• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 10.6.15: Yankees season end tonight

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Royals are certainly capable of winning it all, but I'm a little surprised to see them favored. Due to that, uhm. . . err. . . . pitching staff of theirs.

I don't think anyone is stopping the Blue Jays in the AL. The Royals had me believing back in July, but that team really kind of limped to the finish.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is stopping the Blue Jays in the AL. The Royals had me believing back in July, but that team really kind of limped to the finish.

Yeah, but funny shit happens in the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're being pessimistic, which I don't think there's a lot of space for in fandom.

Believe it or not, tonight would not be the first time an underdog won a baseball game.

I stand behind my statement that if they win, you should be done cheering for them for the year.

I will be at game 3 if they win.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 337,563.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hu, is there any angst over Boras pretty-much dictating the Mets' playoff rotation? I know DeGrom is no slouch, but Harvey would start game one under normal circumstances. Now they only get to use him once in that series. That's BS.

Think we're all just trying to let that die down. Sure, it'll come back up when the series starts and the media do their question-dealie-thing. I hope Collins and the players handle it well.

Honestly? I feel like deGrom deserves that start as much as Harvey. His stats are right there with Matt's. More strikeouts in more innings pitched, but also a lower ERA. 1 and 1A.

I'm having a harder time with Syndergaard going in game two, when we all know how much he has struggled on the road this season. Would have been great if he could go in Game 3 at home, but...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 337,563.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but funny shit happens in the playoffs.

Oh definitely. We see it every year. Both wild card winners went to the World Series last year, so predicting this stuff is always hard. But I liked the Royals better last year. Cueto hasn't shown shit and that pitching is a bit suspect.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 337,563.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to take that under 7 on tonight's game, but I'm having misgivings.

This seems like the perfect game for one starter to get completely LTFU (lit the fuck up).

Tanaka has had problems with the long ball all year and will face a lefty-heavy lineup in that lefty-friendly stadium.

Keyekull is a big groundball-out pitcher and will be facing a rightie-heavy lineup, but he's on short rest.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we're all just trying to let that die down. Sure, it'll come back up when the series starts and the media do their question-dealie-thing. I hope Collins and the players handle it well.

Honestly? I feel like deGrom deserves that start as much as Harvey. His stats are right there with Matt's. More strikeouts in more innings pitched, but also a lower ERA. 1 and 1A.

I'm having a harder time with Syndergaard going in game two, when we all know how much he has struggled on the road this season. Would have been great if he could go in Game 3 at home, but...

Yes. DeGrom might be better than Harvey now anyway. Agreed they are 1 & 1A. But Boras and his meddling pretty-much pushed Harvey to game 3. Syndergaard should be in that spot. I guess it could work out if they advance and have Harvey ready to go for the NLCS(or can he only pitch once in that series, as well)?

It just really really bothers me to have an agent involved in this process at this point in the season.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to take that under 7 on tonight's game, but I'm having misgivings.

This seems like the perfect game for one starter to get completely LTFU (lit the fuck up).

Tanaka has had problems with the long ball all year and will face a lefty-heavy lineup in that lefty-friendly stadium.

Keyekull is a big groundball-out pitcher and will be facing a rightie-heavy lineup, but he's on short rest.

I think I would take the over. Tanaka hasn't been very good recently. The Red Sox lit him up a week ago. Also, Kuechel on short rest is going to have issues. Can they even count on him for 7 innings? That ballpark also scares me with the under.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today was the last time I could wake up looking forward to Yankees beisbol until the Spring.

Pretty depressing

Jesus H Christ Man! At least have the decency to wait until the game starts to be depressed.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 337,563.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just really really bothers me to have an agent involved in this process at this point in the season.

Concur. I've said before, I KNOW they had to have talked about this at the beginning of the season; the team has been so very extra-special-super-duper careful with his surgery & rehab. Borass was probably on board with everything at that time.

But! Borass probably wasn't expecting the team to actually make the playoffs, so it only became an issue when it was clear that they were going to be playing longer and Harvey would have to toss way more than the 180 innings.

If they make the LCS and need Harvey to throw 2X, I feel confident that he will tell the team that he is pitching 2X.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Stros Ace is better than our Ace....and their bats are also better

Both teams completely sucked ass down the stretch. Their ace is going on 3 days for the first time all year and he isn't as good on the road.
Let's just hope Tanaka was rusty in his last start (11 days off) and will pitch better this time around. He was actually not bad after the first inning as he was shaking off the rust. His 4 starts before that were stellar.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus H Christ Man! At least have the decency to wait until the game starts to be depressed.

I have to prepare myself so I won't be too depressed tonight if we shit the bed. Feel me?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said all along that I thought the AL East could finish in any order this year and it wouldn't have surprised me. The Yankees did overachieve considering how it looked going into the season. That said, I've seen the media trying to spin Arod as a sympathetic character this year, so spinning the Yankees as "the little engine that could" makes sense in that context.

I agree. Going into this season I said it wouldn't surprise me if any of these teams won or lost 90 games. Complete crap shoot.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to prepare myself so I won't be too depressed tonight if we shit the bed. Feel me?

I'll feel just as bad either way so I'm not going to get depressed before hand. But as a HUGE hockey fan I have the Rangers starting tomorrow so in the very least the Yanks got me to the NHL. You have a while before Basket Ball gets going

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll feel just as bad either way so I'm not going to get depressed before hand. But as a HUGE hockey fan I have the Rangers starting tomorrow so in the very least the Yanks got me to the NHL. You have a while before Basket Ball gets going

Yeah I have another 3 weeks roughly