• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zaire claims he's going to beat out Golson for starting job

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Malik Zaire believes he will beat out Everett Golson to become Notre Dame's starting quarterback this fall.

"Without a doubt. There will only be one guy starting on Aug. 30th against Rice at Notre Dame Stadium, there will only be one guy out on the field, and I believe that will be me," he said.

Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly isn't ready to hand Zaire the job ahead of Golson, who helped the Irish go 12-1 and get to the BCS national championship game in 2012 before being suspended from school for the 2013 season. But Kelly also isn't ready to give the job to Golson either, saying it's an open competition.
Malik Zaire believes he'll win starting quarterback job for Notre Dame Fighting Irish - ESPN

I'm a little concerned this is just setting one of them up to transfer.

I also believe Golson is going to win this job. Love the confidence though.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One might transfer but Zaire should keep calm if he doesn't win the position. He will still have 3 years to play.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds familiar. Kelly has to have a talk with his players about this kind of crap. It's up to him as coach to point out how things have to go. He has to point what happened last year and has to learn how to manage these types of things better. No way in hell Kiel should have been transferring. He should have explained to the kid how he was just one play or one bad decision away from being the starter at Notre Dame.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait for the spring game.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Golson were to transfer, I think it might use up the rest of his eligibility.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EG is going nowhere...a person can only play college ball for so long.

Zaire is going nowhere either and is not going to be the starter...hope he plays a lot this year though, in blowouts. What else is he supposed to say? I'd be more worried about Blake Barnett if I were him.

jooo83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds familiar. Kelly has to have a talk with his players about this kind of crap. It's up to him as coach to point out how things have to go. He has to point what happened last year and has to learn how to manage these types of things better. No way in hell Kiel should have been transferring. He should have explained to the kid how he was just one play or one bad decision away from being the starter at Notre Dame.

How do you know he didn't try to explain that? Kiel doesn't seem like the most decisive person.