• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You Heard It Here First!

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn Nets vs. LA Clippers in the 2013-2014 NBA Finals. (I'm rooting for Boston but we're having a down year (singular)).

Brooklyn is deep.

C) Brook Lopez, Andray Blatche, Mason Plumlee
PF) Kevin Garnett, Reggie Evans
SF) Paul Pierce, Andrei Kirilenko
SG) Joe Johnson, Jason Terry
PG) Deron Williams, Shaun Livington, Tyshaun Taylor

That's one helluva 10-man rotation. Jason Kidd has a championship team to work with out of the gates and probably the only team that will be able to match up with Miami in the East.

The Clippers have tremendous talent and a GREAT coach.

C) Deandre Jordan, Ryan Hollins
PF) Blake Griffin, Lamar Odom
SF) Matt Barnes
SG) JJ Redick, Jamal Crawford
PG) Chris Paul, Darren Collison

I'm forgetting a few but I predict the Clippers escape the West to set up an NBA Finals that will draw BIG ratings.

What do you think? Word.

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Matt Barnes is a cruddy SF. But I would love to see that matchup in the finals. Heat will probably win it all again, but one can dream, right?

Word to yo mutha. RIP Trayvon

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Garnet is old and falling apart and Paul Pierce with his gangsta signs is nothing but an old vato with no legs - ROFL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn Nets vs. LA Clippers in the 2013-2014 NBA Finals. (I'm rooting for Boston but we're having a down year (singular)).

Brooklyn is deep.

That's one helluva 10-man rotation. Jason Kidd has a championship team to work with out of the gates and probably the only team that will be able to match up with Miami in the East.

SF) Matt Barnes

I'm forgetting a few but I predict the Clippers escape the West to set up an NBA Finals that will draw BIG ratings.

What do you think? Word.

Very possible, imo!! Each team has some issues to overcome though!!

For the Nets, it's going to come down to how much KG and Pierce have left in the tank and how much they are required to play in the regular season!! If they have to log heavy minutes in the regular season (or get old overnight as we've seen happen with players), then Brooklyn will have trouble. If they are the Pierce and KG of last year, they very well could get there!!

For the Clippers it will come down to "mental toughness" (particularly with Blake Griffin) and whether or not Doc Rivers can teach them that!! It would be kind of neat to see a couple of teams who have never been, get there!! Especially since it's pretty clear we're going to have to wait a couple seasons to get another Lakers/Celtics finals!!

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brooklyn is deep.

SF) Matt Barnes

What do you think? Word.

I think that Nets team is too slow and won't get past the Pacers, Bulls, or Heat.
I think that Clippers team has issues with the Thunder, Memphis, SA, Warriors....too many in the West too say who comes out against the Heat, but the Clippers don't make my list. They will be fun to watch in the regular season, but done early in the playoffs.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do I think? I think you out your damn mind!

Word up!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like the Clippers pick. Depending on how the Heat are next year this looks a lot more wide open than it has been the last 2.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thunder Vs Heat Thunder win.. heat teams blows up and the peices are scattered

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like the Clippers pick. Depending on how the Heat are next year this looks a lot more wide open than it has been the last 2.

As good as the Heat are, making the finals 4 years in a row is a very difficult thing to do!! Playing so many extra games every season takes a toll on a team. Older players get older, nagging injuries (D-Wade) don't get as much time to heal, etc. Plus, it's hard to keep everyone healthy for 4 straight seasons.

Not saying that the Heat can't do it, just that it's going to be difficult to pull off!!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the CLIPPERS.

They really were not a contender in 2012 or 2013.
They were a second tier Western team below the Spurs and Thunder.

They lose Caron Butler, Chauncey Billups, Eric Bledsoe, Grant Hill, and LIKELY Lamar Odom.
They gain JJ Redick and Jared Dudley.

I am not entirely sure that makes them any better in talent.
It might make them worse in talent.

Doc Rivers is a good coach, but the NBA is still talent driven.

If you put Phil Jackson on the Atlanta Hawks, they don't become the #1 seed....any more than adding Rivers makes the second tier Clippers the team to beat.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder will get Westbrook back but they also lost Kevin Martin. I don't see them advancing to the finals. The Spurs have a shot but they are a year older with basically the same team. The Lakers plain stink. The Rockets is a possibility. It'll depend on what Dwight Howard adds. The Warriors are intriguing because of the Igoudala addition but they lost Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry. I believe they will be better than last year overall. Hell, how about a Clippers/Warriors WCF?

Don't sleep on Brooklyn. I wouldn't be surprised to see Truth average 20 this season. Top to bottom they will be extremely tough and will go as far as Jason Kidd's coaching will take them.

Word.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. I forgot about Jared Dudley.

C) Deandre Jordan, Ronny Turiaf
SF) Jared Dudley, Matt Barnes

I like that roster. Especially if DeAndre Jordan and/or Blake Griffin can turn it up a notch production-wise. They are going to play their hearts out for Doc Rivers. Word.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the CLIPPERS.

They really were not a contender in 2012 or 2013.
They were a second tier Western team below the Spurs and Thunder.

They lose Caron Butler, Chauncey Billups, Eric Bledsoe, Grant Hill, and LIKELY Lamar Odom.
They gain JJ Redick and Jared Dudley.

I am not entirely sure that makes them any better in talent.
It might make them worse in talent.

Doc Rivers is a good coach, but the NBA is still talent driven.

If you put Phil Jackson on the Atlanta Hawks, they don't become the #1 seed....any more than adding Rivers makes the second tier Clippers the team to beat.

If memory serves, part of the Clippers issue last season was they didn't have any consistent outside shooters. So when defenses slowed "lob city", they couldn't hit from the perimeter consistently and it cost them!!

Imo, Redick and Dudley help with that!! Don't know if it's enough to get them to the next level, but with Doc as coach, I wouldn't count them out!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves, part of the Clippers issue last season was they didn't have any consistent outside shooters. So when defenses slowed "lob city", they couldn't hit from the perimeter consistently and it cost them!!

Imo, Redick and Dudley help with that!! Don't know if it's enough to get them to the next level, but with Doc as coach, I wouldn't count them out!!

:agree: One of their issues was inconsistent outside shooting. Both Reddick and Dudley should help that cause.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: One of their issues was inconsistent outside shooting. Both Reddick and Dudley should help that cause.

Their other issue was that they weren't better than Memphis come the grind of the playoffs and they still aren't. And Memphis is not the best team in the West. I think the Clips still need a favorable matchup to even make it to round 2.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Brooklyn is deep.

SF) Matt Barnes

What do you think? Word.

The West is really tough. Could see the Clippers but could just as easily see the Spurs (veterans), Thunder (athletes), Rockets (if they gel quickly) or Grizzlies. As far as the Nets, I am not sure. In the playoffs, it comes down to top 7 or 8 max as the starters will get heavy minutes.

In that scenario, do you think the top 7 or 8 of the Nets match up with the top 7 or 8 of the Pacers, Bulls or Heat? Maybe in terms of being savy but not sure athletic enough to keep up.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Nets lost to the depleted Bulls while having home court advantage. KG and Paul Pierce are another year older and Kidd is a rookie head coach, and this is supposed to put them over the top?

The threat to Miami this upcoming season will be Indiana. Hibbert and Paul George will be better. I'm not concerned about Danny Grainger as he only takes possessions away from the other two players who are actually better than him. Miami has beaten Chicago in its first year of the Big 3 era when they had next to nothing of a bench while Chicago was known for its "bench mob". I say that as I always hear about Derrick Rose not playing and Miami was lucky.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs and Thunder are still better than the Clippers.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brooklyn is deep.

SF) Matt Barnes

What do you think? Word.

Warriors are arguably better than both on paper but we will see

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so much great basketball to watch next year!!!

just saw I do not even need cable and can just stream the games to my laptop watching up to 4 games at once? yea, I am buying the shit out of that shit!!!

:squeeze: :drink: :hdn: :preggers:

Last edited by a moderator: