• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You know what I hate about the review system?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really annoys me how these refs cannot think on their own. Anytime it's in the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter and players/coaches scream for a review on a out of bounds call, the refs always give in and end up reviewing it even though if it is an obvious call. This just happened in the OKC/HOU game. Garcia clearly knocked the ball out but because all the Rockets players and coaches were screaming for a review, these idiots give in and wasted a minute or two to review it. If there is honestly no doubt in your mind that the correct call was made why would you even give in to the players and coaches?

If you're going to review everything that players and coaches scream about, what is the point of this review system? Why not go to a challenge system like the NFL in that case?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you need calls to be right but if you know without a doubt that the correct call was made, why would you review it just because players and coaches are bitching about it if you had no intentions of reviewing it before?

It really kills the last 2 minutes of games because they review every single out of bounds call

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the review system - the plays get called better at the time everyone is going to gripe the most, they can sell a few extra commercials and make more money

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when they go to the monitor and can not reverse fouls called

Prince™

Killa B
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll if they are going to use it, it's only fair they use it for everything if a team asks. Although I would prefer if the ref was 100% certain on an obvious call to not use the review.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what you are seeing is the refs realizing that even when they are 100% certain they have been wrong. I cant count how many times I thought I had the correct call watching on TV and another angle shows the opposite.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they are trying to get things right. That's the whole point of the replay. If it is going to be part of the game, then any inkling of doubt should result in going to the replay. It may seem unnecessary to us watching it on TV, but that doesn't mean it was completely obvious to the refs. The last 2 minutes of an NBA game generally take forever anyway. A few extra minutes is no big deal if that's what it takes to get the call right.