• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Top 10

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hail: No SU...I agree.

No Wisky. lol.:laugh3:

I would like to add either St. Louis, VCU, or UMass but they keep beating up on each other.

Creighton is a one horse pony coming off a loss. I don't see them on this list for more than one reason.

Yeah, missing Wisky was an oversight. They should be in there.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its fair to question Arizona after losing Ashley, despite them putting a few blowout wins in a row. Let me just say...

These teams that you are calling "not very good" (Cal, Stanford, Colorado, ASU) are all tournament teams.

To me, losing 2 games at the buzzer against tournament teams on the road, the day of (and then days after) losing a starter is not alarming.

Blowing out 3 tournament teams in a row, on the other hand, is at the very least mildly impressive. I doubt you could find any other case in the country where a team was able to accomplish that.

Coach Miller did a terrific job of getting Arizona back to being a top team. That said, their wins are over Utah, Colorado, Cal and Stanford. Yes, those teams are in the NCAA tournament and so are 60 other teams. They will easily beat Oregon St and Oregon. For me, Arizona has not yet been tested since losing Ashley and along with a weak bench, things could get dicey when a top 15 team comes along. I just don't think any team can lose a Brandon Ashley and remain THE NR 1 seed in the NCAA. Some of the Arizona fans are still thinking this team is the 2nd coming and I'm just not feeling it. Not yet anyways. I might add the same fans that are now being obnoxious on the boards are the same ones that gave up on Arizona after the two loses. Again, I congratulate Arizona for turning thing around and winning the PAC 12...that's a very good achievement given the loss of Ashley.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Miller did a terrific job of getting Arizona back to being a top team. That said, their wins are over Utah, Colorado, Cal and Stanford. Yes, those teams are in the NCAA tournament and so are 60 other teams. They will easily beat Oregon St and Oregon. For me, Arizona has not yet been tested since losing Ashley and along with a weak bench, things could get dicey when a top 15 team comes along. I just don't think any team can lose a Brandon Ashley and remain THE NR 1 seed in the NCAA. Some of the Arizona fans are still thinking this team is the 2nd coming and I'm just not feeling it. Not yet anyways. I might add the same fans that are now being obnoxious on the boards are the same ones that gave up on Arizona after the two loses. Again, I congratulate Arizona for turning thing around and winning the PAC 12...that's a very good achievement given the loss of Ashley.

This is funny because I can guarantee at least half of you guys talking about Ashley going down being a HUGE blow to Arizona did not even know who he was before the injury. The overall tone of your comments suggest you are just annoyed by the Arizona fans on here and are just spouting nonsense for retaliation. Kramer the Cincy fan did the same thing. Get over it.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a mixture of the eye test and resume for me:

1) Arizona
2) Florida
(tied)
3) Wichita St.
4) Virginia
5) Syracuse
6) Duke
7) Wisconsin
8) Kansas
9) Michigan
10) Villanova

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is funny because I can guarantee at least half of you guys talking about Ashley going down being a HUGE blow to Arizona did not even know who he was before the injury. The overall tone of your comments suggest you are just annoyed by the Arizona fans on here and are just spouting nonsense for retaliation. Kramer the Cincy fan did the same thing. Get over it.

Irrelevant.

Whether anyone knew him before the injury doesn't change the fact that losing him hurt, and deals Arizona a big blow when they face top tier competition.

He was a big piece to the puzzle for Arizona. Those questioning their recent wins over mildly decent competition have a right to question if they could hang with a top 10-15 team without him in the lineup.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt I'm annoyed by some of the Arizona fans, however no retaliation. I'm stating it as I see it and really think when Arizona was down, they were not as bad as some of your own fans were wailing about. In addition, IMO, Arizona is not as good as what those same people are proclaiming.

If you don't think losing Ashley was a huge blow, then we are not in agreement on that issue either.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Ashley is a big blow no doubt. You cannot argue that. But... the past few games their offense has looked the best it's looked all season long. Gordon is averaging 18-9-1 on 66 percent shooting in his last 3 games, and York/Pitts are knocking down threes to help spread the floor.

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Zeus are both playing their best basketball of the year right now as well. The tournament is all about who gets hot at the right time. Our defense has been elite all year. Now that our offense is starting to click we are playing a great brand of basketball.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irrelevant.

Whether anyone knew him before the injury doesn't change the fact that losing him hurt, and deals Arizona a big blow when they face top tier competition.

He was a big piece to the puzzle for Arizona. Those questioning their recent wins over mildly decent competition have a right to question if they could hang with a top 10-15 team without him in the lineup.

The definition of "mildly decent" and "not very good" is getting out of hand, IMO.

If you only want to judge a team against the top 10-15 teams only, then you will leave yourself with a very, very few conference games in the nation that mean anything.

Duke-Cuse-Virginia
Michigan-Wisconsin
Louisville-Cincy
Creighton-Villanova

Those are the only games that mean anything?

I don't care who the team is, if you blowout 3 at-large bid teams in a row, you've got my attention and that's pretty impressive. Something neither Florida or Cinci has done this season.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I just dont think UVA is one of the 10 best teams in the country on a neutral court in March. Id put them around 15 or 16 right now. That said the Cavaliers have horrible metrics. Their ofrfensive efficiency is bad, their assist to turnover is average and their rebounding is atrocious. They do play great D so that gives them a chance to win a game or 2 in March but no more than that really. Now if you were to ask me if I thought Iowa would beat UVA on a neutral court in March my answer is yes, probably by about as much ( maybe a little more ) than we beat the Hoos at UVA last year but I wont rank Iowa ahead for now even though alot of the metrics do.

What does last year's NIT game have to do with what is going on right now? :wtf2:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt I'm annoyed by some of the Arizona fans, however no retaliation. I'm stating it as I see it and really think when Arizona was down, they were not as bad as some of your own fans were wailing about. In addition, IMO, Arizona is not as good as what those same people are proclaiming.

If you don't think losing Ashley was a huge blow, then we are not in agreement on that issue either.

It was a big blow and that was apparent the first few games after his absence, but since then Arizona has won their last three games (all against teams currently in the tournament) by an average of 23 points. Like you said Sean Miller is a great coach and it looks like he has this team not only winning without Ashley, but winning handily.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only seen Virginia play once this year and they looked legit to me. Looking at their record in the ACC says they have to be at least a top 10 team right now. Is there something I don't know about them that should make me rethink that?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel bad... one B1G fan had Florida behind a bunch of teams even though we haven't lost this year with our full squad... and even the games where we were missing our superstar player and 1-2 other starters were very close (one buzzer beater against UCONN on the road and one against Wisky where we were missing three players including our leader Scottie Wilbekin).

So don't take it personally... :P

well no offense, i'd have you behind Arizona. Nobody else, of course, but definitely with the way we have been playing and with our overall stronger resume I think Arizona has passed Florida at this point

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The definition of "mildly decent" and "not very good" is getting out of hand, IMO.

If you only want to judge a team against the top 10-15 teams only, then you will leave yourself with a very, very few conference games in the nation that mean anything.

Duke-Cuse-Virginia
Michigan-Wisconsin
Louisville-Cincy
Creighton-Villanova

Those are the only games that mean anything?

I don't care who the team is, if you blowout 3 at-large bid teams in a row, you've got my attention and that's pretty impressive. Something neither Florida or Cinci has done this season.

Ok, so when looking at if they are the #1 team, or the #2 team, it's not fair to compare how they would stack up against the other teams that are in the running for a #1 or #2 ranking?

And while Arizona did win those games, they've also lost games they would have won if they had Ashley. So, again, it's completely fair, and within reason, to compare where they rank with regards to other top teams since they won't have Ashley for the remainder of the year.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is in love with Arizona. IMO, its one of those thing where a team is usually not as bad as we think after a couple of loses and not as good as we think after a couple of wins. Sean Miller is one of the best coaches out there and did a great job of turning that program around. That said, after losing Brandon Ashley, Arizona almost lost to Stanford, lost to Cal and lost to Arizona State. None of those teams are very good. Now Arizona has a couple of wins over teams that also are not very good and everyone thinks Arizona has got the stuff. I'm just not seeing it and we shall see in the tournament when Arizona does not make the final 4 and might not make the elite 8. Just don't think that they have the players to get it done along with an extremely weak bench. Heard it here first folks and that's just how I see it. Probably wrong about this as I have not seen one post that agrees with me.....well maybe not as one Arizona "faithful" picked Stanford to win the other night and then after the game proclaimed Arizona the best out there. Yikes.

you basing this off of Pick 'Em? My picking Stanford to win had 0 to do with me thinking Stanford was going to win (since I didn't), and instead with the fact that when I pick against Arizona in the pick 'em we win, and the one time I picked them to win (against ASSU) we lost.

And since you clearly know very little about basketball I won't respond to the rest of your asinine post

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you missed 8 this week and even picked STANFORD OVER ARIZONA. Are YOU MAD????as Jonvi pointed out, you are near the bottom of the pick-em list and guess where I am. You are correct on one thing; one of us does not have a clue. OPEN MOUNTH, INSERT FOOT. Have a nice day.

hahahahaha

pick 'em means you know more than me?

so every woman that wins her college basketball bracket because she chose based on the team's colors knows more than all the guys who watch college basketball all year long?

you sir, have no real basketball knowledge and, from what I have gained out of your posts, probably never stepped onto a court your whole life.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does last year's NIT game have to do with what is going on right now? :wtf2:

Nothing at all. Wasnt saying that. I was saying Id expect a similar outcome. Iowa and UVA are both largely the same team. UVA is winning depsite having subpar metrics. Iowa is losing despite having great metrics. Difference is pretty negligible between the 2 teams. UVA has found ways to win despite not being as talented as Iowa so the game would likely be very close ie a 6-10 point game like last years.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you basing this off of Pick 'Em? My picking Stanford to win had 0 to do with me thinking Stanford was going to win (since I didn't), and instead with the fact that when I pick against Arizona in the pick 'em we win, and the one time I picked them to win (against ASSU) we lost.

And since you clearly know very little about basketball I won't respond to the rest of your asinine post

That's why I'm at the top of the Pick-em list and you are near the bottom. Basically what I'm saying, you talk a lot of shit on this board but can't back it up with proper picks...so by definition, it's you who are lacking.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only seen Virginia play once this year and they looked legit to me. Looking at their record in the ACC says they have to be at least a top 10 team right now. Is there something I don't know about them that should make me rethink that?

UVa played like shit up until December 30th. This is a completely different team from then.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Arizona lost two games, you cried like a little girl and stated Arizona has no chance to go deep in the NCAA; and when Arizona started winning, you proclaimed them the best in the country.

How stupid is to pick against your own team. Be like Jonvi and take your team EVERY time. That's what real fans do.

When Arizona gets knocked out of the tournament, please don't come on here and wail like you did a couple of weeks ago.....just know Arizona can't win without Ashley.....sorry.