• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You can't spell Ole Miss without Les Miles

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
micQ6U7.gif

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm in the minority here......I don't think he fits that campus or program

I've heard other names thrown around like Chad Morris......not sure I get the hype on him, he hasn't done anything.....but he's rumored for this job and the Texas A&M job after Sumlin gets canned

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm in the minority here......I don't think he fits that campus or program

I've heard other names thrown around like Chad Morris......not sure I get the hype on him, he hasn't done anything.....but he's rumored for this job and the Texas A&M job after Sumlin gets canned
You don't think a coach with a national title belongs at a school known for losing?

I think it would be a great hire for them. They aren't going to do better than that.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think a coach with a national title belongs at a school known for losing?

I think it would be a great hire for them. They aren't going to do better than that.

I don't think Les fits the culture there. And I don't think he's a particularly good coach. He didn't win a NT......it was more like nobody else won it either........you shouldn't call yourself a champ if all you can claim is you were the best 2 loss team - and even that is arguable.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just all hope and pray that Les goes to Ole Miss. Can't think of anyone I would rather have there. Tigerbait will be ecstatic.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Les fits the culture there. And I don't think he's a particularly good coach. He didn't win a NT......it was more like nobody else won it either........you shouldn't call yourself a champ if all you can claim is you were the best 2 loss team - and even that is arguable.
But Ole Miss is a historically bad football team that only had a few decent years in the last 10. Outside of that, they were lucky to go to a bowl game on any given year. Getting a coach like Miles would be huge for them, especially in the condition they are in.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just all hope and pray that Les goes to Ole Miss. Can't think of anyone I would rather have there. Tigerbait will be ecstatic.
The LSU vs. Ole Miss games would be fantastic.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How awesome would that hire be?

Les back in the SEC West to battle Alabama, AND he can show LSU what a bonehead move it was to fire him.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tigerbait liked Les. He jumped me about clowning on Les at one point. Of course I told him to F' off.....

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right after Freeze got canned, Mike Shepard of Bleacher Report put forth the following 8 coaches as his eventual possible replacement: Mike Norvell, HC at Memphis, former OC at Tulsa, Pitt & Arizona St; Les Miles, out of work former coach at LSU & Oklahoma St.; Blake Anderson, HC at Arkansas St, former OC at Southern Miss & North Carolina under Larry Fedora; Brent Venables, DC at Clemson & formerly at Oklahoma & Kansas St; Lane Kiffen, HC at Florida Atlantic, former OC at Alabama, brief HC stints at Tennessee & USC; Scott Frost, HC at Central Florida who took over an 0-12 program & guided them to a bowl game in 6-7 record in his first season; Bobby Petrino, HC at Louisville who also guided Arkansas before being ousted in a sex-related scandal; Mike MacIntyre, HC who turned around the program at Colorado after doing the same at San Jose St.

Here's my assessment of his picks:

1. Norvell - It's hard to tell after just one season as head coach, but he seems to be on the right track. Ole Miss & Memphis recruit from much of the same area, so there would be familiarity with many of the prospects & high schools, but I don't think Norvell would want to step into the mess that he will have to deal with in Oxford.

2. Miles - He's a good coach, but not a great one. His downfall at LSU was his resistance to change. Has familiarity with prime Louisiana recruiting grounds, but he would be behind the 8-ball here at Ole Miss. It doesn't seem like a snug fit to me.

3. Anderson - competing in the SEC West is a whole lot different than playing in the Sun Belt. I doubt he could get the job done here, but he might make a good coordinator in the SEC.

4. Venables - I can't see him leaving Clemson for the worst job in the SEC West.

5. Kiffen - His track record as a head coach is too spotty, as is his decision-making in hiring former Baylor staff & recruiting athletes with a shady past at FAU.

6. Frost - He's done a nice job at UCF, and might be interested in the Ole Miss job. I don't know enough about him to assess the cultural fit.

7. Petrino - Not likely to leave Louisville to start over in this miasma. If he ever returns to the SEC, it would probably be to an eastern division team.

8. Mike MacIntyre - He hails from SEC country, but seems to have found a niche in the west, and I'm not sure he's looking to come back east. Maybe if the right situation were to arise; but I think it would have to be somewhere with more upside than presently exists at Ole Miss.

Of all the above names, Norvell would probably be the best fit.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to tell if Miles legit wants the job or not because regardless of whether or not he wants to coach there he has to say he does and go on interviews otherwise he won't collect that 4 mill from LSU.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Les, you want to go to this program that is about to get huge sanctions and will be non competitive for nearly a decade because of said sanctions?
tenor.gif

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I was thinking. If Sumlin gets axed, he would be my guess. I would think Sumlin can't have another 4 or 5 loss season.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How awesome would that hire be?

Les back in the SEC West to battle Alabama, AND he can show LSU what a bonehead move it was to fire him.
Ole Miss is about to get hammered by the NCAA. They're not going to be beating anyone for a while regardless of who their coach is

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ole Miss job is a death sentence for whoever takes the job.
Not sure why all these names are being thrown around.