• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your 2017 Steelers

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all she wrote folks!

Thinking back to all that happened this season felt like it deserved a thread to encapsulate the shitstorm that was the 2017 season. Let's take a quick look back on all the drama in sequential order:

• Ben's offseason of contemplating retirement, finally announcing he'll play on April 7th, just a few short weeks prior to the draft.
  • Dan Rooney passes away the week after
  • Bell holds out of camp & preseason
  • Alejandro Villanueva stands alone for national anthem. Media/fan backlash ensues. September 24th.
  • Antonio Brown throws water cooler showing offensive turmoil amidst the Steelers 1st win at M&T Bank since Charlie Batch did it many years ago - October 1st
  • Ben contemplates if he "has it anymore" after week 5's debacle, October 8th
  • Le'Veon Bell openly calls out playcalling for Steelers offensive woes - October 9th
  • Martavis Bryant requests trade around mid-October for a few weeks, before opening it up to the media
  • If that weren't enough, Bryant also threw Smith-Schuster under the bus on social media during all that drama
  • Bryant gets suspended for 1 game against the Lions
  • JuJu's bike got stolen. October 20th-ish
  • Ryan Shazier gets borderline paralyzed on December 4th
  • In that same Bungal game Juju hits Vontaze Burfict into a parallel dimension, controversy ensues.
  • Steelers lose in very controversial fashion to the Pats in week 15
  • Antonio Brown is injured and sits out the last 2 games of the season
  • James Harrison gives the Steelers the middle finger & signs with the Pats
  • Haley breaks his pelvis during a bar fight of sorts on NYE.
  • Bell states he might refuse to play in 2018 if tagged again just days before the playoff game

Christ... Have we ever seen a more dramatic season than this one? I'm sure there's stuff that I'm forgetting too! Hollywood could write an easy script off all this.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, depending on the moves we make during the offseason, I'm really not that high on the Steelers. This year has shown me a side of the Steelers I've never seen before and I am not pleased at all.

The shit that went down in the beginning of the season with Le'Veon Bell
The off-hand, even though sarcastic, remarks by Ben after probably the worst game of his career
The situation with Martavis Bryant
The reaction from AB when he doesn't get thrown the ball
The way they just always play down to below average teams which is a coaching issue and has been an issue for a long time
The horrid play calling all year long on the offensive side of the ball and decision making during key times in key games
The back and forth between Ben and Haley
The way James Harrison's release was handled by the organization and the remarks made by players afterwards
All this shit happening over the last two weeks with Bell's comments and the players being interviewed and answering questions about the Patriots like we've already beaten the Jaguars

I am not happy with the Steelers organization the way it is right now. It all starts with the coaching staff and I believe we need a new coaching staff. I am one of the few I've seen on here to actually say we should not get rid of Mike Tomlin. But I believe that Todd Haley should be gone, Carnell Lake should be gone, maybe even looking into getting a replacement for Keith Butler.

This organization needs a turnaround and needs it now. Yes, we just had out best regular season record since 2004 but we literally have nothing to show for it other than an early exit from the playoffs and a 27th or 28th pick in the NFL draft. I am very disappointed in this team and how they've handled themselves this year. The moves they make to the coaching staff this offseason will determine how hard and how much I watch them next year.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all she wrote folks!

Thinking back to all that happened this season felt like it deserved a thread to encapsulate the shitstorm that was the 2017 season. Let's take a quick look back on all the drama in sequential order:

• Ben's offseason of contemplating retirement, finally announcing he'll play on April 7th, just a few short weeks prior to the draft.
  • Dan Rooney passes away the week after
  • Bell holds out of camp & preseason
  • Alejandro Villanueva stands alone for national anthem. Media/fan backlash ensues. September 24th.
  • Antonio Brown throws water cooler showing offensive turmoil amidst the Steelers 1st win at M&T Bank since Charlie Batch did it many years ago - October 1st
  • Ben contemplates if he "has it anymore" after week 5's debacle, October 8th
  • Le'Veon Bell openly calls out playcalling for Steelers offensive woes - October 9th
  • Martavis Bryant requests trade around mid-October for a few weeks, before opening it up to the media
  • If that weren't enough, Bryant also threw Smith-Schuster under the bus on social media during all that drama
  • Bryant gets suspended for 1 game against the Lions
  • JuJu's bike got stolen. October 20th-ish
  • Ryan Shazier gets borderline paralyzed on December 4th
  • In that same Bungal game Juju hits Vontaze Burfict into a parallel dimension, controversy ensues.
  • Steelers lose in very controversial fashion to the Pats in week 15
  • Antonio Brown is injured and sits out the last 2 games of the season
  • James Harrison gives the Steelers the middle finger & signs with the Pats
  • Haley breaks his pelvis during a bar fight of sorts on NYE.
  • Bell states he might refuse to play in 2018 if tagged again just days before the playoff game

Christ... Have we ever seen a more dramatic season than this one? I'm sure there's stuff that I'm forgetting too! Hollywood could write an easy script off all this.

Yea, you missed some...... lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is when it's healthy to have some other life activities that you enjoy...the days of pouring my heart and soul out on the Steelers are over.

It was a bizarre yr in many ways. I'm curious to see what, if any changes they make....at this point they need to make some.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is when it's healthy to have some other life activities that you enjoy...the days of pouring my heart and soul out on the Steelers are over.

It was a bizarre yr in many ways. I'm curious to see what, if any changes they make....at this point they need to make some.
If I ever make it out to the southeast this year we are going to play 36 holes & drink an equal amount of beer...

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I fish a lot. But I don't ice fish. Pretty sure my fat ass would fall right through.

So i have nothing. I mean I have kids. I could try talking to them I guess.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fish a lot. But I don't ice fish. Pretty sure my fat ass would fall right through.

So i have nothing. I mean I have kids. I could try talking to them I guess.

I hear ya. LOL.

Fishing is a great past time...I play golf, and listen to music. I've just finish building (buying) my new audio system...incredible sounding, but definitely a fringe hobby for most people.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. LOL.

Fishing is a great past time...I play golf, and listen to music. I've just finish building (buying) my new audio system...incredible sounding, but definitely a fringe hobby for most people.
I've become an avid bass fisherman. It's kind of replaced taking shooting classes and shooting competitions for me. I'm getting old.

Tried golf once. Not really my thing. I'm a big music guy. Played guitar all my life up until about 6-7 years ago. Grew up metal. More rock and roll and fringe country now (The Pine Box Boys are my newest obsession). Not really an audiophile though. I was when I was in bands but I'm usually good with the stock systems in cars now lol. As long as they interface with iPhone and Spotify.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've become an avid bass fisherman. It's kind of replaced taking shooting classes and shooting competitions for me. I'm getting old.

Tried golf once. Not really my thing. I'm a big music guy. Played guitar all my life up until about 6-7 years ago. Grew up metal. More rock and roll and fringe country now (The Pine Box Boys are my newest obsession). Not really an audiophile though. I was when I was in bands but I'm usually good with the stock systems in cars now lol. As long as they interface with iPhone and Spotify.

My boss has a nice bass boat that is garaged here in the warehouse...rarely goes out. My golf buddy is a big fisherman or was...sold his boat about 5 or 6 years ago.

I went deep sea fishing when we lived in Jersey a few times...loved it, but my stomach not so much. When my dad passed, I didn't do much fishing anymore. Not that we did it a lot, but I remember the times we did.

Now that my kids are grown...we talk more now than we ever did when they were grade school age. Especially my daughter (28)...we talk every week almost.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Golf...either it bites you or it doesn't. I started playing at a late age (mid 30s) but kinda caught on fairly quick and got hooked. Now mid 50s, and no kids to take care of...it's my time to play...frustrating but fun at the same time.

IDK if I like the term audiophile, because in this industry it can quickly turn into audiophool, but I do care about the sound quality almost as much as the content so maybe I am an audiophile...lol.

I've been heavy into music probably since '82-'83 and my 1st career gig...I bought my 1st "hifi" system and stayed with that until the mid 90s and I bought a pair a 800 series B&W speakers and they have been the foundation of my system until about a month ago.

These new speakers are truly transparent, what goes in is what comes out...compressed files (digital files less than 16bit/44khz...i.e. a redbook CD) sound like crap, but CD quality to high res can be awesome depending on the mater recording.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf...either it bites you or it doesn't. I started playing at a late age (mid 30s) but kinda caught on fairly quick and got hooked. Now mid 50s, and no kids to take care of...it's my time to play...frustrating but fun at the same time.

IDK if I like the term audiophile, because in this industry it can quickly turn into audiophool, but I do care about the sound quality almost as much as the content so maybe I am an audiophile...lol.

I've been heavy into music probably since '82-'83 and my 1st career gig...I bought my 1st "hifi" system and stayed with that until the mid 90s and I bought a pair a 800 series B&W speakers and they have been the foundation of my system until about a month ago.

These new speakers are truly transparent, what goes in is what comes out...compressed files (digital files less than 16bit/44khz...i.e. a redbook CD) sound like crap, but CD quality to high res can be awesome depending on the mater recording.
Last speakers I bought were Peavy 15" for our PA about 16-17 years ago haha.

That's cool though man. While I don't delve into it personally, I appreciate the good stuff.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bridgeburner

Since the season is over...why not go sideways with the thread?

The cover was off, so I figured you could appreciate these pics.

Attachments

• bass1.JPG
    bass1.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 3
  • bass2.JPG
    bass2.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last speakers I bought were Peavy 15" for our PA about 16-17 years ago haha.

That's cool though man. While I don't delve into it personally, I appreciate the good stuff.

Yep, I do too...that's the crazy part about this hobby...the costs can quickly go from reasonably expensive to insane. There are people out there with more money than brains or extremely sensitive hearing thus the term audiophool.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I do too...that's the crazy part about this hobby...the costs can quickly go from reasonably expensive to insane. There are people out there with more money than brains or extremely sensitive hearing thus the term audiophool.
Every hobby can get expensive quick. Anything electronic starts at expensive and just gets worse from there though haha.

I don't even know how much I would be able to really get out of truly high end equipment. My hearing is shit now. I've got that "itis" can't remember which one... where you have the constant ringing in the ears. Damn heavy metal band. All it got me was ringing in the ears and the conversation piece of being able to tell people I was in a band called "Dickpig".

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every hobby can get expensive quick. Anything electronic starts at expensive and just gets worse from there though haha.

I don't even know how much I would be able to really get out of truly high end equipment. My hearing is shit now. I've got that "itis" can't remember which one... where you have the constant ringing in the ears. Damn heavy metal band. All it got me was ringing in the ears and the conversation piece of being able to tell people I was in a band called "Dickpig".

Playing in a cover band or a recording band...that's an experience.

Heavy Metal boy...uhm...that can wear on your hearing after while just listening to it...I can't imagine playing it at concert levels a lot.

Funny, true (I think) story...one of my golf buddies bought a 2nd home in Jamaica. The place is in Ocha Rios and he was at a bar, went outside for a smoke and this guy walks up to him ask for a cig...they strike up a conversation. They were talking about the band in the bar and my friend said yeah I used to play drums in a band...the guy said yeah I play some guitar...you might've heard of the band...The Rolling Stones...the guy was Keith Richards!

He showed me the pics on his phone...I'm like wow....it looked like Keith Richards, but I don't think he would BS me.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awesome!

My claim to fame was hanging out with Donnie Iris a few times haha.

That's pretty cool!

I don't have any such cool claims to fame...my closest, I was in a bar once and the actor Leslie Nelson was holding court, buying drinks for everyone that he didn't know at the bar. Fun time.