• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

youth football

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far so good. he's made it through a week of practices, he only cried because his mom forgot to give him asthma medicine yesterday.

asthma is rough in this heat. My son who played the past 4 years has it, and we never knew until he started playing football. Activity induced asthma is what he has.

He worked out with me for about 2 months before football a year ago. He was in great condition. We got out there and in the 1st set of sprints and such, he was blowing hard, and near tears. I couldn't figure it out, but then I heard him wheezing, and I knew right away that he had some type of asthma. Had the wife take him to the Dr and he got an inhanler and he was pretty much good after that, but when the heat rises, he struggles no matter what. That thick air is just hard enough to breathe for people without issues, let alone for those who do.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, after the first game, not sure what I was worried about. he played safety and never even touched a player on the other team until it was time to say "good game". They were not prepared though.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far, into this adventure, I've decided that first grade football is absolutely f'ing retarded.

yea, I don't care if he ever plays another down of football.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far, into this adventure, I've decided that first grade football is absolutely f'ing retarded.

yea, I don't care if he ever plays another down of football.

HA HA HA...yeah.

I'm helping coach 1st graders this year with the guy who used to coach my son the past 4 years.

We have 4 or 5 kids that are pretty big and all love to hit and play. We've been destroying teams because, usually at most, they have 1 or two good players...and we have 5. Makes all the difference in the world at this age.

I've been impressed, though, with this team and how well they play. I thought it would be really rough dropping down after doing older kids the past 4 years, but it's been a nice transition thanks to having a team that actually plays football and not just runs around all over the field.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting sick of the pushing in the back.

every practice he comes out after getting pushed in the back, at least once or twice a pracitce.
It's a cluster-f***, he hardly gets to play in the games anyhow, so its kind of a waste of time, he's not learning how to do anything right, so I'm done with it when he is.