• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Top 10

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only seen Virginia play once this year and they looked legit to me. Looking at their record in the ACC says they have to be at least a top 10 team right now. Is there something I don't know about them that should make me rethink that?

UVA has the WORST combined metrics of any team in the Top 25. I know a lot of you dont give 2 shits about metrics but the reality is that every year the teams that make deep runs have consistently been higly ranked in at LEAST 2 or 3 of the 4 primary categories ( offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency, assist to turnover and rebounding ). UVA doesnt stack up. Its nice they are winning but the ONLY category they are good in is defensive efficiency and they are quite BAD in offensive efficiency and rebounding. Simply put UVA cant score enough to beat teams that can rebound well and score in multiple fashions. It has played out almost every time they have played a team like that this year and frankly their ONLY really quality win ( over Cuse ) came against a team that has trouble scoring themselves.UVA ( statistically ) is MORE likely to lose in the first round than they are to make the FF even as a 2 seed.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt I'm annoyed by some of the Arizona fans, however no retaliation. I'm stating it as I see it and really think when Arizona was down, they were not as bad as some of your own fans were wailing about. In addition, IMO, Arizona is not as good as what those same people are proclaiming.

If you don't think losing Ashley was a huge blow, then we are not in agreement on that issue either.

of course we know losing Ashley was a huge blow. I will be the FIRST to tell you I didn't think we would be able to overcome it because of the dynamic he added to our offense. However we Arizona fans knew how much better WITH Ashley we were than everyone else in the country. The fact that we could be playing this well without him shows as much. I said it before, the loss of Ashley has simply allowed the rest of the very good teams to actually have as good a chance to cut down the nets as Arizona. Before the injury, it was us and everyone else hoping for a huge upset in the tourney, whether you like to admit it or not. Now it won't be a huge upset if we lose, it will be understandable because we are no longer head and shoulders above everyone.

But I do think we are the best, because nobody that plays THIS type of defense (Florida, UVA, WSU, Cincy) has as much overall talent on offense and it looks like, based on the last 3 games, we actually have figured out how to play without Ashley. When our offense clicks it's right there with the BEST offenses in the country, and the other top defensive teams simply cannot say that.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA has the WORST combined metrics of any team in the Top 25. I know a lot of you dont give 2 shits about metrics but the reality is that every year the teams that make deep runs have consistently been higly ranked in at LEAST 2 or 3 of the 4 primary categories ( offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency, assist to turnover and rebounding ). UVA doesnt stack up. Its nice they are winning but the ONLY category they are good in is defensive efficiency and they are quite BAD in offensive efficiency and rebounding. Simply put UVA cant score enough to beat teams that can rebound well and score in multiple fashions. It has played out almost every time they have played a team like that this year and frankly their ONLY really quality win ( over Cuse ) came against a team that has trouble scoring themselves.UVA ( statistically ) is MORE likely to lose in the first round than they are to make the FF even as a 2 seed.

UVa is 4-4 against the RPI Top 50, so obviously we have more than 1 quality win.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I'm at the top of the Pick-em list and you are near the bottom. Basically what I'm saying, you talk a lot of shit on this board but can't back it up with proper picks...so by definition, it's you who are lacking.

yup pick 'em is the be all end all. I REALLY care about pick 'em, so much that, while I put 50 bucks down on Arizona in REAL LIFE to beat Stanford, picking Stanford in pick 'em was what i actually thought would happen. shows how important my pick 'em picks (that, on average, I submit about 3 minutes after jonvi puts them up with nary a second thought on who I am picking) really are to me. I actually started crying this week when I saw that I went 12-8. My wife had to console me all night last night because I couldn't believe that I did so poorly.

I hope you had a beer to celebrate your incredible performance, it has simply blown me away and I am ready to anoint you "smartest basketball mind of all time"

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We bow down to your greatness Runeman. Please have mercy on all of us.
:hail::pray:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's it that you get muddy again?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Yeah....never mind.

pigwrestleAP_450x300.jpg

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think your really underrating them. Not a bad offensive team.
2014 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the tracks trying to stop traffic....all waving my hands and shit...yellin "the train is coming!"

Damn near got run over myself.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think your really underrating them. Not a bad offensive team.
2014 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings

IMO, Virginia is an excellent team and not the same team that lost to Tennessee or Michigan. Not many teams out rebound Syracuse and Virginia made it look easy. Also did a great job of breaking down that zone. I love these OOC and RPI guys that get their info from December games. When is the last time Virginia lost???....it's been awhile. Have to go with that. I think Virginia makes it to the ACC tournament final and goes deep, at least an elite 8 in the NCAA.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Virginia is an excellent team and not the same team that lost to Tennessee or Michigan. Not many teams out rebound Syracuse and Virginia made it look easy. Also did a great job of breaking down that zone. I love these OOC and RPI guys that get their info from December games. When is the last time Virginia lost???....it's been awhile. Have to go with that. I think Virginia makes it to the ACC tournament final and goes deep, at least an elite 8 in the NCAA.

you are not at all concerned that their winning ways directly correlated with them beginning conference play? I'm not saying they aren't WAY better than they were in the OOC, but if you dismiss the fact that it correlates with getting IN conference where there are a bunch of really bad teams then you are a blind homer, even if you claim to root for an SEC team

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are not at all concerned that their winning ways directly correlated with them beginning conference play? I'm not saying they aren't WAY better than they were in the OOC, but if you dismiss the fact that it correlates with getting IN conference where there are a bunch of really bad teams then you are a blind homer, even if you claim to root for an SEC team

I'm not mainly because there haven't been doubts in conference. They've played better teams then green bay in conference and they beat them. Maybe the schedule is SLIGHTLY easier than duke cuse or uncs but they beat two of those badly and the other barely lost at duke. Don't see why I'd be worried about them being a fluke due to weak conference schedule.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Florida fan, however, unlike yourself, I let the team do it's playing and don't make homoristic(if there is such a word) claims about how great of a team Florida has become. IMO, Billy Donovan has done a remarkable job for Florida being as at the beginning of the year most on here thought Florida was a very poor team. Is Florida the best team in the country. Probably not, and I don't really know who is(it's not Arizona) and make no claims other than I like their style of play; gritty and unselfish. That said, If you are unable to see who is playing good ball at this time; that's on you. Virginia has played excellent ball for the past month and will be excellent in the ACC tournament as well as the NCAA. I do like the ACC; think NC, Duke, Virginia, and Syracuse are all going to the sweet 16. I like Louisville, Michigan State, Cincinnati, Florida, Wisconsin, Wichita St and Arizona also to make the sweet 16. All that said, The top ten ACC teams are better than the top 10 PAC12 teams.....that makes the ACC better, IMO.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Florida fan, however, unlike yourself, I let the team do it's playing and don't make homoristic(if there is such a word) claims about how great of a team Florida has become. IMO, Billy Donovan has done a remarkable job for Florida being as at the beginning of the year most on here thought Florida was a very poor team. Is Florida the best team in the country. Probably not, and I don't really know who is(it's not Arizona) and make no claims other than I like their style of play; gritty and unselfish. That said, If you are unable to see who is playing good ball at this time; that's on you. Virginia has played excellent ball for the past month and will be excellent in the ACC tournament as well as the NCAA. I do like the ACC; think NC, Duke, Virginia, and Syracuse are all going to the sweet 16. I like Louisville, Michigan State, Cincinnati, Florida, Wisconsin, Wichita St and Arizona also to make the sweet 16. All that said, The top ten ACC teams are better than the top 10 PAC12 teams.....that makes the ACC better, IMO.

I don't know who you would pick as the best team in the country right now if you don't go Arizona or Florida.

Those 2 have separated themselves from the pack in terms of the resumes they've put together..

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that said, The top ten ACC teams are better than the top 10 PAC12 teams.....that makes the ACC better, IMO.

Haha. If you restrict it to the top-10 teams of each conference, the ACC might have a fighting chance. I'd still go Pac12, but I might be biased.

Those bottom 6 teams in the ACC, though, are just awful.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. If you restrict it to the top-10 teams of each conference, the ACC might have a fighting chance. I'd still go Pac12, but I AM biased.

Those bottom 6 teams in the ACC, though, are just awful.

:fify:

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just happy there is college basketball... as much as I love college baseball, I will be slightly depressed when March is over

Let's all be thankful for that...

Besides... we all know Florida is the best... :)

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just happy there is college basketball... as much as I love college baseball, I will be slightly depressed when March is over

Let's all be thankful for that...

Besides... we all know Florida is the best... :)

gross.

i will be more than slightly depressed. thank god the Red Sox project to be good again this year or I don't know what I would do with the rest of my year as i wait for college bball to start again