• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 Team Standard

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting from the #2 spot.

Rd 1: Saquan Barkley RB
Rd 2: Devante Adams WR
Rd 3: Tyreek Hill WR
Rd 4: Jonathan Taylor RB
Rd 5: David Montgomery RB
Rd 6: Mark Ingram RB
Rd 7: Keenan Allen WR
Rd 8: Matt Ryan QB
Rd 9: Aaron Rodgers QB
Rd10: Diontae Johnson WR
Rd11: Hayden Hurst TE
Rd12: Ravens D/ST
Rd13: Alexander Mattison RB
Rd14: Chris Herndon TE
Rd15: Greg Zuerlein K
Rd16: Jalen Reagor WR

QB: Ryan, Rodgers
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Montgomery, Ingram, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Allen, Johnson, Reagor
TE: Hurst, Herndon
DST: Ravens
K: Zuerlein

Feel pretty good about this draft outside of my TEs. Had a tough time pulling the trigger on Tyreek Hill when I wanted RB there. But I followed up Rd3 with 3 straight RB types with good amount of upside. And grabbing Hill as my WR2 stud it allowed me to do 3 straight RBs. In hindsight I probably could have grabbed a TE somewhere between Rds 4-10, but the dropoff after the top 3-4 guys makes the entire position a crapshoot. Waiting is fine by me to throw that dart.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Zeke over Saquon at #2 but it's only bc of those injury concerns. Isn't a big tipping point though.
Hill in the 3rd big win and your RB depth is still ok.
Allen in the 7th is also a steal in my mind.
Getting two QB's that you could start is bold and I like the strategy, sometimes it gets frustrating when both are playing well but good backup plan...I like it.

TE probably your weak point but I like all other areas and your strategy so don't think it's a big issue here.
You reached on DEF but got a stout one.

Overall, I think you had a pretty successful draft imo :thumb:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your RB's after Barkley are fairly iffy. A lot hinges on a rookie who is currently set to split reps. The next guy is currently hurt with no definitive time line for getting back, the next guy, while I like him for this year, is definitely going to be in danger of losing his job, all year long, and Mattison needs an injury to be relevant (which given Cook's history is certainly probable).

Agree with you on the TE's. In a ten teamer, I would hope for better than Hurst, and I likely wouldn't have a second, unless league rules required it. True, there is a significant drop off after Kelce, Kittle and Ertz, but then there's like 8 dudes, and then another significant drop off, then Hurst/Herndon.

Don't care much for your QB's either :)

WR's are nice though!!!
Sorry, not a big fan

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your RB's after Barkley are fairly iffy. A lot hinges on a rookie who is currently set to split reps. The next guy is currently hurt with no definitive time line for getting back, the next guy, while I like him for this year, is definitely going to be in danger of losing his job, all year long, and Mattison needs an injury to be relevant (which given Cook's history is certainly probable).

Agree with you on the TE's. In a ten teamer, I would hope for better than Hurst, and I likely wouldn't have a second, unless league rules required it. True, there is a significant drop off after Kelce, Kittle and Ertz, but then there's like 8 dudes, and then another significant drop off, then Hurst/Herndon.

WR's are nice though!!!
Sorry, not a big fan
yep. bingo.

beyond barkley, you're praying..........

back to back qb's before round 10? in a 10 teamer, and you didnt get a consensus top 5 qb.......nahhhh waste IMHO........

first 3 rounds great. round 4 and 5 not a fan at ALL

keenan is a steal in round 7 IMHO........

and then downhill from there man imho.........lot of reaches and hoping for a 10 team league.......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WR's are nice though!!!
Sorry, not a big fan
I was targetting Jared Cook but he of course went 1 pick before me when I was wanting him. "The way she goes!"

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that matt ryan and rodgers are going in rounds 7-8 usually........but im still not on board.

wentz, stafford, danny dimes, goff(yes goff)........all are gonna be throwing and coulda been had rounds later.....going back to back qb's already shows you arent comfortable with either one as your definitive QB1.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. bingo.

beyond barkley, you're praying..........

back to back qb's before round 10? in a 10 teamer, and you didnt get a consensus top 5 qb.......nahhhh waste IMHO........

first 3 rounds great. round 4 and 5 not a fan at ALL

keenan is a steal in round 7 IMHO........

and then downhill from there man imho.........lot of reaches and hoping for a 10 team league.......
The double dip at QB was during a run so I have no qualms with it. It's easy for you guys to say what looks like a reach or waste when you aren't seeing the active pool as your drafting.

My RB depth isn't sexy, but I feel like I have a serviceable group behind Barkley if Montgomery gets healthy & lives up to the hype. Taylor has a ton of upside and honestly won't take long before he makes his presence felt. Ingram was a questionable pick, but that dude always seems to produce when his back is against the wall. I'm hoping he can stay healthy & hungry enough to ward off the rookie. We shall see.

The dart throws after 7 were mainly about rounding off my roster & taking the best available. I'm top-heavy, but I'm got plenty of ammo to make somethin happen if I need to.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that matt ryan and rodgers are going in rounds 7-8 usually........but im still not on board.

wentz, stafford, danny dimes, goff(yes goff)........all are gonna be throwing and coulda been had rounds later.....going back to back qb's already shows you arent comfortable with either one as your definitive QB1.
Again... Had more to do with a run that was occurring. Watson, Murray, & Brees went just before me. Honestly didn't want to take Ryan because of his inconsistency, but streaming him alongside another high-upside guy in Rodgers and cementing my QBs was smarter than reaching on some throwaway WR or TEs where there was hardly any depth remaining. I'll take that double dip all day long.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you kind of got painted into a corner at running back because you couldn't pass on Adams and Hill in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and I'm sure by the time it got back to you in the 4th you had to reach at running back. Your wide receivers will be the best in the league, but that RB2 spot is going to be tough. I'm fine with what you did at quarterback as either of those guys could end up in the top 5 at the end of the year. It's always hard to judge these things without seeing what was available when you made the picks as I'm really curious in the 4th and 5th as to what other running backs were available that you went with Taylor and Montgomery. The tight end thing is kind of personal preference. Once you decided to not get one of the top guys, then you're kind of guessing. I like the two guys you took, but in a 10 team league that is definitely going to be a weakness. I really like the Mattison in the 13th round pick. Whoever drafted Cook was a moron for letting him fall that far. Your wide receivers are going to have to make up for the points you'll be losing at tight end and RB2 each week and you'll have to hope you guess right between Ryan and Rodgers each week which isn't always easy. Overall I give you a C+. (It would be a B if it was a PPR league though with those wide receivers)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your WRs are insane, I have Adams and Hill in my top 5, so getting them at 2.9 and 3.2 is very nice

put Ingram in your starting lineup with Bark to kick off the year, gives you a moment to assess the situation with colts.

not a montgomery fan, but to each their own.

Rodgers is a no go for me this year, but if QBs were flying, I get the pick. Still don't even like taking a QB2 in 12tm, let alone 10tm though. There are probably 3-4 decent ones on waivers right now.

I actually like Hurst as a late round TE this year, and will be targeting him or Jonnu should I miss out on Ertz in round 5 this year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you kind of got painted into a corner at running back because you couldn't pass on Adams and Hill in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and I'm sure by the time it got back to you in the 4th you had to reach at running back. Your wide receivers will be the best in the league, but that RB2 spot is going to be tough. I'm fine with what you did at quarterback as either of those guys could end up in the top 5 at the end of the year. It's always hard to judge these things without seeing what was available when you made the picks as I'm really curious in the 4th and 5th as to what other running backs were available that you went with Taylor and Montgomery. The tight end thing is kind of personal preference. Once you decided to not get one of the top guys, then you're kind of guessing. I like the two guys you took, but in a 10 team league that is definitely going to be a weakness. I really like the Mattison in the 13th round pick. Whoever drafted Cook was a moron for letting him fall that far. Your wide receivers are going to have to make up for the points you'll be losing at tight end and RB2 each week and you'll have to hope you guess right between Ryan and Rodgers each week which isn't always easy. Overall I give you a C+. (It would be a B if it was a PPR league though with those wide receivers)
RBs that went after my Taylor & Montgomery picks:

Swift
Singletary
Akers
Mostert
R Jones II

Then I took Ingram in the 6th.

Available when I took Ingram:
K Hunt
K Johnson
J Howard
P Lindsay
Moss
JK Dobbins
Breida
Coleman

But I agree... After pinning myself in a corner with back to back WRs (that I couldn't pass on) then I went with a bull-rush approach with 3 straight lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your WRs are insane, I have Adams and Hill in my top 5, so getting them at 2.9 and 3.2 is very nice

put Ingram in your starting lineup with Bark to kick off the year, gives you a moment to assess the situation with colts.

Rodgers is a no go for me this year, but if QBs were flying, I get the pick. Still don't even like taking a QB2 in 12tm, let alone 10tm though. There are probably 3-4 decent ones on waivers right now.

I actually like Hurst as a late round TE this year, and will be targeting him or Jonnu should I miss out on Ertz in round 5 this year.
The only other QB I was considering was Brady over Rodgers... But I'm scared of Brady this year. So much ammo to work with, but feels too much like fools gold after how putrid he looked at times last year.

Like I said to SP... Could have gone for a throwaway WR or RB... But the RB herd was extremely thin at that point, and the WR value could be stretched into the later rounds (if you catch my drift).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's an even year for Mattie Ice...he won't even need Rodgers. Maybe a Packer fan will give him some assets for him lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an even year for Mattie Ice...he won't even need Rodgers. Maybe a Packer fan will give him some assets for him lol
Noted!

Looking at some of the other teams that are RB-heavy, I could see them panicking on their QBs... I'll have to keep them in mind if my RB situation doesn't materialize.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs that went after my Taylor & Montgomery picks:

Swift
Singletary
Akers
Mostert
R Jones II

Then I took Ingram in the 6th.

Available when I took Ingram:
K Hunt
K Johnson
J Howard
P Lindsay
Moss
JK Dobbins
Breida
Coleman

But I agree... After pinning myself in a corner with back to back WRs (that I couldn't pass on) then I went with a bull-rush approach with 3 straight lol.

Okay, so they were all gone then. I was wondering if Bell, Gordon, or David Johnson were still there, but if they were all already gone by pick 39 then that group went running back nuts in the first four rounds. I would have probably done the same thing you did. There's no way I'm passing on Adams at pick 19 or Hill at pick 22.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your WRs are insane
:agree:
All teams have weaknesses.
But Adams, Hill and Allen as your starting 3 WR should not disappoint.
IDK what Treff is talkin' about your QB... Matty Ice is pretty consistent, particularly with all the love being thrown around for Julio, Ridley and the new TE.
Plus you only have Barkley as your RB1.
Not many fantasy teams have a 1-2 punch at RB... at least not after the dust settles once games start.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so they were all gone then. I was wondering if Bell, Gordon, or David Johnson were still there, but if they were all already gone by pick 39 then that group went running back nuts in the first four rounds. I would have probably done the same thing you did. There's no way I'm passing on Adams at pick 19 or Hill at pick 22.
Yep... I could have given myself a heart attack on the Hill pick... Carson, Gurley, DJ, Conner & Bell were available but I just couldn't pass on Tyreek. Insane he fell into the 3rd. I knew I was going to miss out on those RBs too. Sure enough.