• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU's new DL Coach

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WV MetroNews ? Bradley?s take on defensive line assignment: ?Coaching?s coaching?

At the bottom of the page is a video of Rose being interviewed yesterday. Once again, he mentions that Coach Bradley is teaching 3-3-5 technique from his freshman year.

Looks like our DL will be back in the gaps this fall.

This clears up some things on why Gibson was comfortable with Bradley coming in. I didn't know that Gibson went after Bradley himself. Good move on Gibson's part to bring in an experience coach to assist with that side of the ball. May eat crow if the 3-3-5 works but I'll gladly eat it if it does what is needed. Just make sure mine has a Cajun rub on it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the results of the past two years, it is easy to say the switch to the 3-4 didn't go too well.

From what I've read, Gibson wants to keep players at their positions throughout the year… similar to what Dana does with the offense. Have the kid see the field and know the responsibilities from just one position… so they can think less… and play faster. Barring injuries, the plan could help improve execution.

With the 3-4, the DL was supposed to attack behind the LOS to disrupt the offense. With what I've read and heard from comments like Rose's, the DL will go back to engaging the OL, and allowing the LB's and safeties to make plays.

With the composition of our DL, I'm guessing this is the best way to utilize them. I don't know that the past personnel was able to accomplish what they wanted them to in the 3-4.

Things cannot be much worse than what we've seen the past two years, so I'm hopeful the 3-3-5 will have better results.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the results of the past two years, it is easy to say the switch to the 3-4 didn't go too well.

From what I've read, Gibson wants to keep players at their positions throughout the year… similar to what Dana does with the offense. Have the kid see the field and know the responsibilities from just one position… so they can think less… and play faster. Barring injuries, the plan could help improve execution.

With the 3-4, the DL was supposed to attack behind the LOS to disrupt the offense. With what I've read and heard from comments like Rose's, the DL will go back to engaging the OL, and allowing the LB's and safeties to make plays.

With the composition of our DL, I'm guessing this is the best way to utilize them. I don't know that the past personnel was able to accomplish what they wanted them to in the 3-4.

Things cannot be much worse than what we've seen the past two years, so I'm hopeful the 3-3-5 will have better results.

They must have identified a FS who can read and lay the wood. Something like Sands used to do. The 2 CBs can be average in coverage as long as the 2 SS are working in union with them.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one of my many gripes about the use of the stack with Casteel was that the defense was primarily in cover 3. While it did a great job of limiting the number of big plays, it seemed to give up tons of yardage to mediocre QB's.

Of course, my tune has changed a lot since watching our inexperienced DB's struggle against some of the best offenses in the country. So, I am anxious to see how the new look defense performs this year.

It will be like a back to the future moment...