• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You're GM Of The Knicks, Who Do You Hire?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Hahn and Humpty of ESPN NY have been talking about a video of Tommy Thibs that showed him running parts of the triangle offense and that he should be the number 1 choice for the Knicks. But they also said, give Rambis till the end of the year, and see how they do and he could end up getting an extension. We'll see.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally I thought Phil would not choose Thibs. I thought Phil would want someone who he could control more ... or have more influence over. (like Fisher)

BUT ... I wonder if Phil is thinking that maybe he would join Jeannie with Lakers in a year or so. If so, it would be easier to justify leaving if he had someone strong as coach -- who could assume the role of the face of the franchise.

If so, watch Knicks-Lakers trades over the next few months to ensure they are balanced. (I'm joking .... unless it happens)

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's 70 years old, his fiance lives on the West Coast, he has shown no interest in being a HC anymore. The list goes on and on.
The topic of this thread was who I'd pick and not if you think he's too old or dicking his girlfriend on the West Coast.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The topic of this thread was who I'd pick and not if you think he's too old or dicking his girlfriend on the West Coast.

No, the fact that Fisher earlier this year asked him to show up more often and that he said he'd never coach again takes him as far from the argument as saying Bill Cosby should be their choice. Ok. Got it. Now back to reality options.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Dude...give it a rest. He's not gonna appoint, or "hire" himself.

C'mon man!!
Why not? According to most Lakers fans he's the greatest NBA coach of all time. :D

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the fact that Fisher earlier this year asked him to show up more often and that he said he'd never coach again takes him as far from the argument as saying Bill Cosby should be their choice. Ok. Got it. Now back to reality options.
You are free to pick your own coach without any negative response from me. Aren't opinions wonderful?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are free to pick your own coach without any negative response from me. Aren't opinions wonderful?

Oh yeah I agree fully... and if I made a moronic choice, I bet and hope as part of the conversation people would call me out on it. I fully agree I have my freedom to my opinion. And if it adds nothing or is just awful, people have their freedom to opine on that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah I agree fully... and if I made a moronic choice, I bet and hope as part of the conversation people would call me out on it. I fully agree I have my freedom to my opinion. And if it adds nothing or is just awful, people have their freedom to opine on that.
I don't consider my pick moronic. I think it's great to think outside the box.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally I thought Phil would not choose Thibs. I thought Phil would want someone who he could control more ... or have more influence over. (like Fisher)

BUT ... I wonder if Phil is thinking that maybe he would join Jeannie with Lakers in a year or so. If so, it would be easier to justify leaving if he had someone strong as coach -- who could assume the role of the face of the franchise.

If so, watch Knicks-Lakers trades over the next few months to ensure they are balanced. (I'm joking .... unless it happens)

So Sacre for Porzingis wouldn't be balanced?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should just hire Bill Laimbeer. He is already coaching winning basketball in NYC.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant that in the context of a PG being a great passer with the vision needed for the triangle to succeed, as well as being a 3 pt. threat....that the Knicks currently do not possess. Paxson & Kerr had those qualities...which opened up the floor for their other teammates....whenever they were within the offense.

None of Jackson's championship teams had even an average point guard. The Bulls started Paxson, B.J. Armstrong and Ron Harper at 1 during their championship years. Harper was not a floor spacer.

In fact, the triangle is known for being an offense that you don't need a point guard to run because of its reliance on team ball movement and spacing. In theory, any player can be your focal point from any position within the offense.

It is also true, however, that Jackson did not win those titles because of the triangle. He won them because he had Jordan, Pippen, Shaq and Kobe. Many other teams have tried to run it over the years, none have been successful. Great players make any offense look good. The Knicks don't have great players. I think it is likely true that Jackson would like to see his next coach implement the triangle, but that is kind of silly. No coach is going to duplicate Jackson's success in NY, so he should not try to force them to run his offense.