• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 10.6.15: Yankees season end tonight

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't words to describe how happy I'd be if A-Rod had a multi home run game tonight and did the degeneration-x "suck it" move at home plate every time.

DX_TripleHSuckIt2.gif

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. DeGrom might be better than Harvey now anyway. Agreed they are 1 & 1A. But Boras and his meddling pretty-much pushed Harvey to game 3. Syndergaard should be in that spot. I guess it could work out if they advance and have Harvey ready to go for the NLCS(or can he only pitch once in that series, as well)?

It just really really bothers me to have an agent involved in this process at this point in the season.

Almost as bad as the Strausburg disaster

Almost

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 337,563.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would take the over. Tanaka hasn't been very good recently. The Red Sox lit him up a week ago. Also, Kuechel on short rest is going to have issues. Can they even count on him for 7 innings? That ballpark also scares me with the under.

I've been scanning the batting stats for both teams.

Houston has hit more homeruns (230 to 212), which bodes well against Tanaka in this stadium.

But, the Astros have fewer RBI (691 to 737), and runs scored (729 to 764), so apparently they hit a lot of solo shots while the Yanks are more likely to hit 3-run bombs.

Averages are nearly identical (.250, .251) but slugging favors Houston (.437 to .421).

Again, you wonder how Dallas is going to pitch on short rest. Looks like the over is the safer bet, but this being the playoffs, sphincters will be tight at the plate.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would take the over. Tanaka hasn't been very good recently. The Red Sox lit him up a week ago. Also, Kuechel on short rest is going to have issues. Can they even count on him for 7 innings? That ballpark also scares me with the under.

If you believe Kuechel struggles, the Yankees win tonight

I don't unfortunately

Astros are in trouble if we see that pen before the 7th

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Lineup, that WONT be Girardis'

Ellsbury
Refsnyder
Beltran
Arod
Mccann
Young
Bird
Didi
Headley

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 337,563.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure when their first game is.

Friday, at their NEW HOME, the Barclays Center, against the villainous but successful Chicago Blackhawks. This gives Bks plenty of grieving time for his yanks before switching gears

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday, at their NEW HOME, the Barclays Center, against the villainous but successful Chicago Blackhawks. This gives Bks plenty of grieving time for his yanks before switching gears

Cool. Welcome to HOCKTOBER!

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe Kuechel struggles, the Yankees win tonight

I don't unfortunately

Astros are in trouble if we see that pen before the 7th

Kuechel just pitched on Friday. For some reason, his manager had him pitch the 6th inning of a game that was 10-2 at the time. I guess you can't assume anything, but the Astros won that game 21-5. It would have been good if Kuechel didn't have to throw 99 pitches in that game knowing he would be needed on Tuesday. So, I think that will be a factor for him. Pitchers are a creature of habit, and that 3 days of rest might catch him off-guard. And if the game is close in the 6th inning, that totally favors the Yankees and their bullpen. I'm sure Betances and Miller can go 2 innings tonight, if needed.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been scanning the batting stats for both teams.

Houston has hit more homeruns (230 to 212), which bodes well against Tanaka in this stadium.

But, the Astros have fewer RBI (691 to 737), and runs scored (729 to 764), so apparently they hit a lot of solo shots while the Yanks are more likely to hit 3-run bombs.

Averages are nearly identical (.250, .251) but slugging favors Houston (.437 to .421).

Again, you wonder how Dallas is going to pitch on short rest. Looks like the over is the safer bet, but this being the playoffs, sphincters will be tight at the plate.

This is the wrong team for Tanaka to face if he's prone to the long ball. Guys like Gattis, Carter and Valbuena are feast or famine-type hitters. And they aren't the only ones. I don't think he will be around long based on the Tanaka I saw last week. He's really not much of an ace.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuechel just pitched on Friday. For some reason, his manager had him pitch the 6th inning of a game that was 10-2 at the time. I guess you can't assume anything, but the Astros won that game 21-5. It would have been good if Kuechel didn't have to throw 99 pitches in that game knowing he would be needed on Tuesday. So, I think that will be a factor for him. Pitchers are a creature of habit, and that 3 days of rest might catch him off-guard. And if the game is close in the 6th inning, that totally favors the Yankees and their bullpen. I'm sure Betances and Miller can go 2 innings tonight, if needed.

I couldn't believe they brought him out with the 10-2 lead either. You don[t want to blow out the pen but with the sept call ups you should be able to get your ace out with an 8 point lead

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not confident tonight....Tanaka is known for that early 2 run HR, and than settles in nicely...Tonight, that 2 run HR will bury them.....Kuechel will be amped to throw with a lead....

I hope Girardi throws loyalty out the window for once and goes with a lineup that makes sense.....Gardner is batting .060 since the ASB against lefties...if he is in the lineup, i am honestly running on the field from Stans tonight.......

Tanaka needs to be masterful, he has it in him, the dominant Tanaka has popped up in some key spots this season, @ Toronto sticks out......And they need to run into a mistake or 2 from Kuechel