• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Seeds

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously still have to wait for key games like Miami-Duke and conference tourneys. Here are some teams competing for #1 seeds.

1. Indiana 24-4
2. Gonzaga 28-2
3. Duke 24-4
4. Michigan 23-5
5. Miami 23-4
6. Kansas 24-4
7. Georgetown 22-4
8. Florida 22-5

I think Indiana, Duke or Miami (whoever wins tonight), and Gonzaga. The last spot is tough. Michigan just had a bad loss and has a tough schedule ahead, Kansas hasnt been the most impressive of late. If Georgetown wins Big East they could get that final spot.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tourney puts a huge emphasis on conference tourneys when it comes to the #1 seeds. Too much emphasis, IMO. Indiana is probably the only lock if they can finish the regular season 2-1. Everyone else is fair game.

I'm not sold that the Zags are a #1 seed right now. They have a low RPI and that loss @ Butler keeps looking worse and worse. They will likely make it if there are some upsets in the conference tourneys, but if those conference tourneys are chalk, they might get stuck on the 2 line.

If Kansas wins the Big 12 tourney, they will get a #1 seed. If Miami or Duke win the ACC tourney, they will get a #1 seed. If Michigan/MSU don't have bad losses in the rest of the NCAA tourney and they win the B1G tourney, they can be 1 seeds. I think Florida, Georgetown, Louisville, Syracuse, and even K-State could have a chance as well if they win their tourneys.