about many posters here is that they think teams like syracuse are top notch teams and a real gauge of how good notre dame is! what is so damned hard about you dealing with what i say instead of childishly making shit up?

i get that you'd like me to disappear. TOO FUCKING BAD! this is the only game in town and being a fan twice as long as you gives me the right to be here. you 3 or 4 butthurt fans are welcomed to just ignore me! or is that just too hard for you to do?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me add ... reread my initial post that brought about all this crybaby bullshit! was it really that bad?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never said it wasn't.
and this is what's wrong with trying to discuss things with you guys. you say stupid stuff like ""Nothing short of 50 pt blowouts pleases you"" take things that i say and exaggerate the fuck out of them!

you obviously refuse to admit that i have not complained about their schedule even once! i have said it many time that other teams play the same kind of schedules. THAT"S NOT MY COMPLAINT!
my complaint is that they often play poorly against BAD teams. my complaint about many posters here is that they think teams like syracuse are top notch teams and a real gauge of how good notre dame is! what is so damned hard about you dealing with what i say instead of childishly making shit up?

i get that you'd like me to disappear. TOO FUCKING BAD! this is the only game in town and being a fan twice as long as you gives me the right to be here. you 3 or 4 butthurt fans are welcomed to just ignore me! or is that just too hard for you to do?
Your biggest problem is there’s no in between. Nobody really claimed Syracuse were world beaters. But they aren’t pushovers either. Rather than give ND credit for being the better team with the better game plan you use ND’s sound victory to claim well they weren’t that good anyway.

I know you relish being the Debbie downer on the board but you want to keep downplaying their success you do you I guess.

And you’re welcome to stay as long as you like. No need to be so thin skinned.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your biggest problem is there’s no in between. Nobody really claimed Syracuse were world beaters. But they aren’t pushovers either. Rather than give ND credit for being the better team with the better game plan you use ND’s sound victory to claim well they weren’t that good anyway.

I know you relish being the Debbie downer on the board but you want to keep downplaying their success you do you I guess.

And you’re welcome to stay as long as you like. No need to be so thin skinned.

if i were thin skinned i'd have been gone long ago but don't begrudge me fighting back when clearly i am under attack. i thought my initial post here was rather innocuous.

as to the rest, when an average team gets beat by notre dame and i claim "not to take anything away from ND" then it seems to me i am indeed giving them credit. it constantly amazes me so many of you NEED massaging all the time. what you really have an issue with is my claim that syracuse was over-rated. well .... they ARE! get over it.

and btw, you in particular shouldn't be talking at all. i've seen the comments you make during games and you KNOW you get just as pissed off as me for their dunderheaded moves and calls .... it's just that eventual victory doesn't remove their bad play in my mind as it apparently does in yours. so isn't it just a matter of degrees here? isn't it just a little bit hypocritical?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were thin skinned i'd have been gone long ago but don't begrudge me fighting back when clearly i am under attack. i thought my initial post here was rather innocuous.

as to the rest, when an average team gets beat by notre dame and i claim "not to take anything away from ND" then it seems to me i am indeed giving them credit. it constantly amazes me so many of you NEED massaging all the time. what you really have an issue with is my claim that syracuse was over-rated. well .... they ARE! get over it.

and btw, you in particular shouldn't be talking at all. i've seen the comments you make during games and you KNOW you get just as pissed off as me for their dunderheaded moves and calls .... it's just that eventual victory doesn't remove their bad play in my mind as it apparently does in yours. so isn't it just a matter of degrees here? isn't it just a little bit hypocritical?
Yes. I do get pissed at the mismanagement of games.

But don’t mistake that for lack of confidence in these kids. If they’re put into a position to succeed they will.
I’m looking at the overall results and relative to the rest of college football.

And outside of Alabama I don’t see any other team ND can’t or shouldn’t be able to hang with.

You seem to fail to recognize that.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I do get pissed at the mismanagement of games.

But don’t mistake that for lack of confidence in these kids. If they’re put into a position to succeed they will.
I’m looking at the overall results and relative to the rest of college football.

And outside of Alabama I don’t see any other team ND can’t or shouldn’t be able to hang with.

You seem to fail to recognize that.

i don't fail to recognize that at all. why you think i do is the point here.