• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU vs Maryland WHO WINS

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people have WVU losing this game. We can't expect to WIN, we all have to HOPE to win, With our lack of Coaching we are in big Trouble. No way Dana pulls some tricks way down in the play book, keeping everything hidden for the first few games. Ford has great game And WVU wins 35 to 24:wtf2:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to watching this game. Wish I could be there in person...

Some early season questions will likely get some answers.

1. Is the Maryland offense stout... or, are the big numbers the result of playing weak competition?

2. Has the WVU defense improved significantly... or, are the numbers the result of playing weak offenses?

3. Will Maryland's defense feel the effects of losing both CB's... will they stay aggressive with their blitzkrieg attack?

4. Will WVU's OL handle the blitz well enough to allow Ford time to exploit it?

5. Will Ford handle the pressure of the blitz packages and different looks well enough to execute his offense? Will he quickly identify Maryland's look and make the right call... allow the OL to change their assignments accordingly?

6. First road game for Ford, will he have problems communicating with his HC and then his OL? Will this hurt their tempo? Result in poor clock management and excessive penalties?

7. Will Dana offset Maryland's aggressive attack with quick hitters and screens to his playmakers?

8. How will Ford and the offense handle adversity?

9. How will WVU's defense handle giving up the big play?

10. Will WVU go into panic mode... show poor body language... give up... if it falls behind early? If it is behind at the half? If it is behind late in the 3rd qtr? Or, if it falls behind later in the 3rd qtr? Or, if it falls behind in the 4th qtr?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland 41-24

Maryland may have played weak teams but at least they beat those teams soundly and while doing so have some sort of chemisry as a offense. They have a offense intact and one that has played together since the spring. WVU is still shuffling around QB's and it is my big fear if Childress has a bad game we will go back to the drawing board. We say we have play makers but I have yet to see them make a play when we needed one. I am not down on this team, but i do not think we have everyone up to speed and I think UMD exploits that with blitzes and different looks.

My biggest hope for this game is that one of the WVU players has a true break out game...

Going to be parking my ride in the Lot around 1030 and the grill fired up by 1045...we will be ready for some football come 3:30.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC,

I think you are spot on with your assessment of Maryland's offense. It has had time to gel... to develop chemistry.

I don't believe I am a blind homer. I believe WVU's defense is better than UConn's.

The UConn game was 13-10 at half. The Maryland offense scored 10 points in the 2nd half.

UConn... a team that has now lost to a FCS club and Maryland... scored 21 points.

So... I hope you are wrong with your prediction.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me anytime I predict WVU to lose i hope I am wrong, even more when I am going to be at the game. lol

I just want to see some fire to this team.....I truly think we have the skill players in place to compete for the Big 12 this year...I just need to see them break out....we look like a team with a bunch of players right there on the edge of doing something great, but need that one play, that one moment where it all clicks. I would feel a littl ebit better if Chidress would have been the starter all along, but it is what it is.

Our defense I think is better, but this team can throw the ball so we will see...I do love the way they are hitting and in position to make plays.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BBWV And DC way to break it down. That's a lot on the table to have to go right.:nod: I am just hoping it does. I still think Dana will be ready for this game. We will see some break out players with some break out plays. Need to get up early and just not let up. Have safe trip DC

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have safe trip DC

Its only 45 mins for me, but anytime I head into Baltimore I hope i make it out...lol

I hope our speed on the outside can make some plays....I have been big on Kevin White since we signed him so that is going to be my break out player prediction. He has all the tools that Diggs for UMD has, just needs to put it all together.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me anytime I predict WVU to lose i hope I am wrong, even more when I am going to be at the game. lol

I just want to see some fire to this team.....I truly think we have the skill players in place to compete for the Big 12 this year...I just need to see them break out....we look like a team with a bunch of players right there on the edge of doing something great, but need that one play, that one moment where it all clicks. I would feel a littl ebit better if Chidress would have been the starter all along, but it is what it is.

Our defense I think is better, but this team can throw the ball so we will see...I do love the way they are hitting and in position to make plays.

I hear ya man.

Coach Dawson addressed this issue with his offense this week too. In his interview, he expressed his frustration with the offense's lack of executing or getting the big play... when it has been there.

I like Kevin White and Ron Carswell for their playmaking abilities. Carswell looks like he is gaining in confidence every game.

In regards to Ford, I think there was always a plan of making him the starter after the OU game if he passed Dana's test. Just my thoughts...

I think Dana knew this decision would affect team chemistry and performance early in the season. Ford was getting no reps in practice with the first team for over 3 weeks time. Dana did not want to put a kid playing in just his 2nd collegiate game up against a team like OU on the road. Once he didn't pout or quit... once he showed the same kind of spirit on the sideline... he passed Dana's test.

Saturday's game might not be pretty for him. Or... it could be his coming out party to the world.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU 27 UMD 24

Close, hard fought game, but WVU wins on one of those 70 yard field goals Holgs keeps trying. :L

BB asks all the right questions and I think this game will answer those. I believe that our defense really is improved enough to slow down the Terps. I also believe that Holgs has now seen enough of his young team to know who to play in key moments. I HOPE that Holgs is smart enough to run some screens against the blitz. We haven't seen that yet this year so I'm hoping he held those plays back and a tad worried he didn't put any in the playbook...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana did not want to put a kid playing in just his 2nd collegiate game up against a team like OU on the road.

Probably one of the things I have disagreed with DH, you learn what you really have under fire...the OU game could have made him a better player. If Millard was not your long time idea then that is really unfair to put him in that situation IMO.

This QB thing just has me worried a bit cause the coaches have not seemed confident in their moves. Hopefully Childress is here to stay. If he does have a bad game and they pull him I will sound off...probably like a bunch of WVU fans will.

What does all this say about Trickett? When the pool of QB options goes down to two and a Frosh beats him out? Most fans were calling this guy are next starter because of his limited role at FSU.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being on a neutral field, I see this as a winnable, but unlikely game. This team, from the coaches down seems tentative, I too would love to see someone have a real breakout game this week. I would also like to see the clock and time out issues solved....... MD 24 WVU 17

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably one of the things I have disagreed with DH, you learn what you really have under fire...the OU game could have made him a better player. If Millard was not your long time idea then that is really unfair to put him in that situation IMO.

This QB thing just has me worried a bit cause the coaches have not seemed confident in their moves. Hopefully Childress is here to stay. If he does have a bad game and they pull him I will sound off...probably like a bunch of WVU fans will.

What does all this say about Trickett? When the pool of QB options goes down to two and a Frosh beats him out? Most fans were calling this guy are next starter because of his limited role at FSU.

One of the WVU insiders... MHVer... tweeted last night that we now have QB drama... similar to our CB drama.

If I read the tea leaves correctly, it seemed to indicate Trickett is not happy about his backup role.

I think I read that Clint and Ford became roommates this fall. Wonder how that is going...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And... DC... while I agree with you that you learn what you have by watching a kid under live fire... I have to think Dana wanted to get the guy who he felt gave WVU the best chance to win the OU game.

Dana and Ford mentioned this week that there were communication problems in the GSU game. Ford said he messed up a couple of times when reading the blitz and not giving his line time to switch their call.

I have to imagine this issue was the reason not to start Ford earlier in the season. But, Paul just couldn't allow the offense to be as multi-dimensional in its downfield array of attack as they needed going forward.

So... the job is now Ford's... and, I think Dana insinuated it will be Ford's job moving forward.

At least that was my read...

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets look closely here at the "knowns" and adjust accordingly:
1) Freshman QB on the road
2) Extremely talented receivers on the UM squad
3) A scrambling UM QB which is a nightmare for WV always has been
4) a WVU offensive unit that appears way out of sync compared to the last 2 years

Now with that all being said, I certainly dont expect WV to win the game. I do expect UM to try to blow us out if they can. They are still pissed off at the fact they have lost 7 in a row to WV and they will be ready to hunt bear on Saturday. You can bank on that. I dont think we will stop Diggs and he will hurt us most along with the QB. Count how many 3rd down situations we get UM in on Saturday and come back and tell how many we stopped? WV's only chance to win this game is to turn it into a grinder, a ball control running style of play that chews the clock, controls the crowd, and keeps the UM offense off the field. Unfortunately, we havent seen that sort of play from this squad or from any Holgerson squad to be exact. Sorry folks but this will be ugly. 41-10 Maryland rout. I hope to be wrong.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB

I hope you are right, not writing off this season by any means, like I said before I think we could still win this conf. I just want a QB in place for next year, IMO that could be a very special year for us....after we knock off Bama the sky will be the limit!

That would be odd if your roomate was pi$$ed that you have the position he wants...lol I will say this if Trickett becomes any kind of distraction I would kindly tell him to hit the road....no need for that jazz.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 4 Prediction: WVU at Maryland

Game 4 Prediction: WVU at Maryland

So I far I am pretty impressed with WVU's defense. I think this is goign to be a test for that defense, as Maryland's offensive power game is strong. I look for a tight contest, but for some reason this seems to be Maryland's year. If we win, we might be a lot better than earlier presictions I had. I still see a loss here, but I think at the end of the year we'll look back at this game and see that it was a "respectable loss" and that improvement has been made. Maryland is now "on my radar" as a darkhorse national title contender. Their schedule IS rather favorable, and they are playing well. They get an off week before playing Florida St., Wake Forest before playing Clemson at Home, and Syracuse before playing at Virginia Tech. They do not get Miami, UNC, or NC St or Georgia Tech in conference. Looks fairly managable.

Maryland 32, West Virginia 27

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I am sorry. I "clicked" thumps up....it's recording "thumbs down". I did not mean that AT ALL.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going for all the horsecrap analizing. WVU wins, 17-14. Hard fought defensive battle.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland is a Dark Horse candidate for the MNC...LOL.

Ford is ready for his coming out party. Our Defense is doing much better. Maryland will not be able to run on us and it will be up to Diggs to beat us and Broderick Jenkins is no longer on the team to watch him run by.

WVU 41-27

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another, we agree Everyone is so afraid of this game. Put the money on WVU, this is almost as a easy win against the Spread as the Oklahoma gain. The money will be riding on Maryland. Maryland hasen't played anybody. We played Oklahoma with a 5th string Quarterback and should of won. Dana has some tricks for this one. WVU will almost cover the over them self. Bet the house the dog and the Kids on this one. WVU and the OVER Oh by the way I will send you my Address to send my 10% of your winnings. Another you got 3 thumbs up WOW