• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zidlicky Waives his NTC for NJD

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my goodness that seems expensive.

If you think about it Palmieri wasn't in our lineup much this season aside from recently "most likely to be showcased.Foster was great on our PP but slow ,the other player was an AHL player and the 2nd round pick was washingtons.I'm going to wait and see what Zid brings if the quality is there I can live with giving up the quantity.May also be good to have Zidlicky to groom Larsson as well and our PP has been in desperate need of a qb for years

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think about it Palmieri wasn't in our lineup much this season aside from recently "most likely to be showcased.Foster was great on our PP but slow ,the other player was an AHL player and the 2nd round pick was washingtons.I'm going to wait and see what Zid brings if the quality is there I can live with giving up the quantity.May also be good to have Zidlicky to groom Larsson as well and our PP has been in desperate need of a qb for years

You got Zidlicky for a second (and let's be honest, right now your second is worth LESS than Washington's), third, and three other dudes. They might not be great dudes, but it's still a lot of dudes. And this is for a guy who wreaks havoc on your cap for next year. I understand even with all that it's still potentially a solid move for the Devils, but every GM selling defense at the deadline just got little dollar signs in his eyes.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got Zidlicky for a second (and let's be honest, right now your second is worth LESS than Washington's), third, and three other dudes. They might not be great dudes, but it's still a lot of dudes. And this is for a guy who wreaks havoc on your cap for next year. I understand even with all that it's still potentially a solid move for the Devils, but every GM selling defense at the deadline just got little dollar signs in his eyes.

Oh I agree its a bad year to be buying defense.At the moment I see this trade as a gamble.But I'm going to wait and see before I make a judgement

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People look at the amount of guys going to Minny and automatically assume the Devils got robbed. Foster was the only every day guy we gave up and Zidlicky > Foster. From what I've been told here this is a thin draft so I don't mind giving up the 2nd and the conditional pick we give up if we make it to the ECF which I will gladly give up. Palmieri and what's his face who gives a shit about. The Devils needed to upgrade their D and they have. Now just get healthy.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People look at the amount of guys going to Minny and automatically assume the Devils got robbed. Foster was the only every day guy we gave up and Zidlicky > Foster. From what I've been told here this is a thin draft so I don't mind giving up the 2nd and the conditional pick we give up if we make it to the ECF which I will gladly give up. Palmieri and what's his face who gives a shit about. The Devils needed to upgrade their D and they have. Now just get healthy.

You could see how thin our d was last night.Harold was awful hopefully Zid is in the lineup soon.Will also be nice to get Larsson , Tallinder and Zajac back.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could see how thin our d was last night.Harold was awful hopefully Zid is in the lineup soon.Will also be nice to get Larsson , Tallinder and Zajac back.

You want that overpaid slug Paul Martin back? You can have him...for free.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want that overpaid slug Paul Martin back? You can have him...for free.

No thanks wasn't Martins biggest fan :D I'm fine with giving Did a chance and waiting for Larsson and Tallinder to return.Getting Zajac back would be a huge help as well.A lot of people don't realize how much he helps on the defensive end

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Keep in mind the Devils were at or 1 contract off the 50 players limit.

Trading away Foster (who now lost his spot to Zid) and VU are actually positives for the Devils. They can sign college FA and also be active on waivers which are starting to pick up.

There doesn't have to be any losers in a trade! Zidlicky is more valuable to the Devils and Palmieri is more valuable to the Wild