• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your teams' needs

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the Packers focus on NT, CB and OLB in the draft in the hopes of "toughening" up that soft D.

Offensively, I think they'll be okay, just make damn sure they sign Cobb and Bulaga.

What positions should your team focus on?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a new defense.

But to be serious we need a lot of help.

We need a run stopping DT, better linebackers, a good CB to lineup opposite of Lewis, & some help on the oline.

Also need another WR.....Colston is done so pretty much all we have is Stills & Cooks

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the Packers focus on NT, CB and OLB in the draft in the hopes of "toughening" up that soft D.

Offensively, I think they'll be okay, just make damn sure they sign Cobb and Bulaga.

A QB Hammer reminds me of this everyday.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver faces a lot of questions with a new coaching staff, new offensive and defensive schemes and some key players heading into free agency (e.g., both Julius and Demarius Thomas, Knighton, Franklin, and Moore). Add to that the uncertainty of Manning's return and how he will play if he does return. Lots of issues for my Broncos to address.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary mainly, LB, oh and a Quarterback.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL, WR, W-ILBotf, and FS.

The offense is pretty barren when it comes to OL and WR's outside of a grossly overpaid #2 in Dwayne Bowe who may just be cut even with nobody but a giant question mark in Albert Wilson. There really needs to be a talent infusion on offense with a bottom 5 OL and the worst WR's in the NFL- there's no doubt about it. De'Anthony Thomas may possibly see more of a pass catching role next year, but if anyone thinks he is the solution, well, I got a bridge to sell you. It's not quite the Jamaal Charles show anymore with an up and coming TE in Travis Kelce who really made some noise, but you can only stretch the field horizontally so much in today's NFL- and the OL and WR's are not going to allow much to develop after a short passing game as it stands right now- regardless of the QB or coach.

Granted, Reid's WCO's have generally been biased towards the short game, especially so in the McNabb years, but the ability to go downfield was pretty sapped by the a porous OL and terrible WR's.

Reid worked some real devil magic squeezing out the 12th best offense in terms of points per drive, and a very low turnover rate to boot. One of his better coaching jobs, and I would like to see what Reid and Smith could produce with something resembling competence on the OL and WR's.

To be specific, I would like an excellent route runner with bigtime YAC ability, Justin Hardy comes to mind for me. Lockett and Devin Smith are also guys I would like to see picked after the 1st round. To be specific about the OL, besides the Rodney Hudson (C) FA issue, there are holes at LT, LG, and RT. Eric Fisher has yet to have an offseason where he is able to build up some upper muscle to get into the 325 lbs range instead of the 300 range, so I'll be fine letting him have another year to get it together with his intriguing athleticism. Left Guard needs a makeover, Jeff Allen is coming back from injury, but mediocre over god-awful isn't inspiring really at left guard. RT was also poor, and is in need of a book end to secure the right side of the O-line with Hudson, Fulton, and a RT replacement. There is Donald Stephenson, but the fact he couldn't win his job back from Ryan Harris after a PED suspension is a red flag his prior success was due to PED's, not his actual talent, and it looked like that when he was on the field in 2014.

KC plays a whole crap ton of nickel, so the burden of the ILB's is rather immense; and they failed fantastically this year- allowing a 4.7 YPC mark on the ground. Granted, Derrick Johnson went down with an Achilles, and Mays broke his hand, so the doomsday scenario hit this position since there is little depth there. However, Derrick Johnson, as good as he is, is man over 30 who just blew out his Achilles, his replacement will need to be found soon. Erik Kendricks looks like a guy with the range and instincts to handle the job going forward- and if he is there at 18, don't be surprised to see him picked.

With the latest news of Ron Parker demanding a 5 year 6M AAV contract and KC's cap issues surrounding Justin Houston and Rodney Hudson primarily, it would dubious to retain Parker. That leaves a hole at FS.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Patriots interior OL is the consensus biggie.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons:

Running back, O-line, QB and defense.

We do have a decent set of WR's and a damn good kicker at least.

Broncos:

A plan that isn't Brock Osweiler for post Peyton.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons:

Broncos:

I tend to agree, but I haven't really seen enough of Osweiler to make an informed judgement. Some people seem to think that he is well suited to run Kubiak's offense. At the very least, since this is the last year of his rookie deal, I hope that we are better able to evaluate Oz.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons:

Broncos:

Really? Is the love affair with Matty Ice over?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
legitmate pass-rushing olb or two
fresh blood at cornerback
Possible successor at TE for Heath
NT (but it has to be a true zero tech if we're keeping out regular base looks post-Lebeau

Last edited by a moderator:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Is the love affair with Matty Ice over?

It's been over for me since last year. A lot of the losses this year were due to Matt Ryan making stupid decisions. I think he's talented, but I think he's a lot closer to being Jay Cutler than he is to being Tom Brady.

But Matty Ice was a nickname for Matt Diaz when he was a Brave before Matt Ryan came along.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona team needs are: Edge rushing OLB, ILB, OG, & a big RB.

I think the Cardinals can address most of those needs in the draft. And ILB can sort itself out if Washington is reinstated in May & then serves a short suspension. They still need to draft a speedy type ILB, but having Washington back would solve most of puzzle.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Packers need a new coaching staff.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to tell really for the Broncos. They have a ton of Cap Space but quite a few big name FA's to possibly resign. So needs will depend on who they put priority on resigning. Throw in the unknown part of this being whether Manning is coming back.

As of right now though with who I think they will resign I would say Right Tackle will be a huge priority and TE could jump up the list as well.

This would be my order of positions...

1) RT
2) Center
3) TE
4) ILB

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into FA we need a LG, CB (if Maxwell dips out), depth on both lines, TE, and a WR who can create on a scramble drill. A legit #1 WR would be nice, but drafting late and with some critical players to re-sign, I can't see it happening.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL (perhaps two additions here)
DB (Dallas should always be looking to upgrade here)
LB (if they let 2 or more of their own FA go elsewhere)

OT,RB,QB could & should be addressed

It took awhile but Dallas has figured it out. Garrett & company have said many times in the last 2 years.... They look for players that love playing the game of football. It's worked out well lately.