• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ZigTech Crosby Commercial Play-by-Play

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine in Bill Clemente's voice...

"Crosby jumps on elevator and jumps across several bar stools in his own defensive zone. He knocks over two football monsters in the neutral zone and takes the blue line! He dodges several flying pucks and AVOIDS A HUGE SPIDER. A STICK MATERIALIZES OUT OF THIN AIR!!! He shoots A MASSIVE SLAPSHOT AND ...it's... a slow, low moving puck... and it turns into a soda can? ... and now a shoe?? What is going on here, Jim."

"I don't know, Bill. These new rules post-lockout are a little ridiculous."

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be an interesting thread. Let's do Doc:

"Crosby swaggers over to the elevator, and shelaleh's (yes I really heard that the other day) over several bar stools in his own zone. He knocks over two football monsters in the defensive zone, both Boston College products, and crosses through the circle. Sid The Kid dodges several flying pucks, a stick MATERIALIZES OUT OF THIN AIR! AND THERE WAS A SPIDER! OH AND A DRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVEEE!!!!! And it's waffleboarded away....

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Crosby swaggers over to the elevator, and shelaleh's (yes I really heard that the other day) over several bar stools in his own zone. He knocks over two football monsters in the defensive zone, both Boston College products, and crosses through the circle. Sid The Kid dodges several flying pucks, a stick MATERIALIZES OUT OF THIN AIR! AND THERE WAS A SPIDER! OH AND A DRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVEEE!!!!! And it's waffleboarded away....

Nice Clementization.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that an Emrickization?

Hahaha. Yeah, you might be right. Been too long since I heard Bill Clement calling hockey. I like Clement's tone so much more than Emrick. At least I think I do, been a long time...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll do Steiggy, then.

"Crosby to the elevator... (insert unecessary drivel about some past experience in Steiggy's life, a few mentions of how brilliant Crosby is at various activities, like mowing the lawn, trimming the hedges, painting landscapes, etc.) Oh, and he shoots. He's something special, isn't he Bob, the way he does everything absolutely perfectly."

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a troll thread??? :)

Don't mind me, I'm grumpy after that deflating loss...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell no! Not making fun of Crosby at all, just whoever the marketing dude was that was on a massive acid trip when they thought up that commercial.

It's really good for the NHL to have a player with a major shoe contract. Now we just need them to have an OV shoe in red-white and a Crosby shoe in black-gold like the old days when you had the Bird (green-white) and the Magic (purple-yellow) Converse shoes. I might be dating myself...

(Note - After I typed it, I realized that was a bad closing line, feel free to run Wild with it.)

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mickey Redmond: "Alright, it looks like they called a penalty on Crosby here somewhere... hooking or holding or something. Oh boy, let's watch the tape here, I've got a bad feeling about this... hey, I don't see it. Show the replay again boys, that can't be it... is that it? That's the hook? Jeezo petes, you've got Crosby and two football monsters fighting for a puck here, and they're going to call a penalty on that? That's a hockey play! You know in the old days that wasn't a penalty, you'd just get your stick up in someone's teeth and they'd leave you alone... that's the call? That's just a chintzy call, you can't call stuff like that... you see guys getting hit in the head with elbows and they don't call that stuff, and then guys are going to the box for this garbage? I just don't get it."

Ken: "Alright Mick, calm down..."

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm trolling. =) I've been in meetings all day in which I couldn't make snide comments, so I have to get my outlet somewhere, right?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On an aside, that commercial is one of the goofiest, most pointless things I have ever seen. Come on, Sid, where are your standards of creative expression?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On an aside, that commercial is one of the goofiest, most pointless things I have ever seen. Come on, Sid, where are your standards of creative expression?

The guy is getting millions of dollars and for this commercial he literally had to do one shot of him holding a shoe. I wouldn't care if they made me a half-leprechaun, half-horse cartoon for that kind of coin.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is getting millions of dollars and for this commercial he literally had to do one shot of him holding a shoe. I wouldn't care if they made me a half-leprechaun, half-horse cartoon for that kind of coin.

I would, especially if I already had a ridiculous amount of money. If my face is going to be seen by millions of people on an advertisement, that sucker better be good.

But then again, I'm a purist about everything...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would, especially if I already had a ridiculous amount of money. If my face is going to be seen by millions of people on an advertisement, that sucker better be good.

But then again, I'm a purist about everything...

To be fair, he only has to beat out chicky chicky Maxime Talbot....