• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU's Road to the Big 12

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD,

What are your thoughts about our old rivalry games with VMI, George Washington, and Richmond?

Do you miss those too?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since old rivalries are useless, I wonder why the Steelers and Browns still play, Hell, Ohio State and Michigan should stop playing, and Auburn-Alabama, that is just a ridiculous game to play.

agreed, those games are just for money, we make plenty now..:yahoo:

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me laugh to read a bunch of "fans" say they don't care about a 100+ year rivalry, THAT is a laugh. A bunch of Ollie Luck fanboys just flapping in the breeze saying Yay Ollie to whatever he does.

Then...
:wtf2:Yet again, run your mouth before reading..... I gave Luck credit for trying and getyting some of our rivals back on the schedule.

I don't see any credit there, just your typical "Ollie Luck is the ruination of WVU" banter.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since old rivalries are useless, I wonder why the Steelers and Browns still play, Hell, Ohio State and Michigan should stop playing, and Auburn-Alabama, that is just a ridiculous game to play.

Steelers/Browns are in the same conference.
Ohio State/Michigan are in the same conference.
Auburn/Alabama are in the same conference.

WVU is not the only school that has lost rivalries. How is the Texas/Texas A&M rivalry?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVU is not the only school that has lost rivalries. How is the Texas/Texas A&M rivalry?

OU/ Nebraska
Texas/Arkansas
Mizzu/KU
Notre Dame/Army
WVU/Penn State

WVU/South Carolina was the bees knees back in the day til the freggin BigEast ruined all that.

Point is, life goes on.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Florida-FSU
Clemson-USCe
Georgia-GT
USC-ND

They are not in the same conference, yet manage to play every year.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then...

I don't see any credit there, just your typical "Ollie Luck is the ruination of WVU" banter.
:lame:

Try reading::::
DC, I think rivalry games are vital to sports of every level. High schools have rivals, colleges have rivals, NFL teams, MLB teams, soccer teams, I think Luck has seen this, and that is the reason he is striving to get some of our old rivals back on the schedule. I just cant believe so many guys are on here saying they grew tired of playing sPitt, just a flat out lie on their part trying to convince themselves that they like playing Kansas.....

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida-FSU
Clemson-USCe
Georgia-GT
USC-ND

They are not in the same conference, yet manage to play every year.

Luck has put together packages with VT (better for us than playing Pitt who nobody cares about anymore), Penn State ("), and looking like UT (").

Forge the relationships with programs that matter nationally and form rivalries with THEM, NOT the basketball centric schools.
Better money for both programs because of the interest of the fans on both sides (football first mentality) and the national interest as far as tv ect. Pitt's own fans don't even give a crap about their football program, why should we take a financial hit (compared to playing the PSU's, VT's, UT's ect) by playing them when we can have GREAT rivalries with better like minded programs?

Because we had history at one time? BAH!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why won't PITT agree to play WVU in football and basketball?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our traditional rivals are in the ACC, sPitt, VPI, 'Cuse, BC, Miami, plus I grew to like playing UL, and I am intrigued with Clemson, FSU, NCST. As to easier, I wouldnt bank on that, yes they have some crappy teams, but so does the B12. Of course with our current coach, it would be tough competition anywhere.

Big 12 is tougher than the ACC top to bottom and it isn't close. Several ESPN and FOX analysts have suggested several times that FSU had the easiest path to the BCS title EVER, and that was due to playing in a weak conference. ACC has much more crappy teams than the Big 12 as well. Unfortunately, traditional rivalries are now a thing of the past as money is the #1 most important thing for a school.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are in the same division maybe??:scratch: