• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your World Series?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have the most power and best defense in the MLB for 2 years running now. What's not to like. Long balls and web gems.

If you don't like watching the O's you don't like baseball.

Yeah ok. If you like watching the o's you dont like baseball. See, I can do that too. Fans are annoying when they try to say someone else isnt a fan because they disagree with their assessment. Everyone has different reasons to watch baseball. I find I'm drawn to great pitching personally. The o's are boring.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO people should like watching the Orioles for no other reason than they aren't the Red Sox or Yankees or any other team that's been dominating for 2 decades! Fresh meat is always good!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO people should like watching the Orioles for no other reason than they aren't the Red Sox or Yankees or any other team that's been dominating for 2 decades! Fresh meat is always good!

I like the orioles but find them boring. I would much rather see the orioles and jays compete.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orioles are good. Pirates not so much.

Would like the Os or Angels to represent.

always

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ok. If you like watching the o's you dont like baseball. See, I can do that too. Fans are annoying when they try to say someone else isnt a fan because they disagree with their assessment. Everyone has different reasons to watch baseball. I find I'm drawn to great pitching personally. The o's are boring.

You differ from the majority of fans. Most people love long balls and web gems. And the O's are 3 in the AL in run prevention. Only 2 teams give up fewer runs in the league so that speaks to their pitching.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting pool of teams. AL looks like a crapshoot- too many variables for teams that too closely packed- if the A's pull it together, I will pick them up again regardless of probable WC status. All three AL division leaders play top shelf defense. Depending on your view of defense, the games top two (which is better is somewhat up to debate and has been for a couple of years now) defenses as of right now would meet in the Royals and O's.

Dark horse in the AL would be the Mariners if they can go into October with some momentum offensively. Pitching can cause serious damage single handedly- period.

Since I think the A's are just too good to stay down for too long, I will pick them out of the AL. The NL is a coinflip for me between the Nationals and Dodgers- slight nod to the Nationals for me. Two pretty evenly matched clubs outside of the sledgehammer in Kershaw- but I would be being disingenuous if I didn't mention how Span is playing at the moment along with others.

Dark horse from the NL would be the Braves (if they even made it) just because of the streaky nature of their offense- what if it IS hot in October? In the meantime though, the Braves might be some convoluted experiment on what happens if you stack hitters with high K%'s.

Nats over A's in 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals/Mariners vs Brewers.

Royals because they haven't made the playoffs since I was 4. Alex Gordon needs national attention. Their bullpen is absurd. They added Josh Willingham. Jason Vargas was the best FA addition nobody cared about. Sal Perez should be a household name in states that aren't shaped like a box. And Billy Butler needs to break in his mitt. And...... those baby blues. Just hope they can sell tickets if they make it.

Seatle because every Ms fan screams and whines about Jack Z, and still would even if the franchise somehow found its way into a WS....... finally. Also be interesting to see if King Felix could rise to the occasion. And..... if you don't like Fernando Rodney you have a different opinion than I do.

The Brewers because, well, they sorta play indoors. It's cold over there that time of year. And did anyone outside of Wisconsin think they had a chance at the playoffs before the season? Plus, Ive always been a fan of Aramis Ramirez, Yovanni and KRod. LuCroy is alright in my book as well. Wily Peraltas cool too. And Kyle Lohse getting overpaid wasnt all that bad of an idea afterall. And they're still an AL team in my mind, which is nice.

(Not really anything I like about the Os. Markakis being an exception. And Andrew Miller. Always will love that guy. But NY is basically a playoff bye for Detroit. Im hoping Girardi pulls off a miracle.)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals/Mariners vs Brewers.

Royals because they haven't made the playoffs since I was 4. Alex Gordon needs national attention. Their bullpen is absurd. They added Josh Willingham. Jason Vargas was the best FA addition nobody cared about. Sal Perez should be a household name in states that aren't shaped like a box. And Billy Butler needs to break in his mitt. And...... those baby blues. Just hope they can sell tickets if they make it.

Seatle because every Ms fan screams and whines about Jack Z, and still would even if the franchise somehow found its way into a WS....... finally. Also be interesting to see if King Felix could rise to the occasion. And..... if you don't like Fernando Rodney you have a different opinion than I do.

The Brewers because, well, they sorta play indoors. It's cold over there that time of year. And did anyone outside of Wisconsin think they had a chance at the playoffs before the season? Plus, Ive always been a fan of Aramis Ramirez, Yovanni and KRod. LuCroy is alright in my book as well. Wily Peraltas cool too. And Kyle Lohse getting overpaid wasnt all that bad of an idea afterall. And they're still an AL team in my mind, which is nice.

(Not really anything I like about the Os. Markakis being an exception. And Andrew Miller. Always will love that guy. But NY is basically a playoff bye for Detroit. Im hoping Girardi pulls off a miracle.)

I, and a good portion of the Royals fanbase, have a similar relationship with Dayton Moore.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You differ from the majority of fans. Most people love long balls and web gems. And the O's are 3 in the AL in run prevention. Only 2 teams give up fewer runs in the league so that speaks to their pitching.[/

Besides adam jones and zach britton I dont find any other player exciting. The rotation 1-5 has all been solid but theres nobody thats spectacular. The same can be said offensively. Every other team in the AL has players I would love to see in the WS. Gordon, ventura, duffy, davis and holland in KC. Vmart, miggy, scherzer, price in det, lester, gray, samardzija, donaldson in oakland, trout in LA, felix and the entire mariners rotation would be exciting..well theres one team that would be more boring than baltimore, thats the yankees. If tanaka wa playing, I would rather see the yanks. Anyhow IM not saying I dont like the orioles (I do), I wouldnt mind seeing them in the WS, but I wouldnt find it exciting.

I would also like to see britton back in the rotation, I think he can be an ace.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the O's and Nats play in the WS, the winner should get all rights to MASN for a year.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the O's and Nats play in the WS, the winner should get all rights to MASN for a year.

Fuck that BS. The Nats wouldn't even be in DC if it weren't for the Orioles owner letting them have a team.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that BS. The Nats wouldn't even be in DC if it weren't for the Orioles owner letting them have a team.

Angelos let that happen simply because he was able to make a ton of money off of it. Let's not get the impression that he did it out of the goodness of his heart.
In 2005, MLB and Angelos worked out a deal allowing the Nationals to operate in D.C. in exchange for a new local TV deal that overwhelmingly favored the Orioles. In July 2006, the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network launched a full-time sports programming slate headlined by O’s and Nats games. The terms dictated that each franchise would receive the same amount in rights fees, but that Baltimore would control a 90 percent share of MASN and any MASN-owned spinoff networks at the start; the Nationals would pick up an additional 1 percent stake each year after an initial two-year wait, until eventually reaching a 33 percent cap. Angelos got his lopsided deal, while the Nationals, who play in the nation’s seventh-biggest market, got screwed.

http://grantland.com/features/baltimore-orioles-offseason-spending-al-east/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ugh-to-let-the-district-have-a-baseball-team/

Last edited by a moderator:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have liked to see the Brewers reach the WS this year. Now, it doesn't even look like they will make a WC.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have liked to see the Brewers reach the WS this year. Now, it doesn't even look like they will make a WC.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

When were the Brewers mighty? :noidea:

What if the Brewers don't make it, who would you like to see Packerz?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When were the Brewers mighty? :noidea:

What if the Brewers don't make it, who would you like to see Packerz?

Maybe not "mighty. But a team that lead their division for the better portion of 4 months figured to at least still be in the playoff hunt.

I'd like to see the Pirates vs Orioles in the WS.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not "mighty. But a team that lead their division for the better portion of 4 months figured to at least still be in the playoff hunt.

I'd like to see the Pirates vs Orioles in the WS.

You might have noticed the OP.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not impressed with the NL this year. The playoffs in the AL might be more exciting than the WS unless someone gets hot.