• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankees beer foam faces on your brew violates MLB rules

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's kinda weird.
I remember Rock telling me years ago that he used to get a Liberace foam face in his latte from Starbucks.....

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mlb can do what they want, but that is great technology. Eventually they will be doing that at concerts, strip clubs, frat parties......the possibilities are endless

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the $14 they should have one of them sit next to me as I drink it
Yup, with their wives or GF's blowing you.....The prices paid for crappy products at all the stadiums is insane....I'll have two hot dogs and two shitty beers....That's $44 please.....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, with their wives or GF's blowing you.....The prices paid for crappy products at all the stadiums is insane....I'll have two hot dogs and two shitty beers....That's $44 please.....

I kind of understand the beer since you really don't want a bunch of people getting drunk. End of day it's a sporting event that involves all type of people, some who are underage or don't care to drink and want to enjoy the game. You go to a bar for drinking and alcohol licenses are expensive.

But the food!? That's what always blows my mind. $6-8 for a fuckin' hot dog that probably cost $0.25 given the bulk orders and free advertising/promotion the vendors get.

Least Atlanta had the right idea, although this was back in 2016. Not sure if it was implemented. Can a Falcons fan confirm?

Falcons to lower food prices at new stadium: $2 for hot dogs, soft drinks

I guess prices stay high because supply/demand. If your team is winning people will go and prob. just fork it out. If your team is losing and few people are showing up, they are probably die hards and going to buy food anyway. And since you have to run those concession stands the cost is fixed... I assume the high cost is calculated for when attendance is like <50%. And it's too difficult and doesn't make sense to lower prices when attendance is high and then raise them when low.