• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ZeKe

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear I love all this talk about bounties. If there are still such things - how does Aaron Rodgers make it through a season. Biggest punk in the league.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if any targeting happens on Elliot then I could see our OL doing something nasty. Frederick can be brutal if he wants to be.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezekiel Elliott
In response to the latest reports that Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott could face a lengthy suspension, depending on what the NFL’s investigation into the domestic violence claims against him fines, Elliott’s attorney Frank Salzano said there’s “a mountain of exculpatory evidence demonstrating Mr. Elliott’s innocence.

Salzano added that the woman who accused Elliott made “false allegations” against him.

The media has chosen to deflect the recent negative press regarding the NFL’s reported mishandling of several domestic violence matters by focusing on the NFL’s prolonged investigation of Mr. Elliott,” Salzano said, via Pro Football Talk. “The NFL’s interview of Mr. Elliott was conducted over four weeks ago and went unreported at the time. As it was then, it still remains a non-story.

“We firmly believe that the NFL should promptly close its investigation which is only open because of their apprehensiveness stemming from the recent scrutiny it has come under for its handling of other domestic violence matters.”

Pretty much sums up what I had already thought in regards to this

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing there. too bad the refs kept elliot from getting 150 yards on the Phantom holding call on frederick. one of the worst calls I have seen. I hope we don't see that ref crew again this season

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing there. too bad the refs kept elliot from getting 150 yards on the Phantom holding call on frederick. one of the worst calls I have seen. I hope we don't see that ref crew again this season

They were about as shitty as they come for sure.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezekiel Elliott and accuser allegedly involved in another incident in February
Florida police were called to Elliott's apartment in February

When Ohio police were asked to investigate a domestic incident in July between Ezekiel Elliott and his ex-girlfriend, it wasn't the first time that cops had looked into a situation involving the former couple.

According to an incident report obtained by USA Today, the two also had an alleged altercation in February at Elliott's apartment in Florida.

During the Florida incident, Elliott told Aventura (Fla.) Police that a spat started when the woman "became angry over a social media incident and upset because she was asked to leave his apartment, and go back to Ohio."

Elliott was in Florida training for the NFL Draft. The former Ohio State running back says that the woman refused to leave, so he decided to lock himself in his room. The woman didn't want Elliott to lock himself in his room, so she grabbed him around the waist, and at that point, Elliot pushed her off.

After police investigated the incident, they found no signs of injury. Although the woman was told she could filed charges against Elliott, it appears that she decided not to. A spokesperson for the Miami-Dade State Attorney's office told USA Today that there's no record of the accuser filing chargers and that the case was never forwarded to the prosecutor's office for review.

In the incident report written by police, the woman didn't call herself Elliot's girlfriend, she said they were "friends with benefits."

The alleged February incident came five months before a second alleged incident between the two that occurred in Columbus, Ohio in July.

In the aftermath of that incident, the city attorney's office of Columbus announced in September that Elliott would not face any charges stemming from the incident. The attorney's office explained that it wouldn't be pressing charges "due to conflicting and inconsistent information" from Elliott's ex-girlfriend.

Despite the fact that there were no charges filed, Robert Tobias, the principal assistant city attorney in Columbus, told USA Today on Oct. 31 that it was his personal opinion that violence occurred between the two parties in July.

"For the Ezekiel Elliott matter, I personally believe that there were a series of interactions between Mr. Elliott and (his accuser) where violence occurred," Tobias wrote in an email. "However, given the totality of the circumstances, I could not firmly conclude exactly what happened."

The NFL is still investigating the July incident as part of its new domestic violence policy that can lead to a player being suspended for six games for a first offense. It's not known if the league is aware of the February incident. Under the league's policy, a player doesn't necessarily have to be formally charged with a crime to be punished by the NFL.

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported on Oct. 30 that Elliott could face a lengthy suspension if the NFL finds that he violated the domestic violence policy. The NFL interviewed Elliott in September. If NFL were to decide that Elliott was in the wrong, the league could suspend him for six games.

Elliott's lawyer, Frank Salzano, says that his client is innocent and that the only reason the league is dragging out the investigation is because they blew it in the Josh Brown incident.

"We remain firm that the NFL will clear Mr. Elliott of any wrongdoing and this matter can be finally put to rest," Salzano said in a statement released on Oct. 31."We firmly believe that the NFL should promptly close its investigation which is only open because of their apprehensiveness stemming from the recent scrutiny it has come under for its handling of other domestic violence matters."

Jerry Jones would also like to see the investigation be put to rest. After Dallas' 29-23 overtime win over Philadelphia on Sunday, the Cowboys owner said that he had been told the NFL didn't find any damaging information in the league investigation.

"People that have a lot more information than I have have given him a total clean bill of health," Jones said. "I do know that all the real information that anybody has is that he doesn't have an issue."

However, Jones did note that he doesn't necessarily expect the investigation to be completed anytime soon.

"I don't know that the NFL has a closure, has a situation where they've cut it close, which could be a frailty of the system," Jones said, via ESPN.com. "As you know in law, one of the things in the Constitution is that not only are you innocent before proven guilty, you get quick addressing and then you don't get it drawn out. It has certain time frames and has a lot of economic limitations. So we have to, in my mind, just make sure that we inject that in the type of looking for information that we do in the NFL.

"But law has many, if you will a couple 100 years at least, working on through how you basically create some timeframes, create how it's initiated, create what the circumstances are about. And several which pertain to the NFL and companies, they don't necessarily have to go by that. We have a different deal though. We're so public and our issues are so public that we don't afford some of the things for some of the players, other people involved in the NFL, that the law does."

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the day approaching where Pro Players can't even look at a women, and if they do so have every moment audio tapped as a minimum?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the day approaching where Pro Players can't even look at a women, and if they do so have every moment audio tapped as a minimum?

That day is long gone my friend. Early early 90's when some of our Boys were accused and it was so totally false.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, even if you want to say Zeke is 100% innocent, It seems clear there were some poor decisions made here. I'll admit I have no friggin clue what did or didn't happen and am not interested in following it until something comes out telling me I should...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, even if you want to say Zeke is 100% innocent, It seems clear there were some poor decisions made here. I'll admit I have no friggin clue what did or didn't happen and am not interested in following it until something comes out telling me I should...
I don't know if he's innocent or not, but I can see money grabs in the future. I think the NFL needs to let law enforcement and the courts do thier investigation and if they have nothing to charge them with call it done, unless there's something like the Rice video out there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he's innocent or not, but I can see money grabs in the future. I think the NFL needs to let law enforcement and the courts do thier investigation and if they have nothing to charge them with call it done, unless there's something like the Rice video out there.
Agree

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That day is long gone my friend. Early early 90's when some of our Boys were accused and it was so totally false.
But those false accusations weren't being re-investigated by the NFL after the police were done.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Johnson hints that Ezekiel Elliott might be better than Emmitt Smith
The Cowboys rookie running back might be better than the NFL's all-time leading rusher

Ezekiel Elliott has been so good through the first 11 games of his rookie season that he might just be better than Emmitt Smith. That's not just crazy talk either, that's coming from someone who probably actually knows: Jimmy Johnson.

During a recent interview on Speak For Yourself, Johnson was asked if he thought Elliott was already better than Smith ever was from a "skill-wise" standpoint.

The short answer: Yes.

"Norv Turner and I were talking about this a couple of days ago," Johnson said on the Fox Sports show. "Elliott's bigger, stronger, maybe even a step faster than Emmitt Smith, but they're both very similar. I think, you know, Ezekiel Elliott is a more powerful runner. He runs over people. Both of 'em can make people miss, so you don't really get a big shot on 'em. But Elliott will take on tacklers, whereas, you know, Emmitt never did this."

That's a pretty strong statement coming from Johnson, who won two Super Bowls during his five years in Dallas. However, the former Cowboys coach did give Smith the edge in two categories: Longevity and vision.

"Emmitt Smith had longevity. In professional football, running backs don't last very long. Emmitt Smith was the exception," Johnson said. "He lasted a long time, and he played at a high level for a long time."

Of course, there's no reason Elliott can't last as long as Smith did as long he continues to stay healthy.

As for the vision thing, Johnson pointed out that Elliott has a better offensive line in front of him, which means Smith had to have better vision to get through holes.

"Emmitt might have been a little bit better vision-wise, but I really don't think the power of the talent in front of him, the offensive line, was as good as the power in [Elliott's] line," Johnson said. "This line is a bigger, stronger group than what had with the Cowboys."

Comparing a running back who played for 15 years (Smith) to a running back who's only played for 11 games (Elliott) isn't exactly easy, so here's a more apples-to-apples comparison.

Through 11 games, Elliott has 1,199 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns. Through the first 11 games of his rookie year (1990), Smith had 522 yards and four touchdowns. Smith finished that 1990 season with 937 yards and was named rookie of the year. The Cowboys would end up finishing 7-9 during Smith's rookie year.

Elliott is currently on pace for 1,744 yards in 2016, a number that Smith only topped once during his entire 13 year career in Dallas.

Pretty strong by JJ

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy always has an opinion that's why some love him and others hate him but the guy knows football players

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he said isn't wrong. But, a stop watch and a bench press don't determine who si the best. Did he say he thought Elliott was better? I didn't see him say that. Emmitt had heart and all the intangibles. He was a Football player. Bo Jackson was stronger and faster than both. I don't see him on top of the all time rushing leader list...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he said isn't wrong. But, a stop watch and a bench press don't determine who si the best. Did he say he thought Elliott was better? I didn't see him say that. Emmitt had heart and all the intangibles. He was a Football player. Bo Jackson was stronger and faster than both. I don't see him on top of the all time rushing leader list...
first off granted there's no direct quote on who he says is better, but he does say Elliot does a lot of things better, now he also says Zekes OL is better, but I remember 8 foot wide holes for Emmitt and thus far I haven't seen that for Zeke. Maybe the DLs faced are better too, that does seem to be the trend with fitness and nutrition. Who knows what Emmitt eould be like if he were a 22 year old today.
As for Bo, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say his injury stole his career, I'd can only wonder what kind of numbers he could have put up.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a proper Bo comparison. I remember Jonathan Stewart coming out of Oregon. He was asked what back he most resembled. His answer Bo Jackson. Lol

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with Jim my about the OL. but of course LA came after he left. other tHan that he was somewhat accurate. zeke still has good vision, but appears to be two steps faster than emmitt. elliot game speed is underrated