• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Top Ten After Week 1

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine....

1. Texas A&M
2. FSU
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma
5. Oregon
6. Auburn
7. Georgia
8. Michigan State
9. tOSU
10. LSU (dependent upon how Baylor plays today)
-------
Clemson gave Georgia trouble as did Wisky gave LSU trouble so I wouldn't have either in the top 10 yet---I'd put Stanford/Baylor in there.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Clemson gave Georgia trouble as did Wisky gave LSU trouble so I wouldn't have either in the top 10 yet---I'd put Stanford/Baylor in there.

Looked to me like Georgia beat the living dog shit out of Clemson.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams without depth often hang for the 1st half. Teams that lack depth get killed in the 2nd half.

LSU opened up on Wisconsin in the 2nd half because the Wisconsin line was out. Then the holes were huge.

Clemson couldn't stop the Georgia running game late in game. Again, a matter of depth.

That's just football folks.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams without depth often hang for the 1st half. Teams that lack depth get killed in the 2nd half.

LSU opened up on Wisconsin in the 2nd half because the Wisconsin line was out. Then the holes were huge.

Clemson couldn't stop the Georgia running game late in game. Again, a matter of depth.

I've got LSU just outside the top 10. They'll have an opportunity to work their way in there.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
I'm guessing you didn't really watch the UGa Clemson game.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holding Clempsen to 1 first down and 15 yards in the entire second half says something, too. Its been a long time since we've seen that type of second half adjustment.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holding Clempsen to 1 first down and 15 yards in the entire second half says something, too. Its been a long time since we've seen that type of second half adjustment.

It says they quit! :rollseyes:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Florida State
2. Auburn
3. Oregon
4. Oklahoma
5. Alabama
6. Michigan State
7. Notre Dame
8. Baylor
9. Georgia
10. Stanford

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Florida State
2. Auburn
3. Oregon
4. Oklahoma
5. Alabama
6. Michigan State
7. Notre Dame
8. Baylor
9. Georgia
10. Stanford

WTF

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't even possibly begin to rank any teams after 1 week to be honest.

Like I said, Georgia looked as impressive as anyone to me. We will find out a good deal over the next few weeks and then I'll have a good idea.

For instance, FSU did not look like the #1 team in the country last night......but I think they probably are.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one was real impressive this weekend except for Georgia from what I remember. Auburn looks like they need work. Bama needs work. FSU did not impress me at all. OU, who'd they play? Who did Oregon play? A&M looked great, but how good is USCe?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one was real impressive this weekend except for Georgia from what I remember. Auburn looks like they need work. Bama needs work. FSU did not impress me at all. OU, who'd they play? Who did Oregon play? A&M looked great, but how good is USCe?

Devils Advocate.

We can play that game with Georgia Clemson also. Did Clemson have Tajh Boyd? Did Clemson have Sammy Watkins? How good is Clemson?

The team that impressed me the most was Texas A&M because they lost two first round picks and Johnny Manziel(I know he was a first round pick, but really he isn't). But South Carolina looked terrible.

Georgia was the best of the bunch, but against what?

Florida State remains numero uno. FSU is the champs and beat Oklahoma State, which lost a lot of players I think. I think the announcers said that OSU is the youngest team.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25961-1383833732-22.gif

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I'm looking for is how did we win? Did we win by out stheleting a lesser team, or did we play solid football? Did we pick up our assignments every play or just out run and out strength the other team? I've seen opening games against lesser teams where we won by a good margin and I was not happy with tge performance. The team played very well and I'm happy with the performance. We've got a couple big tests coming up in Tennessee and WVU.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils Advocate.

We can play that game with Georgia Clemson also. Did Clemson have Tajh Boyd? Did Clemson have Sammy Watkins? How good is Clemson?

The team that impressed me the most was Texas A&M because they lost two first round picks and Johnny Manziel(I know he was a first round pick, but really he isn't). But South Carolina looked terrible.

Florida State remains numero uno. FSU is the champs and beat Oklahoma State, which lost a lot of players I think. I think the announcers said that OSU is the youngest team.

I didn't pay attention in game, but did South Carolina run a 3-4 defense against them? Spurrier said "How do you like that 3-4 defense" after the game.

Alabama didn't run a 3-4 against WVU and Alabama usually runs the 3-4. Makes me wonder if they were just clueless on how to defend against A&M.

Anyone know?

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That aTm/South Carolina game was difficult to parse since it went so counter to what people (such as myself) were expecting. It makes one wonder if aTm is that good or South Carolina is that weak. Most likely, it is a combination of the two things. But then again, the biggest improvement a team will show is between their first and second games. So it could very well end up that South Carolina is capable of better, but hasn't quite gotten there yet. Or, they could just flat out suck. aTm could be the slickest thing this side of .. well, anywhere. Or, they could have been really good at exploiting mismatches and will run into a better prepared team that will humble them. Both teams have eleven more games to make their cases and show their abilities (or have their weaknesses exposed.)

Georgia, to me, looks tough. Gurley is just plain gifted. If he plays that well in all of Georgia's remaining games, they are going to be tough to beat.

FSU looked ordinary to me. They might improve a great deal. But I don't think they will run the table if they play all of their games as they did against Okie State.

I'm also wrong a lot.

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am a OU Fan. Here is my unbiased top 10.

#1. FSU
#2. Oregon
#3. Georgia
#4. OU
#5. Baylor
#6. Alabama
#7. Michigan St.
#8. Stanford
#9. Texas A&M
#10. Auburn

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked to me like Georgia beat the living dog shit out of Clemson.
-------
Neither Georgia OR LSU took control of their respective games until the last quarter which is why I said what I did.