• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your thoughts on yesterdays trades

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for this season we can focus on one important issue....we have absolutely zero depth on the offensive line

I know Glenn was out and I think another starter was out too

The offensive line was just horrendous last night, I called Henderson a human turnstile last week but that's too much of a compliment at least a turnstile will get in the way for a moment, Henderson might as well not even be there

Also zero depth when it comes to WR, and I hear the EJ Gaines is hurt again dont know if true or how bad but the thin secondary is also scary. Now they are trying to trade Ragland. If they do that it would be a mistake so far the front office hasnt impressed me and that would be the icing on the cake.

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trades. Dumping Watkins creates cap space that can be used on Taylor. And Bills weren't taking Super Bowl this year anyway. May as well get future picks for life in the AFC after Brady

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also zero depth when it comes to WR, and I hear the EJ Gaines is hurt again dont know if true or how bad but the thin secondary is also scary. Now they are trying to trade Ragland. If they do that it would be a mistake so far the front office hasnt impressed me and that would be the icing on the cake.

Yes now with Boldin done and Streater hurt we're suddenly down to two capable receivers and that's if Matthews even stays healthy the entire year

secondary needs improvement overall, this is definitely an area to target in the draft.

Ever since our two trades that occurred two weeks ago the media has been trying to create other trades for us, I don't believe for a second that we're considering trading Ragland.

Right guard is a major hole, some guy named Vladimir Ducasse is going to be starting in our next preseason game which shows that Miller clearly hasn't progressed like we hoped. We need 4 offensive linemen in next year's draft

only the right guard position needs to be addressed early, unless we draft a right tackle and move Dawkins to right guard, then we need depth in the other areas, especially at tackle. Glenn and Dawkins are basically the only tackles that are even capable of getting in someone's way

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it's probably easier naming the positions that we do have depth at

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes now with Boldin done and Streater hurt we're suddenly down to two capable receivers and that's if Matthews even stays healthy the entire year

secondary needs improvement overall, this is definitely an area to target in the draft.

Ever since our two trades that occurred two weeks ago the media has been trying to create other trades for us, I don't believe for a second that we're considering trading Ragland.

Right guard is a major hole, some guy named Vladimir Ducasse is going to be starting in our next preseason game which shows that Miller clearly hasn't progressed like we hoped. We need 4 offensive linemen in next year's draft

only the right guard position needs to be addressed early, unless we draft a right tackle and move Dawkins to right guard, then we need depth in the other areas, especially at tackle. Glenn and Dawkins are basically the only tackles that are even capable of getting in someone's way

That is possible there were rumors shady was on the trade block. But other than Matthews I wouldnt say we have a reliable WR Jones might be good but Im not putting my hope for a good season on a rookie WR. I put even less hope on a rookie CB. So I guess we will see even if we kept Watkins I thought it would be a season or so until we were a contender for a playoff spot but its been 20 years whats another 5 right.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I cried, and screamed, and yelled, and bellowed, and harped, and repeated this all off season. What good is Zay Jones and a 1st round corner, if your offense can't move the chains?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is possible there were rumors shady was on the trade block. But other than Matthews I wouldnt say we have a reliable WR Jones might be good but Im not putting my hope for a good season on a rookie WR. I put even less hope on a rookie CB. So I guess we will see even if we kept Watkins I thought it would be a season or so until we were a contender for a playoff spot but its been 20 years whats another 5 right.

We still had poor depth even with Watkins, we would have been good for like 4 weeks and then struggled

Watkins is leading the charge on NFL players being paid more, we wouldn't have the cap room to keep him so might as well get something and work toward a higher pick on a replacement

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cried, and screamed, and yelled, and bellowed, and harped, and repeated this all off season. What good is Zay Jones and a 1st round corner, if your offense can't move the chains?

Glad we drafted Dawkins at least, problem is it wasn't a strong line class

This next year is and we have the picks to take advantage

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we drafted Dawkins at least, problem is it wasn't a strong line class

This next year is and we have the picks to take advantage

Unless we are trying to trade up to get a QB. we will probably be picking in the 10-15 range KC will be in the 20 range so we will need to send both those and a second to even be considered for a top pick. With WR and CB and LB still an issue lets hope we can convince some FA to come our way.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we are trying to trade up to get a QB. we will probably be picking in the 10-15 range KC will be in the 20 range so we will need to send both those and a second to even be considered for a top pick. With WR and CB and LB still an issue lets hope we can convince some FA to come our way.

We don't have the money to get a big free agent, I find it funny how I am now rooting against the Chiefs this year, their offense is questionable enough and they play in a tough division so the hope is always there that they could collapse

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A bit of an overstatement, don't you think? The Bills had the leading rush offense last year and added a starting tackle.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of an overstatement, don't you think? The Bills had the leading rush offense last year and added a starting tackle.

Because of Taylor. Not the line. Jordan Mills is the worst player in the NFL. We had a top ten offense despite the ineptitude of the right side of the line.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of Taylor. Not the line. Jordan Mills is the worst player in the NFL. We had a top ten offense despite the ineptitude of the right side of the line.

Still, implying that the offense can't move the chains despite those stats (top 10 offense) and replacing said weak link is an exaggeration. Taylor is still here. McCoy is still here. Williams is still here to back him up, and DeMarco and Tolbert were added for blocking/short yardage.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, implying that the offense can't move the chains despite those stats (top 10 offense) and replacing said weak link is an exaggeration. Taylor is still here. McCoy is still here. Williams is still here to back him up, and DeMarco and Tolbert were added for blocking/short yardage.

We'll see how long we have Taylor and McCoy seeing that Taylor already has a concussion thanks to our poor blocking and McCoy will probably miss a few games because we haven't had a running back make it through an entire year since who knows when

The line should be better when Glenn returns and then Dawkins can help a little on the right side

but clearly the right guard position is still a hole because Miller hasn't developed like we hoped

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how long we have Taylor and McCoy seeing that Taylor already has a concussion thanks to our poor blocking and McCoy will probably miss a few games because we haven't had a running back make it through an entire year since who knows when

The line should be better when Glenn returns and then Dawkins can help a little on the right side

but clearly the right guard position is still a hole because Miller hasn't developed like we hoped

Even the best lines allow sacks (and running QBs get tackled). Just so happens on this one Tyrod's head hit the turf, thus the concussion.

I have to admit I'm surprised by Miller's regression. He's probably missing coach Kromer (now the Rams' OL coach).

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the best lines allow sacks (and running QBs get tackled). Just so happens on this one Tyrod's head hit the turf, thus the concussion.

I have to admit I'm surprised by Miller's regression. He's probably missing coach Kromer (now the Rams' OL coach).

I know that, but the story of the preseason games so far have been just how horrific our line has looked. It was an individual hit that caused the injury but Tyrod has been getting hit a lot this preseason and it's concerning that it will continue

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that, but the story of the preseason games so far have been just how horrific our line has looked. It was an individual hit that caused the injury but Tyrod has been getting hit a lot this preseason and it's concerning that it will continue

To my eye, it appeared that Tyrod was trying to stay in the pocket, likely a directive of the new coaching staff, instead of using his escapability to buy more time. The passes that were knocked down were often when Tyrod stepped up in the pocket, not really something he seems comfortable with.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we trade Seymour thinning our already bad secondary and now we cut Williams so Im glad I was waiting until the start of the season to buy Sunday Ticket now I know I can skip it and get the NHL package instead.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Jonathan Williams was an incredibly foolish decision, I don't know what we're thinking

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Jonathan Williams was an incredibly foolish decision, I don't know what we're thinking

Strange nobody claimed him. Maybe there is something off the field behind the scenes? Makes no sense in a talent/money situation, except for the tanking thing.