• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

09/14/2019

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly hope ND hangs 100 on New Mexico. They won’t, but Bob Davie should be absolutely humiliated on his return.

I might be going to this game.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly hope ND hangs 100 on New Mexico. They won’t, but Bob Davie should be absolutely humiliated on his return.

I might be going to this game.

Would love to see Davie get crushed in this game, but I doubt many of the current players know much about his time at ND. Considering that half of them probably weren’t even born when he coached his last game at ND.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see Davie get crushed in this game, but I doubt many of the current players know much about his time at ND. Considering that half of them probably weren’t even born when he coached his last game at ND.
True enough. Kelly should consider it fan service though.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True enough. Kelly should consider it fan service though.

A service for all the ND fans that had to live through his time as head coach.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly never runs up the score on anyone. Really wish he would sometimes, like in this game.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how he kinda did when we jammed it in Michigan's ass in 2014. :heh:

Even then I think he played it safe when he got up a little.

The players played through the final whistle and then some.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a backstory I'm missing about Davie? I get he was awful during his time at ND, but didn't know if there's something additional to the fire? I was too young to realize the state of the ND program when he was hired.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a backstory I'm missing about Davie? I get he was awful during his time at ND, but didn't know if there's something additional to the fire? I was too young to realize the state of the ND program when he was hired.

Davie was defensive coordinator at ND under Holtz and did a good job, but he always talked about his time at Texas A&M. Including all their traditions. It appeared to me (and many others) that he never really wanted to be the head coach at ND. His dream job was to be head coach at Texas A&M. He did a mediocre to poor job at ND and it always (at least to me) appeared that he didn’t want to be here. At least Gerry Faust wanted to be the head coach at ND. So my dislike for Davie is based on my impression that he did a crap job at ND and was only here because he saw it as a stepping stone to get back to A&M.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davie was defensive coordinator at ND under Holtz and did a good job, but he always talked about his time at Texas A&M. Including all their traditions. It appeared to me (and many others) that he never really wanted to be the head coach at ND. His dream job was to be head coach at Texas A&M. He did a mediocre to poor job at ND and it always (at least to me) appeared that he didn’t want to be here. At least Gerry Faust wanted to be the head coach at ND. So my dislike for Davie is based on my impression that he did a crap job at ND and was only here because he saw it as a stepping stone to get back to A&M.

Ahh got ya. I knew he was DC before becoming HC, but never knew of his affinity for A&M. I always thought looking back why ND didn't do a national search after Holtz retired. Seems puzzling in hindsight. But Davie lead us down a road that was pretty awful for the next decade or so. Davie to Willingham to Weis. (Pukes in mouth)

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh got ya. I knew he was DC before becoming HC, but never knew of his affinity for A&M. I always thought looking back why ND didn't do a national search after Holtz retired. Seems puzzling in hindsight. But Davie lead us down a road that was pretty awful for the next decade or so. Davie to Willingham to Weis. (Pukes in mouth)

I wish they had taken Tom Clements to be head coach when they selected Davie. And I would have loved to see what could have happened if O’leary had been able to stay.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We beat his A&M team in ‘93. Same year we beat the ‘Noles’ supposed greatest team ever.

I’d add to what @Irish7478 said and include the fact that he seemed to help push Lou out the door to get his spot. Then he proceeded to louse it up.

Although he recruited better than Willingham.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks dude. Before my football time.

I want to open an ole can of whoop ass on him!!!!!!