• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The X-Files

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I preferred the first episode since thats what I thought all 6 would be about. next two were very disappointing to me, I am looking forward to tomorrows finale. I would not mind if mulder and scully get reunited with their son on a space ship and they start this up again with the two young ones looking for them.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT.....THE......FUCK...was that?

I thought the episode was really good up until the ending that never actually ended.

Is the audience supposed to blindly assume that the DNA of Mulder and Scully's child saved humanity, without the audience even remotely knowing beforehand that the child was abducted by aliens?

Also, what came of the telekinetic siblings in the first the two episodes?

This season had its moments, but assuming this was it, they fucked it up in about the worst way imaginable. Unbelievable.

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF. Unless they plan on doing more that was the worst ending ever.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT.....THE......FUCK...was that?

I thought the episode was really good up until the ending that never actually ended.

Is the audience supposed to blindly assume that the DNA of Mulder and Scully's child saved humanity, without the audience even remotely knowing beforehand that the child was abducted by aliens?

Also, what came of the telekinetic siblings in the first the two episodes?

This season had its moments, but assuming this was it, they fucked it up in about the worst way imaginable. Unbelievable.
Maybe you would have enjoyed it more if you were on drugs.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There most likely are more episodes being filmed.

Probably not being filmed at the moment, but yeah, I tend to think FOX produced two endings, based on the ratings, with this one being the "see you next winter" one.

The "we're wrapping up the show" ending would have had much more closure to it.

If that's the case, they showed me enough this season that I'll watch, but if they deviate from the main story arc, it needs to be "Trashman" caliber material, not comedy Lizardman, five minutes of Mulder tripping balls at a honky tonk (though that was pretty fucking funny) crap.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not being filmed at the moment, but yeah, I tend to think FOX produced two endings, based on the ratings, with this one being the "see you next winter" one.

The "we're wrapping up the show" ending would have had much more closure to it.

If that's the case, they showed me enough this season that I'll watch, but if they deviate from the main story arc, it needs to be "Trashman" caliber material, not comedy Lizardman, five minutes of Mulder tripping balls at a honky tonk (though that was pretty fucking funny) crap.
The Trashman episode was my favorite.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That entire episode was a complete mess.

Wow, amazingly bad.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe to assume there will be more X-Files. Either another season or another movie. No way that's it.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do make more shows I hope they kill off Einstein pretty early. Either that or make her a lot less annoying. Even the most skeptic version of Scully was a lot less bitchy about it. I actually don't mind Miller though.

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do make more shows I hope they kill off Einstein pretty early. Either that or make her a lot less annoying. Even the most skeptic version of Scully was a lot less bitchy about it. I actually don't mind Miller though.

Agreed. Although I think their probably toying with the idea of her and Miller carrying the X files torch. She's just not a likable character.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, they spent alot of time at the beginning retelling the story again. I think Einstein would be fine if they kept going, she got the reality check it took Dana years and years to accept. I could actually buy that they abducted the hot ukranian chick before the car blew up, and she was in the ship with mulder and skullys son with Aunt Samantha because you know these people had a part in getting him from the adoption agency.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That entire episode was a complete mess.

Wow, amazingly bad.

I would not go that far, as I was on the edge of my seat for most of the episode.

The Smoking Man and Mulder scene was great, but casual viewers/X-Files fans probably will not fully appreciate it. Duchovny, despite seemingly going through the motions for most of the season, perfectly recaptured mid-1990s Mulder there.

My initial response to the episode was largely based off frustration over how it ended, but if it was setting up a part 2 of the mini-series next Fall or Winter, then it work really well.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not go that far, as I was on the edge of my seat for most of the episode.

The Smoking Man and Mulder scene was great, but casual viewers/X-Files fans probably will not fully appreciate it. Duchovny, despite seemingly going through the motions for most of the season, perfectly recaptured mid-1990s Mulder there.

My initial response to the episode was largely based off frustration over how it ended, but if it was setting up a part 2 of the mini-series next Fall or Winter, then it work really well.
I don't think it worked well because I'm reading more people hating the ending, if not the whole episode, than I hear are intrigued by it.
I loved the show for years. Since about halfway through the initial run the alien/overall conspiracy episodes have been terrible. Often they had good setups then fell apart in the second half. Last night's was just a mess from the beginning on. I wasn't expecting it to be good, but it was far worse than I thought.
Thank goodness they brought Reyes back, she was as underwhelming as she was in the original.
I like the sped up fight scene so we wouldn't notice how old Duchovny is.

I won't be excited about the show as long as Carter is in control. If they buy him out like they did Roddenberry and Lucas, Im all in. If not I guess some standalone episodes might be OK but the overall mythology ones will suck.

Great review:

At its best moments, the finale is feverish and crazed and almost gripping. Carter swings for the fences on this one, and he deserves acknowledgement for the risk.

It’s a shame that he’s a terrible writer, then. To be fair, he was always a terrible writer. The show’s early success can be attributed to its aesthetic, its two protagonists, and, okay, Carter’s grasp of the cultural zeitgeist. He stumbled onto one great idea, and he did what he could with it, and god bless him for that, but that dour, po-faced bullshit no longer sells. His dialogue sounds like it was translated from the Greek by a person who speaks excellent German, and his plotting is… well, you all watched tonight, right? It’s nonsense. It’s not even fun nonsense anymore. It’s just forced and laughable and, yeah, kind of painful for anyone who loved the series in its prime.

Then the ship we saw in “My Struggle” shows up, and—It’s a fucking cliffhanger. For a miniseries. One with no announced return date.

More:
It’s the end of the world, and The X-Files feels awful

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Einstein would be fine if they kept going, she got the reality check it took Dana years and years to accept.

I don't mind that she's a skeptic at all. That seems to be the formula that works for the show, and I hope she remains a skeptic if there are more episodes/movies. I just found it a bit annoying how condescending she is about it, especially for a rookie (or at least less experience agent) even to a more experienced agent of a similar background who for the most part shares her skepticism. I'm not sure if they are intentionally portraying her that way or if it's just a by product of them trying too hard to make sure we all get the fact that she's a skeptic much like Scully was originally and still is to a lesser extent.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming back for 10 more. The short run was hit or miss for me, but I enjoyed having more to watch at the end of the day. The Darin Morgan episode was my favorite, which makes sense since he always knocked it out of the park for me.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Whole reason the show was so good was a narrow focus on the Aliens and so ambiguous it contradicted itself, let the viewer feel as lost as Mulder. Once they decided to make a "Story" of it, the show suffered. It is why ever "Answer" was such a disappointment, so anything based on this story will suck...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Carter is still in charge so it will suck.