• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1-15 teams (or worse) shouldn't get rewarded with 1st overall picks.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fastforward why that facepalm?

You think the league shouldn't be harsher on players who smoke weed (Gordon) as compared to a domestic abuser?

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get a record-based #1 pick, then you should have to fire the HC and/or the GM. Unless you already did that.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I much rather the league fix its policy of black balling players who smoke weed over players that beat their spouses and children

@fastforward why that facepalm?

You think the league shouldn't be harsher on players who smoke weed (Gordon) as compared to a domestic abuser?
To my knowledge zero players have been black-balled for smoking weed. The NFL's substance testing policy for players who have produced multiple positive tests includes alcohol - for which the permitted limit is zero. 2 of Gordon's suspensions are for failing the zero alcohol limit. His last positive test, (and suspension), are for PEDs as well as recreational drugs. The NFL has multiple levels of punishment for offenders and these punishments increase to a 1 year suspension and then an indefinite suspension. Gordon has already had a 1 year suspension and is now on an indefinite suspension. That last suspension started late in 2019. It would send a totally wrong message if the indefinite suspension was shorter than 1 year.

Since both Randy Gregory and Aldon Smith have been allowed to return after long suspensions it was 'not your best post' to state the NFL was black-balling players who smoke weed. However, I don't want to get into an internet spat over this so I have altered the emoji to 'wondering'. :thumb:

I don't have a particular or consistent view on the NFL suspending players for certain legal issues. Generally I think the NFL should stay away from such issues and let society deal with them through the law. However, the NFL is in the entertainment business and I respect that they are entitled to protect themselves by removing players who incur the public's ire.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To my knowledge zero players have been black-balled for smoking weed. The NFL's substance testing policy for players who have produced multiple positive tests includes alcohol - for which the permitted limit is zero. 2 of Gordon's suspensions are for failing the zero alcohol limit. His last positive test, (and suspension), are for PEDs as well as recreational drugs. The NFL has multiple levels of punishment for offenders and these punishments increase to a 1 year suspension and then an indefinite suspension. Gordon has already had a 1 year suspension and is now on an indefinite suspension. That last suspension started late in 2019. It would send a totally wrong message if the indefinite suspension was shorter than 1 year.

Since both Randy Gregory and Aldon Smith have been allowed to return after long suspensions it was 'not your best post' to state the NFL was black-balling players who smoke weed. However, I don't want to get into an internet spat over this so I have altered the emoji to 'wondering'. :thumb:

I don't have a particular or consistent view on the NFL suspending players for certain legal issues. Generally I think the NFL should stay away from such issues and let society deal with them through the law. However, the NFL is in the entertainment business and I respect that they are entitled to protect themselves by removing players who incur the public's ire.

Ok, "black-balling" was the wrong term to use. To me it just seems like the NFL has it out more for drug user than domestic abusers and other crimes. That's all. I totally get weed, drugs are illegal but so is beating your wife, child, weapons charges etc.

They are an entertainment business but they "remove" players seemingly for "less violent" offenses, which i do not agree with.

Thank you for your input on it without being a dick, you do make good and valid points