• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your least favorite players

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with what...from what I've heard, I don't think they actually did anything to other players, but even Jack has said early in his career, the Palmer galleries were intimidating...he was called fat boy, etc. but I don't get the since it was during the rounds.

Just knowing all those in the gallery are really there pulling for Arnie was intimidating...the way use to rush up to the rope for position.

Disagree with your assertion that Palmer fans started the ba ba booey nonsense. I followed Palmer several times and never heard anything like that and I think the Nicklaus accusations were sour grapes.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude - calm down. I said that Dufner could "care less" which means he didn't care - we are stating the same thing. Peace.

No it doesn't. It means the opposite.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't. It means the opposite.

Excuse me? When I say that I could "care less" about something it means that I don't care about that topic. Example - when I say "I could care less about the WNBA" it means that I don't care about the WNBA.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with your assertion that Palmer fans started the ba ba booey nonsense. I followed Palmer several times and never heard anything like that and I think the Nicklaus accusations were sour grapes.

Oh...I didn't mean to imply that...but Arnie's army was one of the 1st large moving galleries kind of pulling for one guy that I recall...my point about Arnie is these were not blueblood type fans. You could be right about Jack...but he did let it be known that Arnie's galleries were just that...Arnie galleries...they weren't pulling for him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me? When I say that I could "care less" about something it means that I don't care about that topic. Example - when I say "I could care less about the WNBA" it means that I don't care about the WNBA.

John Cleese can explain it to you better than I could but rest assured, it means the opposite of what you think it does. Just because everyone misuses it, doesn't make it right. Have a listen:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCUsPnKD1gk]Could care less - YouTube[/ame]

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...I didn't mean to imply that...but Arnie's army was one of the 1st large moving galleries kind of pulling for one guy that I recall...my point about Arnie is these were not blueblood type fans. You could be right about Jack...but he did let it be known that Arnie's galleries were just that...Arnie galleries...they weren't pulling for him.

I've heard a lot of Nicklaus fans say that Palmer's galleries would kick Palmer's ball back into the fairway and step on Nickllaus' ball but I have a hard time believeing that. Then again, I was never much of a Nicklaus fan. I rooted against him like I do Woods because I like to see the underdog win.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard a lot of Nicklaus fans say that Palmer's galleries would kick Palmer's ball back into the fairway and step on Nickllaus' ball but I have a hard time believeing that. Then again, I was never much of a Nicklaus fan. I rooted against him like I do Woods because I like to see the underdog win.

I can believe it. I've heard enough old timers that said Arnie's Army was a hardcore fan base, but I don't think it was a regular basis if it did happen.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Gilmore will always be my favorite.
happygilmore.jpeg