• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

zilla award winner announces the caps sign..

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha. He's using it early and often! Damn you, 46! ;)

Great news. After Backstrom, Schultz and Fehr were the most important signings this offseason. I think the Caps' front office is 3 for 3 on these guys now. Nice work, GMGM.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I did a little working b/c most of the salary cap sites don't have Carlson and/or Alzner on the team right now, and have gaps. Below is the rough lineup assuming Alzner and Carlson are both up on the team and they work out a way to keep Nylander off the cap again.

The lineup below is going to cost us $47.6 million next year. The salary cap is supposed to be at around $59 million this coming season (anyone know the exact figure, or is it not decided yet?). So, that leaves about $11 million left for signing two centers.

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Knuble
Semin - ________ - Laich
Fehr - ________ - Chimera
Gordon - Bradley - Steckel

Schultz - Green
Carlson - Alzner
Poti - Erskin
(Sloan in reserve)

Varlamov
Neuvirth

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could presumably sign Fleischmann (I'm guessing somewhere just under $3 million) and promote Perreault ($700K+) and still have about $6-7 million to sign reserves, mid-year adjustments, etc.

Really makes me wonder why Volchenkov was not on their list. At just over $4mil per, he would have been a perfect compliment for this team. And with Semin, Knuble, and Poti all coming off the sheet next year (unless they extend or re-sign), that's more than $11 million in wiggle room. Ugh...

I have to guess Shaone Morrisson and Eric Belanger (both around $2million per) are still on their radar.

Last edited by a moderator:

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I did a little working b/c most of the salary cap sites don't have Carlson and/or Alzner on the team right now, and have gaps. Below is the rough lineup assuming Alzner and Carlson are both up on the team and they work out a way to keep Nylander off the cap again.

The lineup below is going to cost us $47.6 million next year. The salary cap is supposed to be at around $59 million this coming season (anyone know the exact figure, or is it not decided yet?). So, that leaves about $11 million left for signing two centers.

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Knuble
Semin - ________ - Laich
Fehr - ________ - Chimera
Gordon - Bradley - Steckel

Schultz - Green
Carlson - Alzner
Poti - Erskin
(Sloan in reserve)

Varlamov
Neuvirth

A few things to comment on:

2 centers and maybe a D-man.......Free Willie pleese :)

Bradley is a winger, Steckel or Gordo will be 4th line center

You got the 3rd line and 2nd line LW and RW backwards. should be:
Liach-_____-Semin
Chimera-____-Fehr

oh, and Eskine has an 'e' at then end :)

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could presumably sign Fleischmann (I'm guessing somewhere just under $3 million) and promote Perreault ($700K+) and still have about $6-7 million to sign reserves, mid-year adjustments, etc.

Really makes me wonder why Volchenkov was not on their list. At just over $4mil per, he would have been a perfect compliment for this team. And with Semin, Knuble, and Poti all coming off the sheet next year (unless they extend or re-sign), that's more than $11 million in wiggle room. Ugh...

I have to guess Shaone Morrisson and Eric Belanger (both around $2million per) are still on their radar.

Belanger is asking for too many years, they will not re-sign him

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley is a winger, Steckel or Gordo will be 4th line center

You got the 3rd line and 2nd line LW and RW backwards. should be:
Liach-_____-Semin
Chimera-____-Fehr

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I meant! So you're too lazy to look it up, but not above slamming me on minute details? ;)