• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yzerman needs to adjust deadline approach

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I think Yzerman has done a great job since he become the Lightning GM I think his approach of the trading deadline to buy rather than sell is rather stupid. I understand if he wants to make a "good hockey trade" e.g a top 6 forward for a top 4 dman but other than that I think we should be looking to add pieces for the future rather than right now. Yzerman still thinks this team is a playoff team, I beg to differ. We just lost three crucial divisional games that I think has just defined our season, our percentage to make the playoffs now stands at 3.7% therefore we need to sell.

Bishop needs to be moved, he's not going to be a part of the organization after this season so might as well, same with Boyle as well. As Todd said in the other post a deal that makes sense would be Palat for Vatanen, I would like to see that happen

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems strange that a team that had two really successful seasons
is crumbling before our eyes.
We have gone right into a rebuilding stage.
Stamkos,Kucherov,Drouin,Point , Killorn & Hedman are our keepers
possibly Vasi, the rest you can pick up anywhere.
Feb. we have 6 games with Western teams 1 against Ott and six days
in a row where we have off.
I dought I'll see another season because of my health, that's why this one
hurts so much. Hope for the best guys.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh crap bolt, hope all is okay dude? Hang in their my friend.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally wouldn't call it a rebuild bolt, I would say more of a retool. This team core is one of the best in the NHL hence the success the last couple of seasons. The lightning have a core to be successful for years, they just to need to find the final pieces to the puzzle and starts with getting a top 4 dman

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolt, my prayers are for you my friend!
As far as the Lightning, I think we should keep Bishop. He seems to be the only "winning" net-minder the team has on it'so roster. I know it's a bit tardy, now that we have signed guys like Stamkos but it's my opinion. Truthfully, I would not have re-signed Stamkos to that sort of contract that they negotiated. #1, he never proved himself after his broken leg injury. This year started looking great for him, first since that injury but yet another injury to what seems to be just another injury prone player has him sitting out the dances. Bishop is another injury prone player but clearly their best net-minder. Hedman, another injury prone player does play outstanding offense from a defense position. What this team needs badly is a 1) Conditioning Coach 2) to weed out the injury prone players and 3) the addition 2-3 "real" defensemen!
This team has the offensive skills already, even minus Stamkos but they don't have the mindset to win. Lack-luster play does not win Cups! This boils down to yes, Old Chompy. They need a Coach that is "No bullshit", "hard-nosed", "no excuses" kind of Coach. The players that whine about him (like they did withTorts) should be benched until they comply or be sent down the road, period! Look at where Torts has brought Columbus. But this team cried that he was too harsh. Wimps, this team is full of wimps. Excuse grabbers, looking for excuses of why they lost instead of looking for reasons of how they won without their so-called great and injury prone team captain. That's my 2 cents guys :2cents:

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightning out shoot Ducks 37-16. Bernier did a great job in net and the posts
held up also. Win 3-2, In SO. We should lose these games and go for a high draft pick.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolt, my prayers are for you my friend!
As far as the Lightning, I think we should keep Bishop. He seems to be the only "winning" net-minder the team has on it'so roster. I know it's a bit tardy, now that we have signed guys like Stamkos but it's my opinion. Truthfully, I would not have re-signed Stamkos to that sort of contract that they negotiated. #1, he never proved himself after his broken leg injury. This year started looking great for him, first since that injury but yet another injury to what seems to be just another injury prone player has him sitting out the dances. Bishop is another injury prone player but clearly their best net-minder. Hedman, another injury prone player does play outstanding offense from a defense position. What this team needs badly is a 1) Conditioning Coach 2) to weed out the injury prone players and 3) the addition 2-3 "real" defensemen!
This team has the offensive skills already, even minus Stamkos but they don't have the mindset to win. Lack-luster play does not win Cups! This boils down to yes, Old Chompy. They need a Coach that is "No bullshit", "hard-nosed", "no excuses" kind of Coach. The players that whine about him (like they did withTorts) should be benched until they comply or be sent down the road, period! Look at where Torts has brought Columbus. But this team cried that he was too harsh. Wimps, this team is full of wimps. Excuse grabbers, looking for excuses of why they lost instead of looking for reasons of how they won without their so-called great and injury prone team captain. That's my 2 cents guys :2cents:

There's no way we can keep Bish due to our cap situation. Going into the Ducks game Bishop and Vasi had played the exact games with the both of them having the exact same record and Vasi have slightly a better G.A.A and SV%. In regards to Stamkos i think he's every bit worth of the contract considering how this season's panned out, not only do they miss his play but most importantly his leadership. I personally wouldn't consider him injury prone, his had 2 different knee related injuries in 4 years. In regards to Stamkos play, his consistently put up good stats and before his injury this season he was playing his best hockey of his career. Has Stamkos ever captured his form when he scored 50/60 goals? No but in today's NHL it's an achievement to score 50 goals, I'm guessing Crosby will be the only one to score 50 goals this season and he's the best player in the world, playing for the team who has the best group of forwards in the NHL. When Stamkos had his career years, he had an hall of famer passing him the puck, since that time probably Kucherov has been the most skilled winger he has played with and that being this season, when he was playing his best hockey, I also think Kucherov hasn't been the same player since Stamkos went down, think he's stats show that. I think at the time of Stammer's injury they were both top 5 in the NHL for points. I also don't see how Hedman is injury prone?

In regards to Cooper, I believe he's one of the best coaches in the NHL. Throughout his career he's had success where ever he has been including at the NHL level, this down year has more to do with the personnel than the coaching staff. Let's start with the goaltending, not been as good as year's past, especially Bish who is the proven and more established goalie out of the two. Defensively that amount of sloppy turnovers has been horrific, look no further than Coburn's hash last night that lead to the Ducks first goal. Has Cooper done anything? Well Koekkoek has been demoted on several occasions, Nesterov has been traded and Sustr has been healthy scratched on multiple occasions. The personally needs upgrading hence why your asking for 2-3 real defenseman, I personally think we need a couple. Offensively, we haven't been as clinic as years past, doesn't help with all the injuries we have including missing our most prolific goal scorer. In my opinion Cooper has tried all he can, in terms of sitting people when necessary, changing the lines/pairings around etc. Sure this team hasn't responded and that isn't a good sign but I wouldn't get shut of him based off the success he's had plus as I say I put this year down to personnel more than coaching. This team needs to be retooled and have a nice long summer of much needed rest, something they haven't had the last couple of years and go again next year.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Danny! Type in your Google, "Hedman stats". He started for the Bolts in the 2009-2010 season. Last I checked, there's 82 games in a season. Look at his "games played" each season. He has never played all games. He gets injured every year my friend. How is this "not" injury prone???

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stamkos has been injured 4 seasons out of 9 played, by the way.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Danny! Type in your Google, "Hedman stats". He started for the Bolts in the 2009-2010 season. Last I checked, there's 82 games in a season. Look at his "games played" each season. He has never played all games. He gets injured every year my friend. How is this "not" injury prone???

I think that's a high standard to be honest, I bet 3 quarters of the players in the league possibly more miss at least a game every season, does that make them injury prone. Hedman has missed 3 games this season with flu.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stamkos has been injured 4 seasons out of 9 played, by the way.

So he's played more seasons that what he's had injured and he's had two unrelated knee injuries and a freak blood clot which could happen to anyone which also happened to Vasi. Can't even remember the other injury?

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, JT next to go. He fights too much. We could have had a more physical team with the likes of Cally, Gudas and JT but I guess we would rather have figure skaters shaking their asses for the crowd. They certainly never shoot the puck enough, just look to pass the puck. Once in a blue moon, we get a game like we had against LA. Not too often that they show their talent. Maybe the Lightning need to look at the Olympic men's figure skaters for prospects! :2cents::trash: