• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zack Darlington

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manziel 2.0

His film is highly entertaining. Lotta trick plays, lotta motions, lotta circus throws, even an underhanded throw for a touchdown.

That was a nice video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I have seen Darlington in person a handful of times and have reviewed his film. From that, I produced his scouting report a few months ago. Darlington is a smart, savvy quarterback who makes plays with his feet and his arm. Nebraska fans could think of him as a slightly less athletic Taylor Martinez, but with much, much better ability to throw the ball, and a greater feel for the game with fewer dumb decisions."

Zack Darlington commits to Nebraska: Huskers land star quarterback recruit - SBNation.com

I LOL'd.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My twitter page is inundated with Darlington tweets right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, cuz the Huskers have never recruited Florida before.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, cuz the Huskers have never recruited Florida before.

That's not what the implication was.

Darlington is state champ at the highest level and has a serious rep. When he calls other fellow potential recruits and tells them he wants to throw to them or block for him etc., they will listen.

Just like Terrell Newby listened when Johnny Stanton called him up.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically this gives us an "in" on recruits who might not otherwise have given us a serious look before Darlington gave his verbal.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job husker staff video looks nice offense is almost like beck left a play book in Florida haha

I wouldn't say manziel he showed more power strength run wise can we say Andrew luck with more speed ?? That too much of a stretch? Or no?

Gotta say I saw some plays Nebraska should run ESP with zo turner n bell.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what the implication was.

Darlington is state champ at the highest level and has a serious rep. When he calls other fellow potential recruits and tells them he wants to throw to them or block for him etc., they will listen.

Just like Terrell Newby listened when Johnny Stanton called him up.

Ya think?

Still waiting for the sarcasm smiley.......

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TA Johnny and zack soon that what's up!

Now defense!!

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched video. Another tick faster and he would be perfect.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I sure hope this kid wears Husker Red.

Reminds me of Frost when he runs. Strong runner, makes people miss, and reads blocks well.

However he's got the natural throwing motion, quick release, strong arm, good touch, and good pocket presence. For a junior he looks like the total package dual threat.

I also like that having Armstrong and Stanton here didn't scare him off. Unless Taylor gets hurt this season and the #2 gets a bunch of starts, these 3 will be going into 2014 fall camp pretty much even regarding game experience.

I think you can bank he'll be getting more offers so I hope we can hang on to him.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was trying to judge that as well.

How fast was Frost? I don't remember.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D wins the big games, if u want to play in the big boy sand box, u better have it

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reminds me of Frost when he runs. Strong runner, makes people miss, and reads blocks well.

However he's got the natural throwing motion, quick release, strong arm, good touch, and good pocket presence. For a junior he looks like the total package dual threat.

I also like that having Armstrong and Stanton here didn't scare him off. Unless Taylor gets hurt this season and the #2 gets a bunch of starts, these 3 will be going into 2014 fall camp pretty much even regarding game experience.

I think you can bank he'll be getting more offers so I hope we can hang on to him.

Lol wait till mid senior season every big spread schools will be swarming to him... Tired of these other schools using Nebraska like some scout party to find diamond in the rough players .

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why I thought that sbnation eval was spot on.

A slower looking Martinez with more refined passing ability and decision making. Their frame is similar. Same height, but Taylor with longer legs and Zack with a longer upper body.

He is a perfect fit in terms of scheme. His father is a Husker fan and his head coach. They actually break down all-22 film of Nebraska and copy plays if you couldn't tell.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol wait till mid senior season every big spread schools will be swarming to him... Tired of these other schools using Nebraska like some scout party to find diamond in the rough players .

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D wins the big games, if u want to play in the big boy sand box, u better have it

I agree with what you're saying, but Michigan St has had outstanding defenses and where has it gotten them? They've lacked the offense to get to the next level.

Similar to Nebraska in 2009.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better bring some O to that box to....

Best defense under Bo still had 4 losses

And narduzzi at msu is a freaking beast d wise too and gets no love nationwide.

My two cents balance.