• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

young bull vs old bull

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a story where i am from back in old fredericksburg VA about a young bull and an old bull gazing into a field of cows

the young bull said " hey lets run down to that field and maybe we can fuck a cow "

the old bull said " no, lets walk and fuck them all "

apparently 396 didnt take that lesson to heart .

he rushed into a trade with for CDC without seeing where the market could lead . he wasted 2 resources in the process

now the younger case keenum is available in FA and could have been had without giving up any valuable resources

now the numbers

keenum 11-3 rec 67.6 % 3547 yds 22tds 7ints 98.3 rating
CDC 9-6 record 67.5% 4042 yds 26 tds 5 ints 104.7 rating

now its hard for me to tell where the SDFC is this week because they change positions more often then i change socks but keenum had a better record (wins ) then CDC (who played more games
they were pretty close in yds (considering case played fewer games ) Tds and ints and a bigger gap in ratings . so i am looking at one qb at age 30 and another at 34

both would cost just about the same

and one had his team in a conference title game and one choked to a lesser opponent

CDC started out 5-0 , but faded to 4-5 in the 2nd half then add the playoff choke at home to the lesser team

keenum got a playoff win in heroic fashion , and then got dismantled by the super bowl winning eagles

now is anyone going to make the case , that keenum couldnt have been as good as KC or CDC

because since the SDFC moved the goalposts from being BETTER to JUST AS GOOD or as i like it treading water , no one thinks this would have been a VIABLE route to take if we exercised any kind of patience ?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bull story was on the movie COLORS robert duvall told it to sean penn i love that story

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alex wants to be in DC Kirk did not enlight of the keenum news you could be right only if we could get him i would think but to defend the FO i would say waiting we could have missed out on Alex and keenum could have said no to us kind of treading on water

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alex wants to be in DC Kirk did not enlight of the keenum news you could be right only if we could get him i would think but to defend the FO i would say waiting we could have missed out on Alex and keenum could have said no to us kind of treading on water

Alex wanted to be where ALL aging former Pro Bowlers want to be.. In DC where they can get that last big paycheck and even if they suck, its par for the course.