• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ziggy in 2018...?

What to do with Ziggy?

• Total voters

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's he go, what do we do? By my little research I see that we have 50+ million to spend. But it looks like we have (At least) one hole at DE, one DT, RB, O-line still sucks, need LB's, might need to change to a 3-4, Ebron is still our TE and our blocking TE was suspended for skipping team meetings.

Option #1 = Franchise or Transition tag him. We probably have enough cap room to tag him and sign one other impact type FA. Ziggy was invisible last 2 seasons, had 9 sacks in 3 games, but only 5 sacks in the other 29 games over last 2 seasons. But he was only healthy for 5-6 games in those 2 seasons. Let him play a season on the tag to see what we are getting going forward.
Pro's - he's proven he can be all pro level pass rusher. One less hole to fill in FA or draft
Con's - Lotta money on a guy who can't stay healthy, had nearly zero impact in 90% of games.

Option #2 tag and trade. There is a potential huge reward if he rights the ship. Guarantee somebody is willing to take that risk. Only problem is if they're already taking a financial risk, they probably won't give up much in trade.
Pro's - Something is better than nothing.
Con's - Might actually get less in trade than we would get in comp picks. Possibly 4th vs a 3rd.

Option #3 sign to a long term deal. If he does gave a good season next year he' going to want Sun type money. QB type money. If we're sure we want to keep him, we might get a discount by signing a long term deal.
Pro's - possible discount if he's right.
Con's - huge waste if he pulls this crap again. May need to tag him to get him to negotiate.

Option #4 Let him go. We didn't need his 3 sacks to beat GB or NYG, and despite 3 sacks we still lost to Cincy. Over the past 2 seasons he had 0 impact on any othef games. So that means in total he hasn't had any impact. We could get 3 guts to have no impact for the ~18 million he'll cost us.
Pro's - spend that money elsewhere. Maybe get lucky.
Con's - another hole to fill on a team full of holes. There's only so many opportunities to fill said hole each offseason.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye Felicia.

He's a hole when he's in the starting lineup.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noone even knows how old he really is. He could be 36 by now. Let him go. Need to revamp the whole front 7 anyways.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All season long I was in the let him walk camp. But I'm really starting to think I would tag him for one year.

I would use the cheapest transition tag, and I would easily trade him or take he picks if somebody else signed him. I don't really want him here. But it's just one less hole to fill. Plus it feels like a solid way to carry over some cap space to next year.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chose let him walk, but if we transitioned to a 3-4 I think he would be intriguing as a 3-4 LB. That is where he played mostly at BYU and he seemed to do better in that situation, but that is an expensive gamble to make.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All season long I was in the let him walk camp. But I'm really starting to think I would tag him for one year.

I would use the cheapest transition tag, and I would easily trade him or take he picks if somebody else signed him. I don't really want him here. But it's just one less hole to fill. Plus it feels like a solid way to carry over some cap space to next year.

I'm with Smitty. It's a hole to fill whether he's here or not.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move on from him. Too many lower body injuries. Big guys never fully recover from them.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag and hold if possible.
Very inconsistent but him and Robinson are by far the best players on a D-line full of garbage.

We need another DE to take the pressure off him. I would love to see him rushing against the opposing teams RT.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long term deal. I think BQ knows how to structure them properly for the team. If management and player can't come to an equitable agreement for the long run, then buh-bye.