• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your top 5 most disappointing programs of all time

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hs8gn5H.gif
...:rollseyes:

55468918.jpg

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one for you. Maybe then you won't talk about financials when someone mentions the phrase "a dollar short".

Idiom | Define Idiom at Dictionary.com

It's OK if humor passes you by. It's Ok if you fail to comprehend the meaning and intent of others. You need to accept yourself for who you are. "Special." Chewing up your innards over this stuff will steal the joy out of your life. Smile. Practice your "Roll Tides." And remember, it's Ok if all of your shirts have food stains on them as long as you can still make out the "Alabama."

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee would have to be my 3rd most disappointing team. At least over the past 10 years.

Arian Foster: "I received maybe 40, 50K during my time at Tennessee from boosters."

Eric Berry is the only player they've had since Foster, worth that kind of money.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia Tech and Oregon should probably be on most lists.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing should be defined. Are we talking about the inning a bunch of games but never big ones or getting a bunch of high end recruits and turning them into bad teams?

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see it earlier. Doesn't matter. That's one of the better ones I've seen lately.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adjust your perspective. You want Tennessee coming to play in your city/town. The Big Orange caravans is BIG and comprised of thousands of good-natured Tennessee fans easily parted from their money. If we are ever a dollar short, it is upon our departure (because we spent so much in your burg). Frankly, there is not another school with a football team more beloved by chambers of commerce than Tennessee.

Saying someone or something is "a day late and a dollar short" means they are is lacking....an under achiever....not reaching their potential. It does not mean a lack of money or unwilling to spend money. It's a Southern expression. :)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying someone or something is "a day late and a dollar short" means they are is lacking....an under achiever....not reaching their potential. It does not mean a lack of money or unwilling to spend money. It's a Southern expression. :)

Apparently his post was a joke that some of us are too stupid to find the humor in.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas should honestly be up there with Bama, Notre Dame, Oklahoma , and USC when it comes to National Titles(probably should be ahead). Texas has the biggest built in advantage of any team in the country and should have more National Titles than any other team but they only have 4 and only 1 since 1970.

why do people always say this?

yes, there are a lot of good football players in the state- but there are also a lot of teams pulling those players-Oklahoma, a&m, Baylor, TCU, LSU, Okie St, Kansas St, Bama, FSU, OSU, Braska, etc. You can only recruit 25 a year.

Yes, would like to think Texas can get all the best players each year, but that is hard, if not impossible, to do.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee would have to be my 3rd most disappointing team. At least over the past 10 years.

Arian Foster: "I received maybe 40, 50K during my time at Tennessee from boosters."

Eric Berry is the only player they've had since Foster, worth that kind of money.

May you bang your shins of innumerable coffee tables.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Humor based upon a "misunderstanding" of another's statement or intent is tried and true. My reply is to a question not posed - a red herring, so to speak. Sorry it failed to register with you.

I've long understood "a day late and a dollar short" to mean too late. For example, you intended to take the girl to the dance, but before you got around to asking her, somebody else did and is now her date. You are "a day late and a dollar short."

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do people always say this?

yes, there are a lot of good football players in the state- but there are also a lot of teams pulling those players-Oklahoma, a&m, Baylor, TCU, LSU, Okie St, Kansas St, Bama, FSU, OSU, Braska, etc. You can only recruit 25 a year.

Yes, would like to think Texas can get all the best players each year, but that is hard, if not impossible, to do.

Exactly. Texas has pulled in the #1 recruiting class just once since 1998.