• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke's current state of suspension

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think the league would have to suspend him immediately if he withdrew his appeal. Now thatcwoukd mean his suspended without pay. If its a 8 week injury the team would be a roster spot short for the last two weeks.

Another thing... what if he keeps pushing this down the road and gets suspended later in the year and misses a playoff game. THat would hurt.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was in the Brady case also, but the higher courts strongly disagree. All this is just delaying the suspension.
Precedence has already been set. What a can of worms it would open up.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just serve the friggin 6 games and get it over with for Christsake
This is the week to start it. If the Cowboys can't beat SF without Zeke the season is kind of over anyway and we don't want this to go into next season. Just stop with the BS already
Even worse during the playoffs or the SB. That would be killer.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due processed in this case has been questioned by a Judge already if I'm not mistaken.

He only questioned if Zeke received a fair hearing. There has yet to be a judge to make a ruling stating the NFL Commissioner has too much power. In fact the original hearing was not about guilt or innocence but if Zeke received a fair hearing. This is the argument that will eventually get killed in the appellate courts due to precedence being set already via brady.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just serve the friggin 6 games and get it over with for Christsake
This is the week to start it. If the Cowboys can't beat SF without Zeke the season is kind of over anyway and we don't want this to go into next season. Just stop with the BS already

I've been saying this forever. He is going to serve this 6 game suspension no matter what. It is just a matter of when. Have a bad feeling it drags into next year and he misses the first 6 of the 2018 season.

Let's say if the Cowboys are 4-6 through 10 games, would someone advise him that hey this season isn't going anywhere, just serve your 6 games now?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this forever. He is going to serve this 6 game suspension no matter what. It is just a matter of when. Have a bad feeling it drags into next year and he misses the first 6 of the 2018 season.

Let's say if the Cowboys are 4-6 through 10 games, would someone advise him that hey this season isn't going anywhere, just serve your 6 games now?

At that point I'll flip sides and be on the serve now side.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. You have your hearing, you make your appeal and then you move on. The idea that 'if I don't fight it in court it's an admission of guilt' is stupid. Even if he wins in court (he won't) it will be irrelevant with regards to guilt vs innocence because that isn't what they are looking at. Going to court is just hurting him and his team and keeping this in the public eye even longer as it's discussed during games, in the media and on message boards just like it did with Brady. In the long run. his reputation will be worse off because of taking it to court, just like with Brady. How can anyone forget a year or year and a half saga and the ups and downs of whether or not and when will he be suspended???

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Naaaah, I think serving it to start 2018 would be the best news in Dallas....They are very much alive in the postseason hunt, with Rodgers done, their path to the SB just got much much easier, and than Dallas has all summer to prepare for his absence next year.....Id fight it to the death

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naaaah, I think serving it to start 2018 would be the best news in Dallas....They are very much alive in the postseason hunt, with Rodgers done, their path to the SB just got much much easier, and than Dallas has all summer to prepare for his absence next year.....Id fight it to the death

We'll see what happen the next few weeks. Schedule is pretty tough after SF. They could very well be 4-6 through 10 games.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only questioned if Zeke received a fair hearing. There has yet to be a judge to make a ruling stating the NFL Commissioner has too much power. In fact the original hearing was not about guilt or innocence but if Zeke received a fair hearing. This is the argument that will eventually get killed in the appellate courts due to precedence being set already via brady.

This has already been questioned by a judge......it's not a slam dunk at all. You should read the ruling in this case

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has already been questioned by a judge......it's not a slam dunk at all. You should read the ruling in this case

Yes it is a slam dunk. Zeke is going to serve his 6 game suspension. There is already a precedent based on the Brady ruling. it does not matter if it has been questioned by a judge or not it is a completed case and binding. Now I am not a lawyer so I could be completely full of shit but my understanding is that once a ruling has been made it is pretty much law and all cases of the same type are ruled based on that........again.....not a lawyer and could be completely wrong.

A judge questioning it really has no bearing. A large number of rulings have dissenting votes. In this case the NFLPA is not even arguing guilt or innocence. They are arguing if Zeke got a fair appeal or not. They are arguing it is not fair because they did not get to question the Commisioner or any of the people he had working on this particular. That is going to get shot down because it is not in the CBA where the union gets that right. On top of that Zeke had people submit affidavits on his behalf but refused to be interviewed by the league investigators. Now I am only joe blow citizen and I can see an argument there, surely the NFL's high priced attorneys will as well.

I personally think Goodell is a dickhead and I think he has entirely too much power of the NFL players. My point in all of this is that this was collectively bargained and ratified by the players. It does not matter if Zeke was around when it was ratified. He joined the union and is bound by the rules. Next time maybe the players will not be so stupid when the new CBA is negotiated.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is a slam dunk. Zeke is going to serve his 6 game suspension. There is already a precedent based on the Brady ruling. it does not matter if it has been questioned by a judge or not it is a completed case and binding. Now I am not a lawyer so I could be completely full of shit but my understanding is that once a ruling has been made it is pretty much law and all cases of the same type are ruled based on that........again.....not a lawyer and could be completely wrong.

A judge questioning it really has no bearing. A large number of rulings have dissenting votes. In this case the NFLPA is not even arguing guilt or innocence. They are arguing if Zeke got a fair appeal or not. They are arguing it is not fair because they did not get to question the Commisioner or any of the people he had working on this particular. That is going to get shot down because it is not in the CBA where the union gets that right. On top of that Zeke had people submit affidavits on his behalf but refused to be interviewed by the league investigators. Now I am only joe blow citizen and I can see an argument there, surely the NFL's high priced attorneys will as well.

I personally think Goodell is a dickhead and I think he has entirely too much power of the NFL players. My point in all of this is that this was collectively bargained and ratified by the players. It does not matter if Zeke was around when it was ratified. He joined the union and is bound by the rules. Next time maybe the players will not be so stupid when the new CBA is negotiated.

What you're missing is that if Zeke wins, and has twice already, precedent isn't set in stone.

Judicial review happens all the time. The Brady case isn't even what's being argued in this case, so it really doesn't apply.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll admit odds are long but it's not a slam dunk.
From the story in post 52

"
Says Judge Crotty, point blank: “That is quite wrong.”

He adds that the Brady case “did not hold that courts cannot review arbitral decisions for fundamental fairness,” and that the Brady ruling “did not decide that issue.”

This is significant, for two reasons. First, it underscores the fact that the question of whether an NFL player is entitled to “fundamental fairness” in an internal arbitration proceeding has not been resolved by the Second Court, the appeals court with jurisdiction over New York federal litigation. Second, Judge Crotty becomes the first judge in the Elliott case to deviate from the party lines of the president who nominated him.

It means that Elliott has an opening to prevail not only as to an injunction that would let him play for the rest of the year, but also as to an eventual ruling from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit on whether he is entitled to, and whether he received, a fundamentally fair hearing.

In English, Elliott actually has a chance to defeat the suspension."

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I read here is
"I'm a philly fan, hate dallas, am scared of dallas, will grasp at any straw I can to prove Elliott should be suspended so we don't have to face him"

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you're missing is that if Zeke wins, and has twice already, precedent isn't set in stone.

Judicial review happens all the time. The Brady case isn't even what's being argued in this case, so it really doesn't apply.

He hasn't actually won anything. He got a TRO so they can have a hearing to determine if he received a fair appeal or not. In other words....he is out on bail.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I read here is
"I'm a philly fan, hate dallas, am scared of dallas, will grasp at any straw I can to prove Elliott should be suspended so we don't have to face him"

Is this any different than "Im a Dallas fan so he is definitely innocent of all charges" ?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I read here is

Yes.....I am a Philly fan. Yes...I hate the Cowboys. I actually think they suck and am not scared of them. With or without Elliot right now the Eagles are the better team. I actually would prefer the Eagles play the Cowboys with Elliot. I think if you are going prove if you have what it takes you need to take on the best the other team has to offer.