• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke's current state of suspension

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd LOVE to have this over with. Would prefer 2 games, but 3 would be ok. NFL screwed that up though by saying they looked into the other matters and didn't find anything. Also would set a bad precedent to say "based on the entire body of issues we are going to make this a 3 game suspension" because it is just making things up as they go.

So yes it would be a perfect solution but would look bad and set a bad precedent the NFLPA won't like. The NFL had their chance to do just this in the appeal hearing and they turned that into another kangaroo court instead of making a fair and impartial appeal. Now they are here. All because Goodell thinks he can just go through the motions and then do what he wants. NFL has to see that they have a good chance of losing if they are even willing to negotiate. Right now they can say they have the Brady ruling cementing their authority, but I don't think it applies here. That was a judgement questioning if Goodell has the authority to suspend. This is a challenge that the process meets the contractual obligation of the investigation. Neither side is going to get a true win, so they need to settle.

I would also think that the league would love to get this issue off the front page along with all the other crap they are trying to mitigate. Sooner the better. It would definitely be one less headache for them.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also think that the league would love to get this issue off the front page along with all the other crap they are trying to mitigate. Sooner the better. It would definitely be one less headache for them.

I think the driver in all of this is Roger himself. He still has a contract extension he is trying to get. What is the ONLY thing that everyone points to as why the owners keep paying him? Because he keeps making them more money. Viewership is down, popularity is down, and he has pissed off many fans for many different reasons. He needs to get some quick and public wins if he wants to stem the negative press they keep getting which has to be nearing the point where a single mid-level sponsor bails. As soon as that happens the floodgates open IMO. no one wants to be the first to bail on the NFL but once it starts then the money is going to seriously start to be an issue. Who cares is Eds Used cars doesn't buy a 30 second spot in no-where wisconsin? But what if USAA or Bridgestone decides they want to back off for a bit?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd LOVE to have this over with. Would prefer 2 games, but 3 would be ok. NFL screwed that up though by saying they looked into the other matters and didn't find anything. Also would set a bad precedent to say "based on the entire body of issues we are going to make this a 3 game suspension" because it is just making things up as they go.

So yes it would be a perfect solution but would look bad and set a bad precedent the NFLPA won't like. The NFL had their chance to do just this in the appeal hearing and they turned that into another kangaroo court instead of making a fair and impartial appeal. Now they are here. All because Goodell thinks he can just go through the motions and then do what he wants. NFL has to see that they have a good chance of losing if they are even willing to negotiate. Right now they can say they have the Brady ruling cementing their authority, but I don't think it applies here. That was a judgement questioning if Goodell has the authority to suspend. This is a challenge that the process meets the contractual obligation of the investigation. Neither side is going to get a true win, so they need to settle.
IMO the NFL has been making shit up from the onset.

Elloitt may accept a reduced suspension on DV by itself but as you said earlier some will take that as guilty, I don't think he'll do that. By including all the incidents, both sides can freely admit it's a bad look for the NFL.
Ask yourself two questions.
Did Elliott make some dumb choices while under NFL investigation?
Does it look like the NFL over punish on the word of a liar?

IMO the 6 games are not for DV by Elliott it's for the multiple DV cases where the NFL slapped the wrists of past offenders. The backlash over the Hish Brown case was the last straw.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the driver in all of this is Roger himself. He still has a contract extension he is trying to get. What is the ONLY thing that everyone points to as why the owners keep paying him? Because he keeps making them more money. Viewership is down, popularity is down, and he has pissed off many fans for many different reasons. He needs to get some quick and public wins if he wants to stem the negative press they keep getting which has to be nearing the point where a single mid-level sponsor bails. As soon as that happens the floodgates open IMO. no one wants to be the first to bail on the NFL but once it starts then the money is going to seriously start to be an issue. Who cares is Eds Used cars doesn't buy a 30 second spot in no-where wisconsin? But what if USAA or Bridgestone decides they want to back off for a bit?

Suspending the leagues biggest stars is not good for the game

Here to help

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspending the leagues biggest stars is not good for the game

Here to help
I agree when the evidence is suspect at best, but if more than "We Think" evidence is present suspend away.
If the DA saw at least enough to charge Zeke, I think the courts would have already ruled in the NFLs favor.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another for sure thing is that Zeke better never even be alone with a woman until he is out of the NFL. Another accusation, let alone if he actually breaks any rules, is going to bring massive retribution from the league. He has zero room for anything that even looks suspicious.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another for sure thing is that Zeke better never even be alone with a woman until he is out of the NFL. Another accusation, let alone if he actually breaks any rules, is going to bring massive retribution from the league. He has zero room for anything that even looks suspicious.
Yep, right now he'd be better off being women free.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will any pro sports player ever go near Miss Tiffany Thompson?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezekiel Elliott - RB - Cowboys
The Dallas Morning News' David Moore reports Ezekiel Elliott and the NFL have "discussed the possibility of a settlement."

Moore reports there have been talks behind the scenes about a settlement in the past, but neither side was serious about negotiating. That changed when Judge Paul Crotty issued just a temporary restraining order earlier this week, adding even more uncertainty to an already uncertain situation. If the two sides do not come to an agreement, Judge Katherine Failla will decide on a preliminary injunction within the next couple weeks.:suds:

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status Update:

Zeke's suspension was suspended, but that suspension was suspended so Zeke was again suspended, but a Judge went on vacation so the re-suspension was suspended. The judge suspended his vacation to unsuspend the suspension so Zeke was re-suspended until an administrative ruling just now unsuspended the re-suspension until the next hearing to determine his suspension.

tl;dr, Zeke gets to play this weekend.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status Update:

Zeke's suspension was suspended, but that suspension was suspended so Zeke was again suspended, but a Judge went on vacation so the re-suspension was suspended. The judge suspended his vacation to unsuspend the suspension so Zeke was re-suspended until an administrative ruling just now unsuspended the re-suspension until the next hearing to determine his suspension.

tl;dr, Zeke gets to play this weekend.
:scratch:so status quo?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:so status quo?
pretty much. Zeke was supposed to start the Season suspended but has been able to kick the can down the road at least 9 weeks so far. If he can survive just one more week then the Hawks won't have to play against him.

:hope: