• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You guys watching USF-Cincy?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some refuse to acknowledge that Holgorsen has grown up since last year, claiming he was coaching the same last year as this.............

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I can't believe is that you do not see the difference in Holgorsen from last year to this year, He is coaching and calling plays completely different, much more run game, less passes, emphasis on the whole team, not just offense, acts like an adult on the sideline, talks like a man instead of an arrogant kid at press conference, plays the odds on play calls, rather than just going balls to the wall on 4th down.

Once again, I don't know if you are simply messing with everyone on here, or if you are trying to be serious.

Let's consider that you're being sincere.

1. Is Dana acting like an adult on the sideline? I believe Dana looks calm on the sideline. I think Dana is confident in Clint's abilities to run his offense this year. I think Dana was confident when Geno was his QB and acted similarly. Last year, I think Dana was trying to put some energy into his team because there was none. They were inexperienced, and he knew for them to be competitive they had to play great. This year, the kids playing have a year of experience in his offense. What I think is cool… they have yet to play a great game.

2. I think he talks to the media the same way he has done the last two years. His first year as the HC was going to be an adjustment because it was a new role for him. It's just that he is winning this year. So, perception of him has changed for some. Not for me…

3. I think Dana is an offensive genius. He adjusts his attack to meet the personnel he has. He schemes to attack the different kind of defenses he faces. Last year, he had no QB. Two were injured, and one has a weak arm. But, he called plays that gave his team the best chance to compete in every game. One of the most quiet hires, one which gets little praise… was the hire of Ron Crook from Stanford. With Crook's influence, WVU is now running power. You have to give Dana credit for this. He identified a weakness of his offense, and set a plan in motion to strengthen it. Last year, the kids were leftovers on the line… learned a new technique, and had mixed results. This year… look at the results. Now, when WVU is in short yardage situations, they have guys in the middle, and big RB's who can execute the power I running game. WVU uses TE's today. Another example to illustrate Dana's adaptability.

4. As a result of the moves he's made, his offense can better attack. Yesterday, Okie St elected to slow the passing game; therefore, they did not crowd the LOS. So, Dana was happy to go with the run. If a defense attempts to crowd the LOS, he will hurt them with the passing game.

5. These are not changes from one year to the next. These changes were implemented awhile ago and are coming to fruition today. We've tried to tell you this for two years now. This is not improvement in coaching. Just improved execution because the personnel are performing at a higher level due to their familiarity with the offense.

6. The defense is undersized. Stewart did not recruit well for the D-line, nor for the defense in general. You understand this point…. hence why you refuse to answer my request of you to list his DL recruits. You know kids were thrown to the wolves before they were ready. But, this experience is paying dividends this year. Like we've seen with Nehlen's teams, he had some years when he played a bunch of inexperienced kids and they would go 4-7. Those kids would later be upperclassmen, and their team's would go undefeated. Funny how that works…

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leavitt+Grimace.jpg

Who doesn't miss this guy and that goofy haircut?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as you run your mouth about them, you must. If you really feel that WVU is in a much better place being in the B12, why do you feel the need to try and put down games from other leagues? :lame:

Because if your Man Crush EDDIE P was still at the helm it could have been Wv.!!:lol:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not wrong about him, Holgorsen has grown greatly as a coach, last year he was horrible, and has made great strides this year, he has put aside the offense only mindset, he has learned a lot of clock management that he sucked at last year, he has learned to run the ball, Holgorsen has come much more to coaching how I like than I have moved toward his ways. As to the never ending loss pouring on our former conference teams, I am a football fan, I enjoy watching two evenly matched teams playing, be it nfl or pee wee ball . I find it hilarious that in one breath 10-7 is a whole other level, but in the next it is a mark of lousy ball, depending strictly on the be a of the teams involved.

DAD I do love you sometimes!...I give you credit , you dig those heels in!!..there is no give in your game!...too funny!:lol:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I can't believe is that you do not see the difference in Holgorsen from last year to this year, He is coaching and calling plays completely different, much more run game, less passes, emphasis on the whole team, not just offense, acts like an adult on the sideline, talks like a man instead of an arrogant kid at press conference, plays the odds on play calls, rather than just going balls to the wall on 4th down.

What's that mean? that he doesn't rant as much!?!?...well that's because they are executing most likely!!!..if that is how you measure an adult...SABAN must be thought of as an 8 year old in your book??

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD I do love you sometimes!...I give you credit , you dig those heels in!!..there is no give in your game!...too funny!:lol:

Are you saying that Holgorsen is coaching the same as last year? He has said himself that HE is calling the plays this year, rather than Dawson, he has said he has taken more interest in the strength and conditioning program, he has said he is more in tune with the defense than ever before, and the change in demeanor when talking is obvious to all but the most hard headed Luck lovers.:gaah: