• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You'd think CFB could get one quality match-up for Thursday

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might not turn out to be such a 'bad' early season game, actually.

It should be a good one. Two super physical teams that like to pound the rock. San Diego State's defense is stout man. I expect for them to give Stanford all they can handle again. I'm really looking forward to it.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one actually wants their team to play that night. Michigan's done it in the past and it feelsl ike you miss out a bit on that opening saturday of CFB.

I kind of like the idea though. If it's a decent match up the entire nation will be watching which is good exposure, even for a big time program. There's no other teams to compete with for attention. You also get extra time to prepare and rest for week two.

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern-Purdue will be a good game.

2 Big10 teams opening against each other. Both coming off
excellent seasons for each of them. Can Brohm build on his
magic at Purdue?

Physically, they'll be evenly matched football teams. It'll be
a good game. That game has the possibility to go back and forth
all night long.

Not huge names but should be very competitive......LOve what Brohm is doing their and I will have some money riding on the Boilermakers

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like the idea though. If it's a decent match up the entire nation will be watching which is good exposure, even for a big time program. There's no other teams to compete with for attention. You also get extra time to prepare and rest for week two.
We've done it a couple times in recent years. It just wasn't as fun once you hit that Saturday where everyone else is "getting up it's gameday" and you have to wait another week. Plus it always feels out of whack to work on a day your team plays.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when Ohio State and Texas play at the same time.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've done it a couple times in recent years. It just wasn't as fun once you hit that Saturday where everyone else is "getting up it's gameday" and you have to wait another week. Plus it always feels out of whack to work on a day your team plays.

Fair point. But look at it this way. You can watch your team and then watch all of the other games that you wouldn’t have otherwise watched during your team’s game if it would have been played on Saturday. You get to see more football. That’s how I feel when Boise plays on a Thursday or Friday which is often.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious how Ohio St and Texas are both options when watching college football with passion?

I went to Ohio State when I lived in Cleveland. I'm a big fan. I moved to Texas in 1987 and became a Longhorns fan. So I cheer for both and hope they don't play each other.

For the first Saturday of the coming season, both are on at 11AM. Bummer.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to Ohio State when I lived in Cleveland. I'm a big fan. I moved to Texas in 1987 and became a Longhorns fan. So I cheer for both and hope they don't play each other.

Pick a shitty and stay with them. My advice.

But seriously how you’re anything but an Ohio State fan I’ll never know.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick a shitty and stay with them. My advice.

But seriously how you’re anything but an Ohio State fan I’ll never know.

I live in Texas and I needed a Texas team to cheer for. We got 3 natty's between us this century. Not bad.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Texas and I needed a Texas team to cheer for. We got 3 natty's between us this century. Not bad.

My mother had season tickets to PSU for a few years In the 90’s and a year in the 00’s. I loved them growing up.

But I went to school elsewhere, and now only root for them when they are playing the buck nuts and Meatchicken.

That’s why I ask.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mother had season tickets to PSU for a few years In the 90’s and a year in the 00’s. I loved them growing up.

But I went to school elsewhere, and now only root for them when they are playing the buck nuts and Meatchicken.

That’s why I ask.

Oh I see. OSU has to go to PSU this year. Probably another white out game? At least Barkley is gone. Should be a good game.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not huge names but should be very competitive......LOve what Brohm is doing their and I will have some money riding on the Boilermakers

Yep...and the operative word is competitive. It'll be a good game.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you lived in Cleveland and attended Ohio State. Were you also born and raised in Ohio? If so you’re obviously a fan of whoever you choose to be but to me that should make you an Ohio State fan 100%.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. But look at it this way. You can watch your team and then watch all of the other games that you wouldn’t have otherwise watched during your team’s game if it would have been played on Saturday. You get to see more football. That’s how I feel when Boise plays on a Thursday or Friday which is often.
I guess. But football Saturdays just seem empty to me when my team has already played.