• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zamboni Driver Helps Save Players Life

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Duluth News Tribune, Rich Mertz, 33, was skating at the Amsoil Arena last Thursday when "in a total freak accident" a friend's skate sliced through his cheek and cut two arteries. His friends tried to shove ice into the wound, but blood continued to pump out. He was moved to a hallway … and that's when Thomas Lund and Aaron Hinnenkamp, the arena's Zamboni drivers, sprung to action.

Read more:

Here

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to the Duluth News Tribune, Rich Mertz, 33, was skating at the Amsoil Arena last Thursday when "in a total freak accident" a friend's skate sliced through his cheek and cut two arteries. His friends tried to shove ice into the wound, but blood continued to pump out. He was moved to a hallway … and that's when Thomas Lund and Aaron Hinnenkamp, the arena's Zamboni drivers, sprung to action.

Read more:

Here

You had to set it up and get me hooked only to have to click the link anyway? dick

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And go get the full full story, you have to click another link after clicking the above link.

This is the inception of zamboni driver stories

Sorry I didnt read the full full story so I didnt notice the other link.

I thought the rule for posting a story was a paragraph followed by the link. I didnt mean to be a messageboard tease.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just don't know what to say about Daniel's comment at the bottom.

0 users liked this comment Please sign in to rate this comment up. Please sign in to rate this comment down. 0 users disliked this comment Daniel 22 hours ago Report Abuse

I use to be a zamboni driver (though not an accurate term as Zamboni is a brand name. I actually was a Olympia driver where I worked) and saw my fair share of freak accidents and even a death (heart attack). All full-time personal at hockey rinks are trained in first aid and AED's. The craziest thing was the night of the heart attack (my 2nd one actually, the first one the guy came back with the use of the AED). After being out for 30minutes, everyone knew he was dead. After he was loaded into the ambulance, I walked up to the guys playing (it was a league) and said "Well obviously this game is over but you still have two more games to play. Are you going to?" They said yes, I hoped on the machine, did my flood and finished my work. It's a weird thing being a rink attendant because you can literally go from watching someone die, to flooding the ice and then snaking a toilet.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel's comment was a little different, that's for sure, but check out the comment posted by Gary S:

everyone who works in this kind of enviorment should have this sort of training, just like the hymlik in a resteraunt

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...Meh. I'm laughing.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel's comment was a little different, that's for sure, but check out the comment posted by Gary S:

everyone who works in this kind of enviorment should have this sort of training, just like the hymlik in a resteraunt

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...Meh. I'm laughing.

Lol. I agree restaurants should stock whole milk.

The story was pretty cool.