• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your thought on two B1G teams possibly making it?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me just wants to see total anarchy for the CFP committee.

How about this scenario:

UM beats OSU, then loses to Wisconsin
Washington State beats Washington, then loses to Colorado
Clemson loses to VT or whoever they face

Two loss teams would include:
Wisconsin
Michigan
Penn State
Oklahoma
Clemson
Colorado
Oklahoma State
Washington

Basically it'd be Alabama and then a free for all for 2,3 and 4. PSU beat OSU, but lost to UM. OSU lost to PSU, but beat OU. Colorado would be the PAC champ, but lost to UM by 17. Wisconsin lost to UM and OSU, but then beat UM. OU would be the B12 champ, but got manhandled by OSU and Houston.
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State

Just do away with the playoffs for a year and give the people what they want - URBAN vs. SABAN

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me just wants to see total anarchy for the CFP committee.

How about this scenario:

UM beats OSU, then loses to Wisconsin
Washington State beats Washington, then loses to Colorado
Clemson loses to VT or whoever they face

Two loss teams would include:
Wisconsin
Michigan
Penn State
Oklahoma
Clemson
Colorado
Oklahoma State
Washington

Basically it'd be Alabama and then a free for all for 2,3 and 4. PSU beat OSU, but lost to UM. OSU lost to PSU, but beat OU. Colorado would be the PAC champ, but lost to UM by 17. Wisconsin lost to UM and OSU, but then beat UM. OU would be the B12 champ, but got manhandled by OSU and Houston.

That would be awesome.

My guess for the top 4 in that scenario would be:

1. Alabama
2. Wisconsin
3. Colorado
4. Michigan
*3/4 I would flip, but think committee would want to avoid a Wisky/Michigan game for the 3rd time. lol.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what can be done about it - or is the BIG just stuck?

I think so. I'm pretty sure you'll never see Maryland and Rutgers leave. That's been big money for the BIG as far as network coverage and tv deals.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. I'm pretty sure you'll never see Maryland and Rutgers leave. That's been big money for the BIG as far as network coverage and tv deals.
At least Maryland covers their ass in bball - and can at least be our Kentucky/Vandy in football. Rutgers on the other hand...

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Maryland covers their ass in bball - and can at least be our Kentucky/Vandy in football. Rutgers on the other hand...

and with all the recent coaching scandals as well.. maybe we can kinda keep Rutgers hidden and not let them play any OOC games.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with that. As the semi! And we can renew our hatred in the final!

I'd be all for that with one stipulation. Only if Speight is able to play. No reason to waste a spot in the CFP on UM if O'Korn is the QB. (My only hope is the weather is why he looked horrendous against IU)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with that. As the semi! And we can renew our hatred in the final!

I can't even call it hatred this year. It was an OSU fan who messaged me when I asked for prayers for my wife this year after she was diagnosed with breast cancer. He answered every question I had and checked up weekly on how she was doing. It reminded me that while we all cheer for our respective teams, in the end, it is just a game.

Don't get me wrong, I really want to beat OSU. But if UM doesn't win, I will be happy for the classy individual who took the time out to help me out when I was at a low point this year.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even call it hatred this year. It was an OSU fan who messaged me when I asked for prayers for my wife this year after she was diagnosed with breast cancer. He answered every question I had and checked up weekly on how she was doing. It reminded me that while we all cheer for our respective teams, in the end, it is just a game.

Don't get me wrong, I really want to beat OSU. But if UM doesn't win, I will be happy for the classy individual who took the time out to help me out when I was at a low point this year.
We all talk shit but there are more important things than football out there.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this happens, it will be hilarious to watch two playoff teams that have lost to Pitt
Why? Tell years ago the Buckeyes lost to VT. They did ok. Teams have bad games.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all talk shit but there are more important things than football out there.

I thought I was a die hard fan until I went to Columbus for a strongman competition (the crazy shit u see on ESPN) that one of my buddies qualified for.

I went to a gas station and was standing in line. I had grabbed a large coffee for my friend. A lady walks up with a small and I said, you know a large is only 10cents more. She goes back and gets the large. As I'm waiting in line, I unzipped my jacket (had a UM football shirt on) -- the lady says TY to me and then notices my UM shirt. I'm not joking -- this is verbatim. She says why are you wearing that? I say, I'm a Michigan fan, i live about 20 minutes from the Big House. She says I refuse to take advice from a Michigan fan and turns around, dumps the large coffee into a small cup and pours the rest down the drain. :pound:

The whole weekend we were in Columbus. Every sports bar had the UM flag backwards and upside down. Anyone who heard we were from Michigan, it was like we were the enemy. It was then I realized some people take it much more serious than I do.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I was a die hard fan until I went to Columbus for a strongman competition (the crazy shit u see on ESPN) that one of my buddies qualified for.

I went to a gas station and was standing in line. I had grabbed a large coffee for my friend. A lady walks up with a small and I said, you know a large is only 10cents more. She goes back and gets the large. As I'm waiting in line, I unzipped my jacket (had a UM football shirt on) -- the lady says TY to me and then notices my UM shirt. I'm not joking -- this is verbatim. She says why are you wearing that? I say, I'm a Michigan fan, i live about 20 minutes from the Big House. She says I refuse to take advice from a Michigan fan and turns around, dumps the large coffee into a small cup and pours the rest down the drain. :pound:

The whole weekend we were in Columbus. Every sports bar had the UM flag backwards and upside down. Anyone who heard we were from Michigan, it was like we were the enemy. It was then I realized some people take it much more serious than I do.
I went to San Jose once on a business trip. You would be surprised how many diehard Sharks fans there are over there. They are almost on par with the Red Wings. Also in Europe. Soccer has the craziest fanbases. I don't think anything compares to the passion they have towards that sport.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not gonna lie I do silly stuff like that. It's part of the fun of the rivalry for me. I can make someone my mortal enemy because of a football game but when it comes down to real life problems, such as the one you mentioned, people come first. Even on a lesser scale when JT broke his leg in 2014, Devin Gardner earned my respect that day with his actions in that situation.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do matter, but they can't be viewed as the end all be all. A strong out of conference schedule and conference strengths have to be considered or else you are setting a dangerous precedent for some boring football. Conference champions should and are the #1 thing the committee looks at, but the rest of the list should also be able to trump the #1 on the list.
Its not as if the PAC is the MAC...Washingtons overall SOS will be fine at years end.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate you, you bastahd.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not as if the PAC is the MAC...Washingtons overall SOS will be fine at years end.
Will it? They'll have a win over Colorado and a win over Stanford, who are the only two teams likely to be ranked. That's not very strong. That conference fell to shit this year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will it? They'll have a win over Colorado and a win over Stanford, who are the only two teams likely to be ranked. That's not very strong. That conference fell to shit this year.

I think it would be enough to get them in over a Wisky/PSU B1G CCG winner.